BangDae #9

Oneshots

A/N: Hi~ This is my last oneshot before my job starts today. LOL. I won't be able to update as often, again. =___='' Sighs. Anyway, I hope that you like this anyway. I saw the picture on Daehyun's instagram and I swear he looks just like a dog in that basket like chair thing. LOL. 

Please leave some feedback about this oneshot~ Sorry for the mistakes in this fic, once again. LOL. 

 


 

“If you continue to act like this, your identity will be revealed.” Daehyun looked over to owner of the voice with an uninterested look. “Meow.” The other just rolled his eyes at Daehyun’s antiques before disappearing into thin air. Daehyun then sank back into the basket that he is in, trying to go back to sleep without being disturbed by the cold wind.

The next time Daehyun opened his eyes, he is lying on something soft and comfortable, different from how he remembered the place that he was at. This wasn’t what Daehyun had expected. “Did I sleepwalk again?” Daehyun mumbled, but sank deeper into the bed.

It’s warm and comfy here, he doesn’t want to go outside anymore. “How did I end up here though, last time I checked, I was still hiding by the dump.” Daehyun shuddered at the thought of going back now that he had been to such a comfortable place. The sudden realization sent him out of bed in a second.

Where is this? What if it’s some crazy erted old guy that brought him here? Daehyun looked around, noticing that it’s a clean room but shook his head harshly. This is not his place, he shouldn’t be here, he won’t be treated nicely here. If it meant not having to have with weird people, Daehyun would gladly go back to the dump.

The question is, can he get back without being noticed by the owner of this place? Peeking out of the door very obviously, Daehyun didn’t see anyone around. Making a quick run for the door was his option but, unfortunately for him, he bumped straight into someone.

“Are you okay already? You look quite energetic, to be someone that fainted outside my apartment.” The supposedly owner of the apartment commented and Daehyun looked up sheepishly, only to have a hand placed on his forehead gently. “The fever went down a little.”

Daehyun stared at the man in front of him right now and he tried to make sense of the unfamiliar situation that never appeared even in his imagination. “Aren’t you weirded out by me?” Daehyun asked softly and the man just stared at Daehyun. “Should I be? Well, it’s weird that a guy just fainted outside my apartment.”

Shaking his head, Daehyun reached to point out his ears but it wasn’t at its usual place. When he reached behind his back and felt nothing, Youngjae appeared behind Yongguk. “You are sick so as a good friend, I sent you to someone that looks trustworthy after helping you keep your ears and tail. But make sure you keep your identity hidden, I will tell you in details later.”

With that, Youngjae disappeared and Daehyun flinched when he felt something on his face. “Are you okay? You look so pale suddenly.” The man commented and Daehyun just nodded his head. “I am Yongguk, you seemed to be very lost about the situation currently, do you not have any idea how you fainted outside?”

Nodding slightly, Daehyun noticed the slightly amused expression on Yongguk’s face. “Your name?” Daehyun stared at Yongguk intensely. How long has it been since someone even asked for his name? “Daehyun.” Yongguk made himself comfortable on the sofa and told Daehyun to sit beside him.

“If you don’t mind, I would like to ask you some questions. I think that I have the right to, after taking you in instead of leaving you to die out there.” Daehyun tensed at the way Yongguk phrased his sentence. Nothing good comes after this, Daehyun knows. “How did you end up outside my apartment?”

With a small shake from Daehyun, Yongguk continued asking. “Then where do you live? I will send you back now that you are awake.” Daehyun adverted his gaze to the coffee table in front of him. “I don’t have a place to stay at.” Daehyun mumbled softly, not liking this conversation at all.

“You got chased out? I will help you talk to your parents then.” Daehyun shook his head again. “I don’t have any family members, I am always alone.” It was half true since Daehyun was alone until Youngjae appeared but that guy isn’t a being that Yongguk will believe if Daehyun said it.

There was a moment of silence before Daehyun broke it. “Can’t you let me stay?” Daehyun bit his lips, trying to continue speaking though his pride is against it. “I will do anything. If it’s about money, I can find a job.” Daehyun clenched his fist tightly, trying to continue when he felt something warm on his cheek.

Yongguk was caressing Daehyun’s cheek gently. “You can stay, how much have you been through to force yourself to say all these things against your will.” The situation then got awkward and Yongguk retracted his hand. “I didn’t say that I was going to chase you out, you can stay until there’s an alternative way for you to survive during winter.”

“Really?” Daehyun asked softly and Yongguk nodded. “It’s just me here anyway.” Daehyun jumped onto Yongguk, grabbing onto him tightly. “You are so nice.” Daehyun exclaimed and Yongguk is shocked at the sudden hug. “Y-Yeah, just get well first before we think of other things.”

Daehyun was sent to bed again since his fever haven’t gone done fully. “That guy is different right?” Youngjae sat beside Daehyun comfortably. “I’ve been checking on him for a while now, he is kind and softhearted. I don’t think he will do anything to you.”

“Thanks, Jae.” Daehyun snuggled against Youngjae’s stomach, making himself comfortable on Youngjae’s lap. “You really have to be careful about keeping your identity hidden. If he knew, things might be different.” Youngjae started and pulled Daehyun’s left hand to him. “This mark will glow if you are about to get caught, which is why you have to be careful. Depending on how bright this mark is shining, your stomach will hurt as a reminder. Lastly, don’t trust humans too much.”

Before Daehyun could say anything, Youngjae disappeared and the door opened. Daehyun acted like he is already asleep and Yongguk just shifted Daehyun to lie on the bed properly before leaving. The next morning, when Daehyun woke up, he found Yongguk sleeping on the sofa.

He made himself comfortable on the floor, between the coffee table and the sofa, and stared at Yongguk for a while. “I am not a normal human.” Daehyun whispered and he clutched onto his stomach when a sharp pain assaulted him in his guts. This was what Youngjae meant by the pain, Daehyun thought.

The pain doesn’t go away after a moment and Daehyun had to keep his volume down or Yongguk will wake up. Sadly, for Daehyun, the pain is a nauseating pain and he had to rush to the toilet when the feeling becomes too much. “Why did you have to try it out?”

Youngjae patted Daehyun’s back gently, trying to soothe the pain. When it subsided a little, Daehyun just sat in the toilet as he tried to recover from that disturbing experience. “Now you know how careful you must be right? Since no one likes the feeling of puking their guts out. Don’t let anyone touch that mark.”

After he gathers enough strength back, Daehyun cleaned up the mess that he made before going out. Maybe he should try to make some breakfast for them. With that, Daehyun began rampaging the fridge and started cutting the vegetables. “You know how to cook?”

Daehyun jumped when he heard Yongguk’s voice suddenly and that sudden movement caused the blade of the knife to cut Daehyun’s finger. “So you can’t cook.” Yongguk commented as he pulled Daehyun to the sink. The blood doesn’t stop and Yongguk pressed a gauze that he got from the first aid kit onto the wound.

“Press onto it.” Yongguk instructed but Daehyun wasn’t reacting well so he grabbed Daehyun’s other hand, pressing onto the wound and Daehyun gasped at the sudden pain. “Hold and press.” Yongguk repeated as he led Daehyun to the sofa. When the bleeding stopped, Yongguk wrapped the finger up carefully before staring at Daehyun. “You are prohibited from the kitchen.”

Daehyun apologized for causing Yongguk trouble but Yongguk just patted his head before proceeding to the kitchen. “Are you a human?” Daehyun asked suddenly. While they were eating and Yongguk laughed. “What else would I be?” Daehyun just shrugged and Yongguk continued. “Why? Aren’t you?”

There’s a dull light on his arm and he retracted his arm, his stomach doesn’t hurt as much as just now. “Of course I am.” Not. Daehyun kept the last word unsaid, trying to not sound as suspicious. Daehyun is thankful that the conversation ended there. He just asked because Yongguk is different from the people he met.

It’s nice to not have to sleep beside the dump, out in the cold, and not have to serve the house’s owner like some slave. “Thank you for taking me in.” Daehyun thanked Yongguk and Yongguk just shrugged. “It’s too cold to throw you out.” Daehyun just smiled at that. “You are so different from the others. I will find a job and help you.”

Yongguk shook his head. “I am not forcing you to, you don’t have to do something that is inconvenient.” Yongguk said but Daehyun shook his head. “I want to be useful, then you can’t find a reason to throw me out.” Yongguk sighed when he heard that. “I won’t throw you out for the moment, there’s no reason to.”

“That’s why I am not going to give you a reason.” Daehyun grinned. “Are people you met all heartless?” Daehyun just pouted and nodded quickly. “They are very bad, they do whatever they want with me then throw me out.” Daehyun complained and his rant went on for a while.

They got to know each other for the past month, with Daehyun talking most of the time. Yongguk came to a conclusion that Daehyun has to be kept at home when Daehyun came back home with injuries around his body after going out for a job hunt. Daehyun was just sobbing quietly with his head hung low that night.

Daehyun woke up from the noise of someone entering the house and he heard a chuckle. “You really look like a puppy.” Yongguk commented and Daehyun clutched onto his stomach with a groan. “I am not, stop saying that I look like one.” This wasn’t the first time Yongguk commented about Daehyun like this.

Yongguk rushed to Daehyun and bent forward. “Hurting again? Should we go to the hospital?” Daehyun shook his head. “Just stop commenting that I am like a dog.” Daehyun groaned, leaning onto Yongguk. “Hyung came back later today.” Daehyun commented after the pain subsided.

Stretching his body, Yongguk shrugged. “There seemed to be more things to do today.” Yongguk transported Daehyun to his room and told him to not wait for Yongguk. It just turned out that they are sleeping in the same room after a while. Yongguk’s bed is bigger and softer, Daehyun claimed.

After Yongguk showered, he searched for remedies to help with sudden nauseating stomachaches. Its weekend tomorrow and he could grab the things then. Grabbing a small note, he noted down the food items that could help Daehyun’s weird symptoms. Yongguk woke up earlier the next day and prepared breakfast for the both of them.

It wasn’t difficult to wake Daehyun up since he peeked out of the room from the sweet smell. By the time Yongguk was done, Daehyun is by the table and waiting to be fed. “Pancakes and tea? It’s a weird combination.” Daehyun commented but Yongguk just shrugged.

Yongguk added baking soda into the pancake mix since it helps, same with the tea. It’s weird that Yongguk didn’t complain about the amount of honey syrup he is adding onto his pancakes and Daehyun looked up. “Hyung, are you okay?” Daehyun reached over to check Yongguk’s temperature that turned out to be normal.

After another month spent together, Daehyun honestly felt bad for lying to Yongguk about his identity. However, at the same time, he is afraid that things will be different if Yongguk knew about his true identity. It was really a struggle to lie to Yongguk but also a struggle deciding what to do.

In the end, he told Yongguk to give him an hour at night when Yongguk came back from work. Yongguk sensed the seriousness of this conversation from how tensed Daehyun is currently and he is starting to worry about the things that Daehyun wanted to talk about.

“Hyung, I will let you know a secret of mine.” Daehyun started slowly, pulling up the sleeves to show Yongguk the mark that is shining slightly currently. “Please don’t touch it and just listen to what I am going to say.” Yongguk nodded, still inspecting the mark. “I am actually not a normal human.”

Yongguk flinched from the brightness of the mark that increased suddenly. He noticed that Daehyun is in pain again and was about to go prepare a cup of tea to help soothe the pain but he got stopped by Daehyun. “I am always hurting because I am not supposed to let you know. Whenever I am about to get exposed, the mark will shine and my stomach will hurt.”

That was the furthest Daehyun could go before he rushed to the toilet, puking out all the things he ate. “Yah, you don’t have to tell me if it will be so hard on your side.” Yongguk chided as he patted Daehyun’s back. Then suddenly, a pair of ears and a tail appeared on Daehyun.

The tail brushed against Yongguk’s legs and Yongguk could almost squeal at how cute the tail and ears are. Helping Daehyun to clean up before he brought the both of them to the room, Yongguk just stared at how the ears made Daehyun look so much cuter.

“Why did you even keep the ears and tail? It’s too cute.” Yongguk commented and Daehyun noticed that his tail and ears are out. Youngjae appeared beside the both of them. “Since you let him know, I will let them out now. But it doesn’t mean that you can talk about it, you will still hurt from the mark. Remember to keep it when you go out.”

Daehyun snuggled against Yongguk, making himself comfortable. “I didn’t want to hide it from you, don’t you mind that I am not a human?” Yongguk just pressed his palm onto Daehyun’s mouth but it’s too late, Daehyun still said it and he curled up a little from the pain.

“I don’t really care what you are. The time we spent together showed what type of person you are more than what you are classified as. But are you really worrying about it? Are you supposed to stick your body to mine when you are?” Yongguk mused but Daehyun ignored him.

Right before they slept, Daehyun looked up to see Yongguk still staring at him while he pats Daehyun’s head and ears. “Thank you, hyung. You are really nice to me, unlike the others.” Yongguk just smiled, giving Daehyun’s head a final pat before shifting to a more comfortable position. “Sleep tight.” Yongguk whispered, feeling arms wrapped around him before falling asleep.