History

Beautiful Stranger

 

Listening to: History by EXO-K

 

I wake up and feel as if woken up from a year long slumber. “Taemin?” I have the vaguest feeling like Taemin was just here. I don’t have any clue why. Stretching, I yawn and stand up. I feel blankets around my feet and back away from them. Since when were there blankets around me? How did I wind up on the floor? As I try to remember what happened, my head feels as if it’s about to implode and I close my eyes as I sit down on the couch. “What the heck happened to me?” As I keep my eyes closed, all I can see is chocolate. I don’t remember having any chocolate lately, what is this? Before I can think more about it, my phone rings. “Yeobseyo?” I ask, putting it to my ear.

“Zara-ssi!” Taeminnie says, and I hear her smiling.

“Hey Taeminnie,” I say, tiredly.

“Are you ok? You don’t sound so good.”

I nod, forgetting she can’t see me. “Yeah. Just a slight headache.” Slight is an understatement. Getting slapped by Key would’ve felt better than this.

“Should I come over?”

“I mean, you can if you want to,” I shrug. “But I’m-”

The doorbell rings.

I sigh and open my eyes, walking over to the door. “Taeminnie, you didn’t have to-” I say as I open the door, seeing my friend smiling at me.

She laughs. “Yes I did,” she says, closing her phone and putting it into her phone.

“How are you here so fast? Have you been waiting for me to need medical assistance or something?” I ask, as I close the door behind her slim frame.

She giggles. “I was coming over already. I wanted to surprise you.”

I smile, but it doesn’t look as happy as I wanted to as I hold my head. “Ah.”

“Zara, are you ok?” she asks, brushing her hands on the back of her skirt. Never have I seen Taeminnie in jeans. Not gonna lie, that kinda freaked me out. But she was my first girl friend from here, so I didn’t let it get in the way of being friends with her.

“Like I said. Just a slight headache. No need to worry.”

She looks at me skeptically, but nods, letting it go. Smiling, she says “So what shall we do today? Shop?” and giggles.

“Umm...Taeminnie?”

“Wha~?”

“So, about your brother...what does he do for a living?”

“My brother? He...” her face pales. “I can’t tell you. Sorry,” she says, apologetically.

I nod. “Didn’t you say there was a movie you wanted to check out?”

Her face brightens again at my topic change. “Yeah. Should we go see it?”

I nod. “Just give me a second to change.”