Chapter 1 Sherlock

Beautiful Stranger

 

Taemin shrugs off his jacket and I watch him from the living room. “Taemin, you’re back,” I say, standing up. He sighs, but then musters up a smile as he takes my seat. “Hey!” I say, trying to push him out of my seat. He laughs as I struggle to push him. “Move~!” I say, almost pushing him out of my seat. He stands up and I fall onto the couch. “Hey!” I say as he sits on me. “Get off~! You’re heavy!” he laughs. “You wanted me out of your seat, so I’m out of your seat,” he smiles sweetly. I sigh. “Get off me, please~?” I turn to look at him, doing the best aegyo I can do in my current position. He pouts, but stands up. “Thank you!” I say, sitting properly in my seat. He laughs and sits next to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I rest my head on his chest and breathe in his scent. “So where have you been?” I ask, smiling up at him.

He exhales. “Places,” and then smiles.

“Such as? I’m curious,” I smile as Jonghyun comes into the room, doing the Sherlock dance.

I’m so curious, yeah~” he dances as he sings proudly.

I laugh and get up to hug him. “Jonghyun! Where have you been?”

He laughs. “You know, everywhere and nowhere.”

I pull away from him and give him a playful glare. Slumping onto the couch, I pout. “Why does no one want to tell me~? I get bored of things, you guys.”

“Aww,” Jonghyun sits next to me. “Poor Zara,” and puts one muscled arm around my shoulder.

I glare at him as Taemin laughs shyly.

It had been happening a lot lately. Taemin would leave for weeks on end and then come back one day out of the blue and just act like nothing happened. It was starting to weird me out, but I tried to push it off of my mind and just enjoy the moments when he was here.

---

I start to fall asleep when I feel something soft touch my cheek. Letting my eyes flutter open, I see Taemin’s back toward me. He slips on a white leather jacket and puts something into his pocket. “I’ll try to get home earlier,” he whispers to himself. “I don’t want her to worry too much about my safety,” he sighs. He walks back towards me and I close my eyes so he doesn’t know I’m awake. He kisses my cheek again and then my hair. “I’ll miss you,” he says, before I hear a metallic like clicking. He taps something and walks out. Opening my eyes slightly, I notice him wave towards me and then he walks out of the front door. Once I hear the front door click shut, I check the time. 5 am. I rub my eyes and then sit up, letting the cool morning air slowly thaw out my sleepy eyes. “Where is he going so early in the morning? And why is he worried about his safety?” I ask myself out loud. Confused.