Chapter 19

Half of a Love Song

[Aaron POV]

After seeing Guigui run out if the shop, I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. Why did I have to do that? Now Gui saw everything! She looked really upset when she ran out. Maybe I should chase after her? A lot of  questions kept popping up in my mind, but I didn’t have any answers for them. Finally coming back to my senses, I run out to the shop and try to find Guigui.

 

[Guigui POV]

After running out to the shop,  I came to a park and sat down. Why did I even run out of the shop when I saw Aaron and that girl? Why did I even get angry at him? It's not like I have feelings for him? Do I? NO!!! I definitely do NOT have feelings for a playboy! But then why was I so upset when I witnessed what Aaron did?

 

"Argh!!!!!! Why is all this so confusing???!!!" I shout out loud.

 

"So what's making you all confused?" I hear a familiar voice whisper next to my ear. I shivered.

 

I turned around to see that the person that I least wanted to see was standing right behind me. Lucky I didn’t say my feelings out loud before or else now there would be one hell of an explanation to tell.

 

"So... are you going to tell me why you just ran out of the shop just then?" he asks me again.

 

"It's none of your business" I stated, getting up from the park bench.

 

I was about to walk away when I heard him talk.

 

 "Were you jealous? Is that why you ran out when you saw me?" I could hear him ask me, chuckling lightly. Who does he think he is? Does he think that he can affect me that much?

 

This stopped me in my tracks. There was an uncomfortable silence when I turned around to face him. Was I jealous? Was this what I was feeling back at the shop when I saw the intimate behaviour between him and the waitress?

 

I denied the accusation and stormed off. I felt him grab my arm to prevent me from leaving.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to tease you. It was funny at that moment. I promise not to do it again." he said sincerely, looking at me straight in the eye.

 

His gaze totally had me melting. He looks so handsome right now, how can I resist?

 

"hmph! I don’t want to talk to you anymore Aaron" I say, this time shaking off his  grasp on me and walking away from him.

 

I could feel that he was walking after me, but I ignored his presence. I was in no mood to entertain him. I arrived back at the shop to find that Wang Zi was still sitting there, waiting for me. I felt so bad. I shouldn’t have walked out and left him in the shop not knowing what happened.

 

I walked over to him.

 

"Wang Zi... I’m sorry about before. I didn’t mean to intentionally leave the shop and you behind. I didn’t know what took over me. I’m really sorry." I bowed my head apologetically.

 

"Guigui, it’s alright. You don’t have to worry. But if you're going to do it again next time, some warning would be nice." I looked up to see Wang Zi smiling at me. Gosh, I am lucky to have him as my best friend.

 

I sat down and noticed that my ice had already melted.

 

"What a pity, and I was looking forward to eating it" I pouted.

 

Someone then came up to me and placed an extra large serving of half milk, half strawberry shaved ice with fresh strawberries right under my nose. I smiled widely. I looked up to see that the person holding onto the ice was Wang Zi.

 

Disappointment washed over me.  Some part of me longed for it to be Aaron. I kept smiling and thanked Wang Zi for the ice.