Chapter 20

Half of a Love Song

[Aaron POV]

I arrived in front of Guigui's house. Yes, I know. I followed her home, that's how I know where she lives. I walked up to her door, contemplating whether or not I should knock. Should I knock? Would she even let me in if she knew it was me? Why am I even so worried about what she thinks about me?

 

After a while fighting with myself on whether or not to knock, I finally plucked up enough courage to do so. After a couple of knocks, I thought that there was no one home. Maybe she is still out with her friend from before? Why do I feel angry when I think that they might be together?

 

I was about to walk away when the front door opened. I smiled. I turned around to see the person who was at the shop with Guigui was the person that opened to door. My smile turned into a frown.

 

[Guigui POV]

I walked Wang Zi to the door. As he was leaving, I saw a familiar figure standing in the hallway, frowning. He started to walk up to me.

 

“What were you doing with him?” he asks through clenched teeth.

 

“Whatever I was doing with him has nothing to do with you Aaron? So why don’t you just mind your own business and not worry about other people’s things. Why are you even here anyways?” I retort, still angry about the incident this morning.

 

I turned to leave when I felt him hug me from behind.

 

“I’m sorry Gui” I hear him whisper into my ear.

 

I could feel my heart beating faster and my face turning red. Why is my heart beating so fast when I am near him? Is what Wang Zi said to me all true? Am I just in denial right now?

 

[Flashback – at Guigui’s house]
“Hey Gui, just wondering, why did you run out of the shop like that? Did you know that I was really worried about you? I didn’t know what happened” Wang Zi asks me, clearly concerned. “It’s alright if you don’t want to tell me. I understand it’s none of my bus----“

 

“Okay” I say, cutting him off.

 

“Okay what?” Wang Zi asks confused.

 

“Okay, I’ll tell you what happened.” I say slowly.

 

After explaining to Wang Zi what happened, he just sat there quietly. There seemed to be an awkward silence that enveloped us. Wang Zi looked as though he was thinking about something. After a while, he started to speak.

 

“Guigui have you ever thought that you might be in love with this Aaron guy? Because according to what I have been hearing from your story, it sounds like you might be jealous.” Wang Zi tells me.

 

“What?! Me jealous because of Aaron Yan? The player? This is ridiculous! Hahaha” I laugh, though some part of this sounded as though it might be true. Am I falling for that player? Is it because I like him that’s why I feel jealous when he’s around other girls? NO! This cannot be true. I cannot be falling in love with Aaron Yan!!!

 

“Gui, I think that you’re in denial. You just don’t want to admit to yourself that you have fallen for this guy. I don’t think that he is that bad, is he? He seemed worried when he saw you running out the shop and he ran after you. From what I can see, it seems as though he might also like you.” I hear Wang Zi tell me.

 

I seemed to be in a completely different world. Even though I could hear Wang Zi talking to me, none of it seemed to register. I was still thinking about the fact that have I really fallen for that Aaron Yan?

 

“Gui, just think about what I told you. I’m going to be leaving now.” Wang Zi says, heading for the door.

 

Snapping back into reality I lead Wang Zi to the door and bid him farewell.

 

[Flashback end]