FINAL CHAPTER: Surprise, Surprise

Beautiful Stranger

“No,” I say, without even having to think about it.

“But..why?” he asks, looking like a fish out of water.

“It’s not because of you. I can’t...it’ll be hard for me to date you after I just killed your brother.”

He nods, sadly. “It’s fine, I understand.”

“It’s not that I don’t like you. It’s just that it would be hard.”

He nods and walks over to hug me. “We’ll just be friends then.”

I nod. “Friends,” a fake smile on my face.

                    +++

I walk in, shaking my head at his corpse and sigh. “If the job’s going to be done, you have to do it yourself,” I search through Taemanry’s pockets and finally find the CD. “I expected more from SHINee,” I shake my head at the CD, but happily put it in the CD case I brought with me. “Faerie?”

I hear heels click lightly on the cement ground. “Yes, Butterfly?” she smiles.

“I have the CD,” I smile as I walk towards her.

Her smile falls when she sees Taemanry’s corpse. “Did she really kill him?”

I shrug. “He was deadweight, anyways.”

“That b-”

“Oh, hush, hush. We have the information. We can torture her later,” I smirk because I’m only half lying.

“Let’s find out what’s on that information before we report to Hyoyeon. That way we can use it against her,” Taeyeon says, looking back at me again.

My smirk widens. “I like how you think, Faerie. I’m making you co-leader.”

She smiles, but not wide enough to make her look desperate. Like Eun Mi. “Thank you,” she proudly runs her fingers through her hair.

“Your first assignment is to demote Eun Mi. She can keep her job as chocolatier, but she’s too close to us.”

She nods in agreement. “Consider it, done.”

                    ---

I log into my computer in my office and put the CD into the CD drive. Waiting for it to load, I remember all the times I spent with Taemin. “For such a cute boy, he was a rather good boyfriend,” I note aloud. With the CD finally loaded, I click on the icon. Instantly, pictures fill the screen. But not the pictures I would think. As I scroll through, a thought forms in my head. “Faerie?”

“Yes, Butterfly?”

“I’m going to need you to follow that Zara girl for awhile. She’s essential to this case.”

“Yes, Butterfly,” and she walks out of my office.

Hmm, that girl is more interesting than I thought.