It's Time to Go

Beautiful Stranger

Listening to: Time to Go by U-KISS

 

Taemanry starts to get ready for a long day ahead of him. Grabbing one of his many black shirts, he pulls it over his torso and reaches for his jacket. His suit jacket.

“Wow, you look fancy,” I say, smiling up at him as he continues to button it. “Where are you going?”

“We have an event to go to this evening,” he says, grinning.

“Can I home?” I ask, cutely, hoping that it will help in some way.

He sighs, shaking his head. “It’s too dangerous.”

I sigh, pouting slightly. “Fine.”

“Aww, don’t be sad,” he says, kissing my lips. “I’ll take you out tomorrow, ok?”

I continue to pout but nod. “Fine, but I want a hug before you go,” I say, stretching my arms out to him.

He smiles and walks towards me, enveloping me in a hug.

I reach into his back pocket for the familiar metallic object and upon feeling it, smile as I grasp it. Quickly, I clip it into my waistband before he notices.

“I love you,” he whispers.

“Love you too,” I wave at him as he walks out that door. I got the gun. >D

+++

“I’m just calling to tell you this isn’t working. I think we should break up,” Jungmi says in a detached voice through my phone.

I open my mouth to speak, but am interrupted by the blaring dialtone. I throw my phone angrily. “We were only together for a month.”

“She’s just using you.” “Taemin, she can’t possibly love you.” The words ring in my head, darkening my heart.

Pushing the thoughts out of my head, I walk into Onew’s office. “Onew, I have something to announce.”

He looks up, a slight smile on his face. “Of course, Taemin. What is i-”

“I resign from my position in SHINee.”

+++

“I got the info,” Jungmi says, proudly through my earpiece. “I know exactly where it is now.”

I smile, glad to finally have it in my possession. “Who found it?” I ask, straightening the lapels on my coat.

“I did,” she says, icily.

I stop for a second. “How?”

“Oh, you know a girl has a few tricks up her sleeve,” she laughs, haughtily.

I clench my jaw. “It was Taemin, wasn’t it?”

She sighs, most likely rolling her eyes. “Aish, how did you know?”

I swallow back my anger. “Just a guess,” I say, before ending the call. How could he give it to her so easily? At least Zara has some common sense. I sigh, shaking my head to clear it of thoughts of my newfound brother. I check my pockets to make sure I have everything on me. Everything is in place except for my gun. I check my back pocket again and find a folded piece of paper in its place.

“02-768”

My eyes widen in curiosity. “02-768?” I repeat. Is that a room number? I put the paper back into my pocket and start to retrace my steps to see if I can find my gun. On the way to retracing my steps, I find a door with “02-768” written on it. I forcefully open the door and silently close it behind me. I’m now in an office like room, a dimly lit desk in the center of the room. I scope the room to see if there’s anything sketchy about it, but find everything to be in place. Until I look back at the door and see a large manila envelope underneath the door. I go over to pick it up and realize there’s something in it. I sit at the desk and when I open it, I see it has “02-768 SI” written on it. A slight smirk appears on my face Looks like I’ll be Hyoyeon’s equal then. and start to get up. I glance down and notice there’s a stamp on the right hand corner of the envelope.

“Time to Go”

I nod and quickly grab the CD before I walk out of the door. A bellhop walks by with 2 coat bags and between them is my jacket. I quickly grab it and continue down the dark hallway.

+++

I doublecheck the gun to make sure it’s loaded and practice holding it for awhile. “Good, good, it’s coming together nicely,” I note, slipping the gun into my back pocket. I grab my coat and wallet and head out to meet Taeminnie at the mall.

“Zara!” Taeminnie runs towards me and wraps me in a hug. “How have you been?”

“Good,” I smile. “How about you?”

“I’m fine. I was just worried about you.”

“Why?” I ask, confused as I peruse the racks.

“You’ve been acting weird lately.”

“Taeminnie?”

She looks up from the racks she was going through. “Yes~?”

“Something bad’s going to happen today. And I don’t want you to be upset about it, Taeminnie.” I drop something on the ground and stoop down to get it.

Her eyes widen as she notices the gun gleaming. “Zara! Don’t kill yourself over him!” she says, wrapping her arms around me.

“I’m not killing myself!”

“Then why are you warning me that something bad’s going to happen?” she asks, confused as she tries to understand it.

I shake my head and smile. “Aren’t these really slimming?”

She looks at the leather pants I’m holding and nods, smiling. “Grab me one?”

---

I look at my outfit, proud of myself. In a black v-neck, I layer a vest over my hoodie and tuck the shirt into my black pants which are tucked into some cutout boots. Topping it off with the black leather jacket and some fingerless gloves, I’m ready for the evening ahead of me.

I walk through the SHINee headquarters and check my watch. 10:30, they should’ve gotten my message by now. Where are they? 4 guys walk out and I smile. Oh good, they’re-

“It’s Zara!” Minho runs towards me, a fierce look on his face.

The 2 at his sides run towards me as well and once reaching me, restrain my arms.

“Hey, what are you doing?” I ask, confused. Why were my friends holding me like this?

“Zara, we know you’re part of the Lucifer,” Jonghyun says, holding me tightly.

“What are you talking about? No I’m not,” I say, trying to get out of their grasp.

“Then why are you in black?” Minho asks, holding me as tightly as Jonghyun.

“Because-” I start, before Key cuts me off.

“We know you’re dating Taemanry, Zara. There’s no other explanation,” Key says, looking disappointedly at me. “I expected better of you. I thought we were friends.”

“We are! You guys, I can explain!” I start when I hear footsteps.

Taemanry enters, 4 guys at his sides. They’re all wearing dark colors, black and gray mostly. “What is this?” he asks, looking at SHINee.

“Shouldn’t I be asking that?” Onew asks, stepping in front of me as I continue to struggle out of Jonghyun and Minho’s grasp.

Taemanry scoffs and steps to Onew. “Where’s Taemin? He ran off because his girlfriend left him?”

“Jungmi broke up with him?” Jonghyun asks Minho and Key, surprised.

“Did you know?” Minho asks me, I shake my head.

“He’s doing...other things,” Onew responds, his voice hesitant.

“Anyway, I wanted to tell you, I have your information,” Taemanry smirks as their faces show surprise. “So there’s no point of trying to intimidate me and my gang. Now I’ll finally find out why you guys are so...interesting.”

“How did you find it?” Key asks, standing next to Onew now.

“That’s none your of business,” Taemanry eyes Key dismissively. “Now, if I could just take what’s mine, I’ll be going now,” he walks over to me. “Let her go,” he glares at Minho and Jonghyun.

They sigh and reluctantly let me go.

Taemanry slips his arm around my waist. “I’ll be going then. I don’t expect to see you few around any longer,” and starts to walk with me.

“Taemanry, what are you talking about you found the information?” I ask, walking with him.

“I found the information. Now you don’t have to worry about ‘SHINee’ and Taemin anymore,” he smiles.

“This isn’t the end of SHINee, Taemanry. I hope you know that,” Onew says, before walking with the other 3.

Taemanry scoffs. “I’ll believe it when I’m dead.”