Electric Heart

Beautiful Stranger

 

Listening to: Electric Heart by SHINee

 

Taemin's POV

I open the door and find Zara on the floor, surrounded by blankets. “Zara?” I slip my jacket off and walk over to her. Kneeling next to her, I notice she’s not actually sleeping. She looks more like she passed out. My heart starts to pound faster as I roll her sleeve up to check her pulse. I slightly calm down once I feel one. Not too faint, but not too fast. I try to wake her up by lightly slapping her cheeks. “Zara, wake up. Zara~,” I keep on tapping her cheeks.

Suddenly, she gasps and then sits up. “Taemin!”

I quickly wrap my arms around her. “Zara, are you ok?”

Slowly, she nods. “Where have you been?”

I think for a second, whether I can honestly tell her. The past few days flashback and a wave of pain goes across my body. I groan softly.

“Are you ok?” she asks, worriedly.

I give her a shaky smile, nodding. “Just places. Are you ok?”

She nods and then stops for a second, as if trying to remember something. “Taemin?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you...” Zara thinks some more. “have a...sister?” she asks, as if she forgot what she originally wanted to ask.

I nod. “Why do you ask?”

“Oh, ok,” she nods, smiling as if content with my answer.

“Why do you ask?”

“I met her while you were gone,” she says, looking a bit dizzy again.

I nod and hold onto her tighter, to steady her. “That’s good. Yeobo, are you ok?”

She blinks dazedly. “I think so. Taemin?”

“Yes?” I turn to look at her, my worry increasing again.

“I’m sleepy. Can I go back to sleep?”

I watch her carefully before I nod. Before I can say anything, she collapses in my arms again. “Zara? Zara?” Laying her back down on the blankets, I notice something different about her. I can’t put a finger on it, but there’s something off. Was someone here? I try to look around the room to see if there are any differences. If I hadn’t looked closely, I wouldn’t have noticed it. But I see a short black strand of hair resting innocently on her shoulder. Pinching it between my fingers, I scowl. “Him.” I walk back to the door and put my jacket back on. “I’ll be back, Zara. Try to keep safe,” I say, before walking out the door.