chapter 17

Half of a Love Song

[Guigui POV]

Finally it was lunch. I couldn’t wait to get out of class. I felt like I was suffocating in there. I quickly packed up my belongings and ran out of the classroom, leaving Ya Tou behind staring at my disappearing figure. Maybe she’ll think that I’m trying to escape from her interrogation. I am, aren’t I???

 

I managed to escape Ya Tou at lunch and rushed home. I arrived home earlier than usual. I went to take a shower and change into my own clothes. I placed Aaron’s in the wash and decided to return it to him after I had cleaned it.

 

I was staring on my homework when I heard the doorbell go off. who could that be? I just hope that it’s not Ya Tou or I'm so going to get it from her.

 

I went downstairs and opened the door slowly.

 

"Ya Tou I'm sorry I ran away from you at school. Please don't be angry with me. I'll explain everything now. I'm really sorry."

 

"Ok then. I want to hear your explanation as well. And do I look like Ya Tou to you? Really? Cause the last time I checked I looked more like a prince." I heard the deep voice say.

 

"You're not Ya Tou!" I exclaimed, looking up. "I'm sorry Wang Zi, I thought that it was going to be Ya Tou pestering me to explain what happened between me and Aaron the other day."

 

[Wang Zi POV]

After I heard her say that she was with Aaron, I didn't know why but I felt my blood starting to boil. Why is she always with Aaron? Why is she always talking about him? Why am I feeling this way when Guy mentions that she is with Aaron? This is none of my business anyways, so why am I getting so bothered about it?

 

“Wang Zi, Wang Zi are you still there?” I hear Guigui ask me while waving her hand in front of my face

 

“Oh, sorry about that, I was thinking” I reply, snapping out of my trance.

 

“what were you thinking about so intently that you didn’t hear me call you?” Gui asks again.

 

“Oh it was nothing important. You don’t have to worry about it.” I tell her. “So back to you.  What did you and Aaron do the other day that needed an explanation for Ya Tou?”

 

After I asked her to explain what happened between her and Aaron, she started to get nervous and started fidgeting around.

 

“it’s fine if you don’t want to tell me. It’s your own personal business, nothing to do with me.” I reassure her.

 

“Thanks Wang Zi. You’re the best, unlike Ya Tou who makes me tell her everything” she exaggerates. “Oh so Wang Zi why are you here?”

 

I missed you and I wanted to see you, that’s why I’m here.  “oh nothing. Just thought that I’d come by to visit once in a while. I haven’t seen you in ages or don’t you want to see me?” I ask her looking sad.

 

“No, no. that’s not what I meant. Oh, don’t be angry Wang Zi. I didn’t mean it like that” she said , giving me her famous puppy eyes. How could I resist that! It was super cute.

 

“okay okay. I know that you didn’t mean it that way, I was just kidding with you”

 

“I know. I was also joking around.” She tells me.

 

“Ok since I’m being such a nice person today I’ll treat you to some ice cream. How does that sound?”

 

“Really? Your treat? Then I can order whatever I want right?” Guigui asks me carefully.

 

“Of course you can order whatever you want. I did say that it was my treat, so I guess I have to know that you’re probably going to eat the whole ice cream store while you’re at it” I say, laughing.

 

“Come on, lets go then. I want to eat my ice cream.” Guigui says while pulling me out the door.