Chapter 22

Half of a Love Song

[Guigui POV]

I could feel him tighten the hug around me, bringing me back from my thoughts. My heart was still beating a thousand times per minute.

 

“Calm down heart. There is nothing to be excited about’ I whisper to myself.

 

[Aaron POV]

“Calm down heart there is nothing to be excited about” she whispers to herself. I wonder if she knows that I can hear her?

 

I chuckle silently to myself, causing Gui to turn around.

 

“Why are you here and why do you have your arms wrapped around me?”she asks questioningly.

 

I look down and see that my arms are still wrapped around her. I take this chance and decided to again.

 

“What? You don’t like this? I thought you did.” I say wrapping my arms around her tightly.

 

She squirmed, trying to remove my hold on her, “Who would want you?”

 

I gave her a questioning look.

 

“Who wouldn’t want me?” I say teasing her again.

 

All of a sudden, she hits my arms really hard, causing me to let unlock my grip on her. She pushed me out of the embrace, ran into her apartment and slammed the door in my face before I could even react to what had happened.

 

[That night - Guigui's Apartment]

[Guigui POV]

I glance at the clock again. 2.48am. urgh! When am I going to be able to sleep?! Every time I closed my eyes, visions of Aaron’s face kept popping up into my head.

 

Aaron, please stay out of my head!!! I cant sleep because of you.

 

After another long hour, I start to doze off. As I was about to fall asleep completely, my phone just had to start ringing. Anger washed over me as I saw the caller ID. Aaron. I hesitantly answer the call.

 

“Wei?”

 

I couldn’t hear anything, “Wei?!”

 

I was starting to get impatient now. “Aaron Yan! If you don’t answer me back right now, then I’m going to hang up!” I say into the phone.

 

Still no answer. As I was about to end the call I heard something strange.

 

“Urgh! Stay out of my head! Why is it that every time I close my eyes I see you?!”

 

Huh? What did I just hear? Am I dreaming? Or is this really happening.

 

As I placed the phone back to my ear, it had seemed as though aaron had not intentionally called me.

 

“he must have touched it by accident” I say to myself.

I was about to hang up, but curiosity got the better of me, therefore I kept on eavesdropping.

 

please just stay out of my head! I don’t want to see you!”

 

I wonder who aaron is talking about.

 

Not so long after, I begin to fall asleep.

 

Gosh, I think I might be falling for you Guigui.”