Chapter 2 Confusion

Beautiful Stranger

 

I look through the racks of clothing, trying to find something cute to wear. Shopping has become a frequent hobby of mine while Taemin’s gone. He’s been gone for a week now, but he always leaves me behind money. And not just “food money” but like a lot of money. As if he knows he’ll be gone for awhile. I wonder where he goes for so long, but push the thought aside as I pick out a shirt the same time another girl picks it. “Umm, I saw this first.”

“Oh, sorry,” the girl smiles shyly and I feel something familiar about the face. Clad in really cute ensemble-cuter than I’d ever let myself go-and a bright eye smile, with her long wavy brown hair, she reminds me of Taemin in some way.

But I try to push it out of my head. “No, it’s fine. I can get something else,” I say, handing it to her.

She shakes her head, being ever polite. “You were getting it first. I’ll look for something else.”

I laugh. “No, it’s fine. I come here often, I can find something else.”

She laughs-or rather giggles. The comparison is starting to scare me. “Really? Me too.”

Hesitantly, I ask her “How often?”

“Every other day,” she laughs embarrassedly.

I laugh. “Me too! How come I’ve never seen you?”

She shrugs, still giggling.

“How’s about we start shopping together. I need input.”

She nods. “Me too.”

“So what do you usually look for? I never really know what to get, because Korean fashion is just so pretty.”

She gasps cutely. “You’re not Korean? Your Korean is really good. Where are you from?”

“America,” I say, nodding as I smile at her compliment.

Her brown eyes widen in surprise. “Really?”

I nod. “I just came out here to visit a friend, but then decided to move out here.”

“How’s America compared to Korea?” she asks, looking between the racks and myself.

“South Korea’s a bit cuter than America,” I say awkwardly. “I don’t know a better way to explain.”

She giggles again.

“I’m Zara, and you?” I ask, waiting for the answer.

“Oh, I’m Taeminnie,” she smiles.

I blink at her, failing to hide my shock. “...”

“Is everything alright?” she asks, worried.

I shake my head, trying to get out of it. “No, I’m fine. Let’s just keep shopping.”

She nods and keeps going through the racks.

Though I should’ve been shopping, I kept peeking at her. She was skinny like him, her voice sounded like his, she acted like him, she even looked like him! But Taemin never mentioned having a sister...