BangDae #3

Oneshots

A/N: It's been a long time since I wrote a random oneshot. LOL.Yeah, this came out because of some things that happened. I didn't know how to end it so the ending is so hilarious, I don't even know what I can do about it. Sorry for that. Well, I hope that this is fine?? 

Enjoy~ Please leave a comment or something~! =)

 


 

Daehyun slid down the closed door of his bedroom as tears wet his face. He hugged his knees close as he bawled his eyes out. Daehyun has this bad habit of bonding and mixing around too easily. He always give everything when he likes that person he is conversing with, be it friends or a random stranger that he only started talking to 5 mins ago. People that don’t know will think that he is a carefree and happy person, but no, they are all wrong.

Daehyun gets hurts easily because he gives everything to that person he is with. People often take it for granted and just treat him like basically. Even though he might act like he is happy, he is still lonely inside, he wants real friends that don’t treat him like that. He wants to find friends that he won’t have to constantly worry about not being useful to them anymore. He wants friends that won’t throw him away when he is useless to them already. What is so hard about it?

Daehyun knows that he should change his bad habit of showing everything so easily, he should stop giving so much so that he won’t be hurt when they leave. So that, he wouldn’t be so hurt when he is all alone, once again. But it’s easier said than done, he is already used to being the way he is now, he can’t stop himself from giving so much.

Daehyun yearns for attention from people around him. As soon as he gets use to their presence, which doesn’t take long, he yearns for their attention. He will cling onto them until they push him away harshly. Daehyun knows that being so clingy is not good but he can’t help it. Initiating skinship and clinging onto them is like breathing to him, it’s as normal and as needed.

Today, as usual, after bidding his friends goodbye, he is left to experience all those pent up emotions alone. The uselessness, the fear of losing those artificial friends, the fear of being left all alone all of the feelings hurt him silently and cruelly. Daehyun seldom cries because of that, he will just feel lonely and sad but he seldom cries. He doesn’t want to show that he is weak so he hides it all in, not knowing how much worse it is to hide it like he did.

Tonight, though, it is different. He overheard his best friend’s, Youngjae’s, conversation with other guys. He knew how they felt from the start, he knew all those things that they will say but he hides it in the back of his head. He pushes those thoughts away, not wanting to face them and gets crushed by them. Now, he has no choice but to face it. No matter how good he is at deceiving himself, he can’t possibly act like all that he had heard, all that he had seen doesn’t exist. Even if he wants to forget it, it happened, this moment is one of the few where Daehyun would just give up deceiving himself.

It hurts so much that it is ripping him apart inside out. He doesn’t understand, why is it so difficult to make real friends? Just what did he do wrongly for him to not be able to get friends like others did? He was still crying when he heard the doorbell rang. Daehyun considered the option of ignoring it but the knocking sounded very rush so he forced himself up, wiping his tears and opening the door.

He was pushed inside the apartment the moment he opened the door and he is now being pinned against the door with someone’s hand above his mouth. “Shh, I won’t do anything to you. I just have to hide from those troublesome guys that my dad sent to get me back, I will leave after that.” A deep and musky voice resounded through the apartment and I stared at the guy infront of me. I was having trouble breathing since my nose is blocked and my mouth is being covered by his hand.

He seemed shocked to see me cry and he looked flustered. “Hey, I will leave soon and I am not gonna do anything to you, why are you crying?” He said softly as he removed his hand. Daehyun sunk onto the floor, hugging his knees close as he continued crying. It hurts so much he just can’t stop the tears. He thought that Youngjae was different, but he is wrong. He treated Youngjae as his real friend, his real and only best friend but it seems like he has just stabbed himself in his guts. He was totally wrong about Youngjae, he was not Daehyun’s friend and will never be. Daehyun just allowed himself to be stabbed once again, so easily. Daehyun is just sobbing, ignoring the guy’s presence. That guy was about to leave when Daehyun started wailing as he clawed his arms, causing a warm, and red liquid to appear on his arms. The red droplets took a while to gather enough amounts for it to drip down his arms. Daehyun just wants to distract himself from the pain in his chest, so he inflicted pain on himself, hoping that it would work, hoping that the pain on his arms would overpower the pain in his chest.

That guy couldn’t stand watching Daehyun like that and he grabbed Daehyun’s wrist, stopping him from hurting himself. “Hey, I don’t know why you are crying but you don’t have to hurt yourself like this.” That guy said and Daehyun struggled to get away from him. Daehyun got hugged suddenly and he froze for a second before screaming and cursing, trying to get out of that stranger’s grip. No matter how much he shouted and thrashed about, the stranger never let go, he just held Daehyun there firmly.

Daehyun gave up after a while. He decided that this guy can do whatever he wants to him. Not resisting seemed to be a better idea right now so he just sobbed quietly in that position. “Are you okay now?” That guy asked and Daehyun didn’t bother answering him. “Do you have a first aid kit somewhere?” He asked again and once again, he got ignored. He sighed and stood up. “Wait here, don’t do anything stupid.” He said before he walked to the door.

Daehyun didn’t know what came over him but he reached out for that guy and gripped his arm. “Don’t leave… Don’t leave me alone.” Daehyun pleaded as another tear slipped past his eye. That guy bent down and stared at Daehyun, sending shivers down his spine. “What’s your name?” He asked and Daehyun just stared at him. “Oh, I forgot to mention my name. I am Yongguk, so now if you don’t mind, can you answer my previous question? What’s your name?” He repeated his question and Daehyun stared at him for a while. “Jung Daehyun.” He answered softly and Yongguk smiled.

“I am just going to get some antiseptic for your hand, I can’t leave someone alone after seeing that they are injured right?” He said as he grinned. “Don’t leave.” Daehyun repeated but his hand slipped down from Yongguk’s arm. Daehyun stared at the tiles as he sat there limply, expecting Yongguk to leave just like the others.

Daehyun lied on the floor when he heard the door being opened and closed, more tears running down his face. Why did he reach out for that stranger? Why is he acting like a , accepting whatever warmth that he could get from anyone and everyone? What made him this way? How did he end up being like this? Why is he so pathetic suddenly? Since when did it start? Since when did he stop smiling truthfully? Since when did he start to cry alone? Daehyun couldn’t find the answer to any of these questions.

Daehyun was too deeply lost in his own self pitying that he missed the sound of the door being opened. He didn’t realize that someone else was in the same room as he is until a shadow loomed above him. He looked up and saw Yongguk standing there. “Are you not feeling well somewhere?” He asked softly but Daehyun started crying again. Yongguk was shocked and he didn’t know what to do.

Yongguk and Daehyun are alike, just that Yongguk didn’t have problems like Daehyun do. Yongguk also gives a lot to the others. He enjoys helping others and he is known for that and not getting angry. He is so welcomed in the neighborhood that people started calling him “Bang Bosal” at some time. He just can’t help himself but help someone that he saw and was in trouble. He finds it irresponsible to leave them alone to suffer, much different from what his father thinks. Yongguk’s father is nowhere near friendly, his father is the boss of a drug dealing organization, how friendly and lovely can he be?  

“Hey, stop crying already. Aren’t you tired crying for such a long time? What made you like this?” Yongguk asked curiously. So in the end, the night ended with Daehyun crying and sobbing as he told Yongguk everything while Yongguk listens intensively, feeling sorry for Daehyun. Daehyun experience his first panic attack of his life. The need to escape the reality wasn’t that strong previously. Previously, the situation has never been that serious for him to feel that amount of anxiety. Maybe letting it out for the first time wasn’t such an easy task after all. Daehyun fell asleep in Yongguk’s arms and Yongguk brought him to bed before grabbing the stuffs that he bought, cleaning Daehyun’s wounds on his arm.

Yongguk didn’t dare to leave that night, worried that Daehyun would do something stupid like hurting himself again so he stayed. Like the normal Yongguk he is, he stayed that night, watching over Daehyun. People might think that he is crazy, doing things for a stranger that he just knew not too long ago but Yongguk doesn’t think so and as long as he thinks that he is doing the right thing, he won’t stop.

It’s been a while since Daehyun knew Yongguk. Daehyun was totally dependent on Yongguk right now. His bad habit never changes, he clung onto Yongguk because he was the only one that stayed with Daehyun for such a long period of time. He is used to Yongguk’s presence and he yearns for his attention. However, Daehyun is afraid. Daehyun only has Yongguk but Yongguk has lots of other people.

This is unfair. While Daehyun only has Yongguk to lean onto, to talk to and to play with, Yongguk has lots of other people to do that with. Daehyun is afraid because he is only one of the people in Yongguk’s life while Daehyun only has Yongguk in his life. However, once again, Daehyun didn’t say anything to Yongguk about this. He doesn’t want to stop Yongguk from making friends, for having new people in his life because, who was Daehyun to do that? What rights does he have to do that? He is only one person in Yongguk’s life.

Yongguk didn’t push Daehyun away and allowed Daehyun to lean onto him. He knew how fragile Daehyun is, it makes him want to protect him. Daehyun is just like those kids that he visits in the orphanage. Daehyun is fragile and lonely, it makes Yongguk want to be by him and help him just like how he felt towards the kids. Even though it felt a little different, Yongguk believes that he just wants to help Daehyun.

Yongguk moved in to stay with Daehyun as Daehyun requested. He didn’t mind, as long as he doesn’t need to stay at that house with his father, he is fine. Daehyun would often climb onto Yongguk’s bed after Yongguk is asleep to sleep with him and Yongguk doesn’t mind. He is okay with this kind of things. He thinks that Daehyun only needed the comfort.

As time goes by, Daehyun is very grateful to have Yongguk in his life. He is very happy that even though he pushed Yongguk away so many times, Yongguk still stayed. He is thankful that Yongguk is always there for him or he would have been broken by now. Yongguk and Daehyun has lots of things in common, their conversation varies from topics to topics, they can talk nonstop for one whole day. They talked about happy things, sad things, hurtful things, innocent things and even dirty things, they can talk about basically everything and anything. Yongguk is fine as long as Daehyun is happy. He has grown fond of this kid that he wants Daehyun to be happy and laughing all the time.

Daehyun, on the other hand, acted like some obsessive lover of Yongguk even though he is not. He can’t sit still for 5 mins without messaging Yongguk. He misses Yongguk when he is not around. He wants to be with Yongguk and he wants Yongguk’s attention all to himself. Daehyun finds it irritating and he tries to stop but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t stop himself from sending a message to Yongguk even though he knows that Yongguk wouldn’t be able to reply. Then he would sit there, checking his inbox once every 3 mins to see if Yongguk replied, to see if he had missed Yongguk’s texts. He hates it when he is this weak and just can’t stop himself from bothering Yongguk like this. Even though Yongguk said that he doesn’t mind, Daehyun still feels that he is just some irritating brat that can’t be considerate to others.

Yongguk assures Daehyun that he is okay with it but that doesn’t stop Daehyun from being paranoid, that doesn’t stop Daehyun from being afraid that Yongguk will leave and that doesn’t stop Daehyun from yearning for Yongguk’s attention. A simple yet impossible meeting of Daehyun and Yongguk provided solace for Daehyun and happiness for Yongguk.

Such a simple yet ridiculous meeting, provided solace for 2 people. Such a ridiculous meeting allowed 2 people to each find their small happiness in their hell-like lives that no one would understand except for themselves.