Goodbye Baby

Beautiful Stranger

Listening to: Goodbye Baby by miss A

 

The 4 of them walk away, leaving me with Taemanry and the other 4 leaders of the Lucifer.

“Can you guys wait outside? I have to talk with Zara,” Taemanry says to the 4.

They nod and walk out.

“I just wanted to thank you for forgiving me. I’m sorry for what I did to you before,” Taemanry says, with apologetic eyes.

I look at him, feeling a bit torn. I feel like I love him, but at the same time, I hate him.

“I also hope you know I got this,” he reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a CD “for you. Now that I have the information, we can spend more time together.”

I observe the CD and notice the “SI”. Instantly it clicks that it stands for “SHINee Information”. I feel like mentally slapping my friends for making the information available on a disc. Not even a folder of papers? *facepalm*

He steps closer to me, so that we’re practically sharing the same air. You know, if he wasn’t a good 3 inches taller than me. “I really do love you, Zara,” and then he leans in to kiss me.

I pull back. “Taemanry, I can’t forgive you.”

He looks at me, hurt.

“Even though we weren’t even dating at that time, you were so abusive. You made me practically hate Taemin, when half of the time it wasn’t even him. I was going crazy. Everytime he’d come back, he magically forgot about all the bruises he had given me the day before. I was starting to resent him for selfish things you did to me. You even poisoned me! That was how we first met! You poisoned me!”

“Zara, I-”

“I’m not done.”

He shuts his mouth.

“I really did like you. At times even more than Taemin. But at least he didn’t lie to me the way you did. You gave me chocolate to forget, you gave me chocolate to suppress my memory and then what? You want me to look past that and just love you? I can’t. I just can’t.Especially not when you almost killed Taemin. You’re own brother! You taking information given to you by Jungmi is worse! You got it so you can spend more time with me? That’s not right! There are other ways! And because of that, I don’t want this relationship anymore. I’m done,” I start to walk off.

“Zara, come back here,” he says, back in his Lucifer state of mind.”I love you, I did this for you, so there is no way you can leave me. You’re mine and mine only,” he grabs my wrist, stopping me midstride.  

“Oh, so I’m your property now, Taemanry?” I glare and turn to face him. “Let go of me.”

“Zara, I’m not letting go of you so easily. And, if I remember properly, aren’t you the one who said you missed the old me? Well here he is, Taemanry in all his possessive manliness.”

“Taemanry, I’m not going to say this again. Let. Go. Of. M-”

He pulls me towards him, pressing his lips to mine.

Ugh, I can practically hear him. “I’m going to kiss you, and you’re going to enjoy it. Because I love you and you’re mine.” *rolls eyes* I struggle to push him away from me because his grip on me is too strong.

He breaks the kiss and grabs my hand. “Now let’s go home.”

I get out of his grasp. “No.”

“Zara, I don’t want to hurt you, but if I have to, I will.”

I slap him. “I’m my own person. I don’t need you doing things for me.”

He aims to punch me, but I dodge. “Don’t be so dumb. Of course you need me.”

I aim to kick him in the gut, but he grabs my foot. Like last time. “I really don’t.”

“Wouldn’t you be so lonely without me alone?” he throws my foot down.

I stumble to keep my balance. “No, not really.”

“Not really?” he catches my mistake.

“Like I said, I don’t need you,” I say, trying to walk away again.

He walks over to me, his arm around me once again. “Then why didn’t you leave before you fell in love with me?”

I elbow him in the stomach. “If you don’t remember, take one of your chocolates, because I tried.”

“Oh, you ‘tried’. Or is it that you stayed just for Taemin? Because you need him?”

I stay silent and try once AGAIN to walk away.

“And now you need me,” he smiles, grabbing my wrist once again.

I reach over and punch him in the jaw as hard as I can.

He smirks, wiping the blood away, and lunges towards me.

I try to dodge, but he grabs me and throws me against one of the many cement walls. I feel pain run across my back and struggle not to scream. I pick myself off to the ground and limp towards him, ignoring the pain going through my body. “So maybe I need him. What does that say about me, your highness?” I roll my eyes.

“It means you’re too dumb to put things together yourself,” he smirks, proudly.

I lunge towards him again, but he grabs my fist.

“You want me to say I never loved you, don’t you? That I was only using you, the way Jungmi was using your dear Taemin?”

“That’s not what I said, nor is that what I meant,” I say, kneeing him.

He just smiles wider. “So you’re happy that I love you?”

I sigh, pushing him off me. “I DO LOVE YOU. I JUST HATE YOU.”

He laughs, shaking his head. “Zara, Zara, Zara. You’re dumber than I thought. You admitting that shows how much of a girl you are. Even though you try to tell yourself you’re not. You need me, Zara. You need me to survive.”

He starts to say something else, but I cut him off, swinging my leg in a roundhouse kick, square in his jaw.

He stumbles to the floor and grasps his jaw. “You think you’re strong and independent. But you’re really not. You need me.”

I kick him again, this time in the chest. “Shut up.”

“Fine, you don’t need me. But let me tell you this, I’m surprised at your actions, Zara. You’re such a good girl, yet here you are. Ready to kill.”

I kick him again in the face, still trying to silence him.

He laughs in between coughing up blood. “You’re still proving my point,” he smirks, as if he’s still strong. Still on top.

I reach into my back pocket and get his gun. “Don’t you remember, Taemanry? The day you asked me if I had any dreams about you? And I lied and said I couldn’t remember them? I did, but I didn’t want to tell you, because you’d worry or force me to eat some more chocolate.”

He tries to stop coughing and keeps smirking. “What was it about, dear?”

He’s enjoying this too much. I walk around him and continue to point the gun at him. “I killed you.”

“Ah, really,” he laughs to himself.

“Here. Dressed like this,” I keep walking around him.

He nods, sarcastically. “That’s good to hear.”

“If I told you earlier, what would you have done?”

“Precisely what you said, I would give you some chocolate.”

I nod. “I just want you to know I’m changing something.”

He takes a breath. “And what is that?”

I sit in front of him. “So maybe I do need you. Maybe I like having someone around? But I would’ve prefer you let me like you myself. Not you poisoning me out of your selfish desires. Because then I don’t actually like you. The real me doesn’t,” I shake my head. “You’re just like your name. Lucifer. A pretty face, but an evil heart. You don’t really care about anyone, do you?”

He reaches up and my face. “If there’s one person I know I care about, it’s you.”

I sigh, annoyed he just ignored the whole of what I just said. “Nevermind then. Back on schedule,” I stand back up and train my gun on him.

He smiles. “I’m actually pretty fine with you killing me. Go ahead.”

I sigh and do exactly what all the good gunslingers tell you not to: I close my eyes. Because I can’t bear look him in the eyes as I shoot him. 5 times.

I hear his body go limp and throw the gun at him, stepping over his body. “Bye, Taemanry. I’ll miss you.”