나도 미안 해요.

Fate is Present

 네가 자주 가는 거리에 앉아
nega jaju ganeun georie anja
I sit on the street you frequently travel

널 기다리고 있어 내 사랑을 알아?
neol gidarigo isseo nae sarangeul ara?
I’m waiting for you, don’t you know my love?

 

Jaejoong stood at a cross roads.

He wanted to see Tess so badly he could taste it, but he couldn’t just pop up and expect there to be no repercussions.

She was living with Super Junior for one. For another they were filming for that ‘living with Idols’ show so he probably couldn’t get within ten feet of her before getting caught and ousted to the media.

Then where would they be? He already had so much going on with the tour and everything, any bad press now would blow everything JYJ had been working so hard for to hell and back.

So he in a deep breath through his teeth and turned away from the gates of The Sharp Star city apartment complex, diving back into the waiting Bentley and driving away.

Just then the leader of Super Junior was walking towards the building after jogging down to the convenience store down the block before he went in after coming back from his schedule.


He saw a man, dressed sharply in a black suit and wearing dark glasses standing at the gates of the apartment building. He seemed strangely familiar but before he reached a point close enough to see if he knew the man, he’d dove back into a waiting car and drove away.

 Leeteuk stared at the departing car for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders as he looked back down at the bag in his hands, shaking the contents. ‘I hope Tess-ssi likes this.’ He thought with a smile, his dimple appearing for a moment before he entered the building.

 

_______________________________________Suju_______________________________________

 

Tess was rushing around the apartment like a crazy person when Leeteuk came in.

His eyes went wide as he watched her. She was red in the face and her hair was mussed. She kept walking back and forth whispering under her breath while wringing her hands.

“Tess-ssi, waegeulae?”

She paused and looked up at him with glistening eyes. She was shocked he was there, he could see that. He could also plainly see the pain deep within her gaze, even as she forced a smile that could have fooled anyone else.

“Oh Jung su-ssi, your back early. How was your day?” She asked as she walked back into the kitchen turning so her back was facing him.

He was floored. Why was she acting this way? And what happened to make her so upset? Did one of the members…

“Tess-ah, what is wrong? Don’t tell me it’s nothing, I can clearly see there is something wrong.”

He said in his most authoritative tone, the one he usually only used on the others during practice.

She stopped moving and looked down at the floor. Her shoulders slumped and she said it so quietly he almost thought it was just in his own mind, the words he heard.

“Heechul-ssi… jeo saram-en sang dae hagi jeong-mal himdeul da.”

“Did… did he do something to you Tess-ssi?” Leeteuk asked hesitantly, setting the bag down on the counter, he watched her attentively. She shook her head and curled into her-self, hugging her arms around her body.

He was relieved that the dramatic Cinderella didn’t physically do anything to her, but she was still upset because of him.

“What is it Tess-ssi? Can’t you tell me?” He took her in his arms to comfort her and she shook like a leaf.

“My daughter, I told you about her a while ago…”

He nodded and her back so she would go on. Her whole body let out a sigh as she began to cry into his white knit sweater.

“She was so much like Heechul-ssi. He reminds me of her all the time. It’s so hard, to see him and see the comparisons. I just can’t handle it sometimes. I’m sorry Jung su-ssi, I don’t mean to be so emotional, but it’s hard to hold it in all the time.”

Leeteuk was shocked at her answer. She was always so strong, holding all this in for so long now. How horrible it must feel, to know you will never see your child that you love so much again, while having such a reminder in your face every day. And she had been pushed to spend more time with Heechul than any of the others because of their chemistry on camera. He would have to speak to the producer of the show. There was no way he could ignore this.

“Tess-ah…”

She pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. Thankfully she didn’t see pity in his gaze, only concern.

“I am going to talk to the producers and tell them to keep you two separated as much as possible okay?”

“Jung su-ssi… You don’t have to do that. It would seem really strange and I don’t want everyone to know about this. Besides it would hurt Heechul too. You know how sensitive he can be.” She said with a frown.

Leeteuk smiled at her and pushed the hair from her eyes, pushing it behind her ear. She was still so concerned for others even when she was hurting so.

“Don’t worry too much Tess-ah, I won’t tell the producers everything and Heechul… well, we will distract him somehow.”

She smiled up at him and he felt his heart drop. Her wet eyes and trembling lips, making his breath hitch. He stepped back and smiled shakily.

 “Why don’t you go and straighten up while I put these away?” He said grabbing the bag once again. She nodded, leaving the room.

Only then did Jung Su’s breath left him in a rush as he slumped against the counter for support. He placed his hand over his chest and breathed deeply.

That was a little too much affection Park Jung su’ he said to himself while shaking his head. He put everything away and strode out into the living room nearly bumping into Tess on her way back into the kitchen.

She smiled up at him again, the redness gone from her eyes. “Thank you Jung su-ssi. I didn’t realize how much I’ve been holding in until now. You really are a great guy, no wonder you are the leader.”

He smiled and patted her head. “Of course, anytime you need to vent I hope you come find me.”

She grinned and hugged him suddenly. He stood so still he thought he’d shatter. Then, slowly, he embraced her, laying his cheek against the top of her head with a sigh.

He could definitely get used to this.

Tess found her-self snuggling into his chest, the warmth flowing from him enveloping her frazzled nerves and making her feel protected and safe. Something she hadn’t felt for so long.

Just then a flash of Jaejoong filled her thoughts and she jerked back quickly from Leeteuk. He looked at her with a strange expression in his eyes and she blushed.

“I’ll go cook now, thank you again, Jun su-ssi.” She bowed and ran off to the kitchen cursing herself for her stupidity. ‘Why in the hell did I just bow anyway?’

Leeteuk smiled after she had gone and rubbed his cheek. Her hair had been so soft on his face. The smile dropped from his face just as quick as it had appeared.

He couldn’t do this! He had to be the responsible one; he would not fall for their dongeoin. No matter how cute she was, or how soft her hair was, or how good she smelled… He shook himself again and stalked off to his room.

He needed to find something to do until the guys came back. He couldn’t trust himself right now to be alone in the same space with her. He might find a way to ruin their relationship before it had even started.

 

_______________________________________Suju_______________________________________
  

 

 At around dusk the rest of Super Junior arrived home, upbeat and talking loudly as they teased the other two members that had been absent while Super Junior M’s activities had been on hold.

“Yah, remember that time in Singapore when Henry ate that meat he thought was chicken?” Heechul’s voice was prominent among the group.

He was rather loud, even he had admitted it a time or two. He had his arm around the Maknae and pointed at the others while laughing. Henry groaned and struggled to remove his shoes with the man’s arm heavy over his shoulder.

“Do you have to bring that up again Hyeong? Oh Tess!” He spotted her standing in the entranceway with her lips pursed.

“Did you guys drink?”  She asked crossly.

That tone brought everyone up short as they looked at her.

“Yah are you mad right now?” Heechul asked her with a giggle. Her eyes focused on the flamboyant man before her. Eunhyuk shifted his eyes away from her gaze. It was scary and it wasn’t even pointed at him.

“Do you know what time it is now? And what are you doing taking Henry out to drink; he’s way too young for your bad influence Heechul-ssi.” She scolded.

Heechul straightened up and glared at her. The others slid passed her into the apartment, they didn’t want to be in the middle of those two when they fought.

“Hey what’s up with Tess-ah? She looks like she’s got it in for Heenim today.” Sungmin asked Leeteuk as they watched from the living room. Leeteuk shrugged off the aegyeo kings question and sighed. He knew this was coming after her upset earlier. Heechul had stepped in it again.

He just stood there with his arms crossed watching it unfold.

“My bad influence… and who are you to tell me when to come in, are you my wife?”

Tess scoffed at him and crossed her arms. “As if I would ever marry someone like you.”

Heechuls’ eyes widened and he took a step closer to her. She wrinkled her nose in offence to the smell of alcohol coming from him. It pissed him off even more because she looked so cute doing it.

“Mwo? Dangsin-eun naega nugunji molla? Nan Heechul iya, Kim Heechul!” He shouted at her flinging his arm to encompass his whole form.

Tess just rolled her eyes. “…And?”

That set Heechul off. He rushed her, grabbing her arms and spinning her around until her back slammed up against the door behind them. She was shocked into silence as he smirked into her face.

“Wae? Didn’t think I would go after you because you’re a girl? Sorry but I’m an equal opportunist.” He said snidely at her wide eyed expression.

Jung su sprang into action and grabbed at Heechul’s arms trying to pry the, surprisingly, strong man away from their female roommate before something happened that would ruin their reputation and the show they were filming.

“What is your problem Tess, not getting any since you’ve been in Korea? You want me to fix that?”

“You better take your hands off me right now Kim Heechul!” she screeched at him. The others had crowded into the entranceway trying to pull the man away from her. He kept slipping from their grip to lean into her even harder.

“What are you gonna’ do about it Tess, huh? You gonna’ hit me, the face of Super Junior? The fans would take you apart in a heartbeat!”

“Heechul-ah, don’t do this!” Leeteuk shouted still grabbing for him.

“Think about it Hyeong, you’ll be pissed at yourself in the morning!” Sungmin called over the others heads as he struggled to get closer.

“Oh no, I definitely want to do this, and I won’t regret it.” He said before swooping in to lock his lips on hers. She gasped and jerked her head back to slam into the door.

“What are you…?”

Heechuls’ mouth was on hers before she could protest as he kissed her with all he had.

Tess stopped struggling and just stood there unable to comprehend what was happening. The others were shocked into non action when they realized what he was doing. Then Leeteuk unfroze and growled, pulling Heechul back and tossing him into the others. Arms instinctively came up to cradle the tipsy man and they held him tight.

“Take him to his room and lock the door.” Leeteuk said with a grimace as he turned back to see Tess sliding down the door to the tiled floor.

He stooped down and placed a hand on her shoulder, the other forearm was resting on his bent knee. She was dazed, sitting there with the fingertips of her right hand covering her lips, her left hand cradled between her knees.

“Neo, gwaenchanhni?” He asked shaking her a bit.

She looked up at Jung su and asked “What just happened?”

Leeteuk sighed and he placed his other hand on his thigh as he prepared to stand.
  “Heechul-ah was just a little drunk Tess-ssi  please don’t take it too personal okay?”

She nodded and stood with his help. She shook herself out of it and walked dazed to the bathroom to wash her face before going to her own room and locking the door.

Leeteuk just shook his head at the spectacle. Henry came over and shared a look with the leader.

“So she probably won’t want to go out now huh?” He asked as they stared at her closed door. Leeteuk let out a breath through his nose. “Probably not.” He said pinching the bridge of his nose.

Well it seemed that the surprises where not over for the night, as they found out right then.

Tess’s door slammed open and she strode out grabbing the Maknae as she went.

“Come on Henry, we have some catching up to do!” She said through her teeth.

The Maknae shot Leeteuk a startled glance and a grin as they vacated the apartment like a spring zephyr.

“Where did Tess go?”  Donghae asked as he walked over to their leader, who presently had a perplexed look on his face.

“I have no idea.” He said wandering off to the couch, leaving the other man staring after him with a bemused smirk playing about his lips. Tess sure did stir up a lot of curious   occurrences.

 

Life was definitely getting more interesting.

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________

At the top there, I'm not saying Jaejoong is being stalkerish or anything, I just happen to totaly love that song so I wanted to use some lines from it. I haven't worked on this story in a while and I deeply apologize for that. My Father just passed away and I haven't felt like writing at all. Today I just woke up, took a shower and thought, hey I've got an idea for my story! So here I am. I hope you all like it and please leave some feed back and spread the story to your friends!

Thank you!

Song: 미친거니  by 송지은  from 시크릿 feat. 방용국 
Are you crazy by Song Ji Eun from Secret feat. Bang Young Guk

   

Translations 

Romanization:   Waegeulae?       

Hangul:                 왜그래?        

English:            What’s the matter?

 

R: Heechul-ssi… jeo saram-en sang dae hagi jeong-mal himdeul da.
H: 희철씨... 저사람은상대하기정말힘들다.
E: Heechul… It’s really difficult to keep company with that person.

R: dongeoin
H: 동거인
E: Housemate

R: Mwo? Dangsin-eun naega nugunji molla? Nan Heechul iya, Kim Heechul!
H:뭐? 당신은내가누군지몰라? 나는 희철이야, 김희철!
E: What? Do you know who I am? I’m Heechul, Kim Heechul!

R: Neo, gwaenchanhni?
H:너괜찮니?
E: Hey, are you okay?