chapter 12

Half of a Love Song

[guigui POV]

As I walked into class this morning, I noticed that Ya Tou was not there yet. Ya Tou is usually never late. Where can she be? I was beginning to get worried about her. Ya Tou was never a person that was ever late for class.

 

Just as the last bell rang for class, Ya Tou came running in.

 

“What’s wrong Ya Tou? Why are you late?” I asked her

 

“Gui----“

 

“Students please settle down. We are about to begin class.’ Says Miss Cherry. “ Oh also, to let everyone know, we will have a new student come to our class very soon. She will be arriving shortly”

 

While Miss Cherry was marking attendance, a familiar figure walked into class.

 

“Class, this is the new student I was just talking to you about before. Why don’t you introduce yourself to the class.” Miss Cherry says

 

“Hello everyone, my name is Hebe Tian. I just transferred here from America. I hope that we can all be good friends.”

 

“everyone, please welcome Hebe to the class.” Miss Cherry says while clapping, “Hebe why don’t you sit next to Aaron, since there is a spare seat next to him. Aaron please rai-----“

 

“ Miss Cherry its alright. I know who aaron is. You don’t have to make him stand up” Hebe says, smiling.

 

“Oh, you know Aaron? Well then that’s good then. Aaron I hope you can look after our dear Hebe here then. Teach her the ropes around the school”

 

“Yes Miss Cherry” Aaron says monotonously.

 

[Aaron POV]

Great! Just great! Not only is Hebe’s in my class but she is also sitting next to me. anf I have to show her the ropes around the school. She’s not going to stop bugging everyday now. Im going to get know peace. Why did Miss Cherry make me do this? What about the incident between me, guigui and Hebe this morning? I just hope that Hebe doesn’t find out that guigui actually isn’t my girlfriend and that we were just faking it this morning.

 

“Hi Aaron. I guess were seat buddies” Hebe says happily while getting into the seat next to me.

 

Class is going to be hell.

 

I turn the over way and try to ignore Hebe. The reason I say try is because she keeps talking to me non stop. Ever since she sat till now, which is an hour into lessons, she hasn’t stopped talking to me about how much she misses me and about all our happy times together; and also about how much more fun we are going to have since she’s back with me.

 

I couldn’t take another word from Hebe. I jumped out from my seat and walked right out of the classroom leaving behind a stunned Hebe and an infuriated Miss Cherry staring after me.

 

I somehow made my way to the music room only to be surprised by a figure playing the piano.