MAMA

Beautiful Stranger

 

Listening to: MAMA by EXO-M

 

Looking at the mirror, I still see the hand mark from his slap. “Since when did Taemin get so...angry?” I ask, out loud. I sigh and continue brushing my teeth.

“Zara~” I hear a familiar honey-like voice sing from the living room. The voice sounds like it’s getting closer to me.

I continue to brush my teeth awkwardly and as I rinse my mouth, I see Taemin looking back in the mirror at me.

“Zara~” he wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly. “I’ve missed you so much.”

I blink at the hug. “Taemin, do you have a personality disorder?” falls out of my mouth and I wish I could take it back because he looks at me confusedly.

“What do you mean?” he lets me go.

I shake my head. “Nothing, nothing.” I go to get a towel to wipe my face when he stops me.

Grazing my cheek with his fingertips, he looks at the slap mark. “Zara, what happened?” he asks, worried. As if he forgot it happened.

“Nothing. I...had an allergic reaction to something,” I lie.

“But you said you’re not allergic to anything?”

“...maybe it’s just a Korean thing I’m allergic to,” I lie.

He nods slowly, processing my lie.

“So where did you go to yesterday?” After you left me?

“I was searching for someone all day but couldn’t find them. So I decided to come back and spend some time with you,” he smiles.

“But weren’t you-” I clamp my hand over my mouth.

“But wasn’t I...what?” he asks, suspicious.

“Here yesterday,” I say, hoping my hand will muffle it.

But unfortunately, he heard me and understands. “No....Was someone here yesterday?”

I shake my head quickly, my hair hitting the sides of my face. “Nope. Just me. Me, myself, and I,” I say quickly.

He nods but continues to watch me. “Well, I’ll be making breakfast. Should be ready soon,” he smiles at me and walks out.

I watch him leave and my eyes widen as something clicks. His hair is brown. “But I thought his hair was black,” I whisper to myself.