Nobody but you...

Fate is Present

If men could do it so could she.

 

Tess drew up short and sent a glare back at the apartment building behind them as she thought about the guys coming home drunk and apparently losing their minds.

“Uh Tess, are you okay?”

Tess looked back over at Henry, whose hand she still held in a tight grip. She hadn’t even realized she’d been dragging him along behind her. Immediately she dropped his hand.

“Sorry” she mumbled with a blush.

Henry just smiled and scratched his head. “It’s okay! Let’s go Tess; I want to hear all about how you got here and why.”

Tess just smiled back, thanking whoever ran this world of puppets for putting Henry in her path. She linked her arm through his and they took off down the street, her ponytail swaying wildly behind her.

They wound up at a noraebang and Tess took the opportunity to scream out her frustrations about Kim Heechul into song, or something that slightly resembled it at least. She didn’t know if poor Henry’s ears would ever be the same after the first two. That thought, and a few shots of soju, made that seem hilarious and Tess began to laugh full out barely breathing in the end so that her partner in crime had to pat her on the back to make her stop. She wiped away the tears and sat up waving Henry away. He shot her a wary glance but she seemed to settle down after that.

“I’m sorry Henry. I just haven’t been myself lately. There has been so much tension between me and Heechul lately and today he just set me off, I’m sorry if I scared you.” She said finally turning to him.

He just shook his head. “It’s okay Tess, I get it, but… why would there be so much tension between you two?”

Tess sighed and leaned forward on her knees with her forearms. Her lips pulled to the side in a smirk- like smile and she scoffed at herself. “I don’t know really. He’s been teasing me relentlessly and reminding me of Sara all the time on top of it.”

Henry’s eyes widened. “Sara?”

Tess looked back at the young man and nodded. “I haven’t told you yet have I?”

Henry shook his head, that innocent, wide eyed expression playing havoc with Tessa’s mothering instinct. She sat up and ruffled his hair playfully. “Aish, …Nuna!”

Tess grinned at his slip into Korean and turned to look at the brightly dancing light show on the wall.

“I will tell you something that I had kept hidden for so many years, but you have to promise me that you won’t pity me okay?”

Henry nodded and Tess re-told her story all over again, this time though she told him about Jaejoong, and afterwards swore him to secrecy on the pain of getting his violin smashed to bits.

‘Tess really knew how to go for a guys’ weakness.’ He thought more than a few times after they had left the karaoke bar and headed for the dorm. But apparently Tess hadn’t worked off all the negativity and she drifted into a pojangmacha down the street from the apartment complex along the opening of a backstreet.  

“Tessa we really shouldn’t…” Henry hissed at her, but it did no good for she had already sat down and ordered a bottle of Soju, pouring two glasses. Henry sighed and ducked his head so the hoddie would flip up and cover his face as he went over to her grumbling with his hands in his pockets.

Once he sat down he ordered a side dish so she wouldn’t just be consuming alcohol and watched her down two shots in tandem.

“Tessa don’t drink so fast!” He whisper yelled at her. Even if they were speaking English it could still be overheard. A lot of Koreans were learning it these days.  He glanced around and noted thankfully that there was only a young couple and a lone man there with them, but that didn’t stop his worry one bit. They were after all idols, on television weekly and he was in Super Junior for gods sakes!

“Tess, let’s go yeah? You don’t want this stuff its nasty. Let’s just go back and sleep it off, huh?”

Well… He tried. Tess was already slurring a bit when she told him to shut up rather loudly. Henry ducked his head and closed his eyes as if in pain. Glancing up quickly he saw the couple look over but they were uninterested in, what seemed to be, an American couple drinking. He breathed a sigh of relief but he didn’t know how long their luck would hold out.

“Tess, I’m going to go get you a sober up drink, stay here and don’t… do anything to draw attention to yourself.” He said pulling his cap off and settling it low over her eyes before dodging out of the tent stall. He hurriedly crossed to the pharmacy and pulled out his phone to call the dorm.

On the third ring it was picked up. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Hyeong Tess-ah…”

“Mwo? Tess-ssi? What is it Henry?”

“She’s at the pojangmacha down from the dorm, I can’t get her to quit drinking and she won’t leave.”

“Allright, don’t worry. Just keep her calm until I get there.”

“Araso Hyeong, kkeunh-eo.” He canceled the call and ducked back in to the tent in time to see Tessa’s’ head hit the table as it fell off her out-slung arm. He shook his head and sighed once more as he walked over to see if she was okay. Then he noticed the empty Soju bottle lying on its side, hidden by her arm. He eyed the other bottle that was at least a quarter low and just slid onto the stool with his arms hanging to his side. She was dead drunk.

Henry growled low and reached up for the empty glass, pouring himself a shot and downing it with a firm clack as he sat it back on the table’s surface.

A few minutes later a tall man with a large hoddie and sunglasses ducked into the stall and rushed over to them.

“Hyeong…” Henry’s voice was soft in order to not call attention to them, especially now with Siwon there.

The man waved it off and hefted Tess to her feet, ducking down in front of her to let her fall onto his broad back. He stood and adjusted her weight and turned to Henry.

“Did you pay the ajumma?” He asked in a hushed voice. Henry nodded and they left the tent carefully maneuvering around to the back of the apartment building. Siwon met the guards glance and nodded to him as he let them in. Henry looked back to see that the man had disappeared. Evidently this was a regular occurrence with Super Junior. Henry just shook his head and followed his Hyeong to the elevators.

“Does this happen a lot?” Henry asked when they were safely inside.

Siwon looked at him through the corner of his eye and Henry shut up and looked down. He heard the other man sigh.

“No, it’s just something that the guards around here know to do when we call them. So no scandals get out about us, you know. This will happen when a member breaks up with a girlfriend or we go to a party, or to relieve tensions when we don’t have girlfriends.”

Henry heard the amusement in Siwons’ voice and snapped his head up to see the older man smiling down at him. “Did you think we were lushes, dongsaeng?”

Henry backed up a bit and waved both hands in front of him, shaking his head with his eyes wide he said “A…Aniyo Hyeong, I was just…”

Siwon laughed at the blush that crept onto the youngest members face.

“Hyeong!”

At the affronted look on Henry’s face Siwon couldn’t keep it in and he laughed loudly. In the small space it must have sounded like a gunshot to the drunken woman on his back and it died as soon as she moaned in distress. Siwon looked over his shoulder as best he could and snorted. “Oh so now you regret it? Just because of Heechul Hyeong you go out and drink yourself silly.” He muttered that last part but a firm pinch on his rear made him aware that she had heard him.

“Ya, Tessa-ssi! What the hell?”

A sicker came from within his shirt. “I thought Shisus didn’t cuss…”

“Mwo yo?” Siwon snorted in shock.

Henry was now the one trying to control his laughter. “It ah… seems Tessa is a playful drunk Hyeong. You might want to be careful.”  Henry laughed into his sleeve as the elevator made it to the eleventh floor.

Siwon marched over to the members dorm room in a huff and rang the bell.

“Nuguseyo?” A muffled voice called out from within even as the door was opened slowly.

A wide eyed and blinking Eunhyuk was revealed as Henry came up behind Siwon with a wide smile on his face.

“Oh Siwonie, what’s up?”

“Hyeong can Tess-ah sleep here tonight?”

Eunhyuk’s brow went up but he stood aside for the group to enter. As they walked past the dance machines nose wrinkled at the smell.

“Yah, did Tess drink?” He asked as the door swung shut behind them. He followed them all into the main room and hovered while Siwon sat Tessa’s prone body down on the couch. He straightened and bent this way and that to work the kinks out he acquired while carrying her.

Henry came up and put a hand on Eunhyuk’s shoulder. When the other man made eye contact he just nodded and walked off to the kitchen for a glass of water.

“Why would Tess-ssi drink?”

“That is the same reason she can’t go up to her room.” Henry called back over his shoulder.

“She and Heechul Hyeong had a fight.” Siwon explained rubbing the back of his head.

“What kind of fight?” Eunhyuk asked in a hushed voice, taking a step closer to the taller man.

“Heechul Hyeong kissed her.” Henry said as he passed them to sit on the end of the sofa near Tess’s feet.

“What?” Eunhyuk nearly shouted.

“Really let her have it. It took nearly all of us to pull him away.” Henry took a drink and flipped on the television as if nothing was wrong.

Eunhyuk turned back to Siwon with an incredulous look on his face. “Is that what happened?”

When the other man nodded reluctantly Eunhyuk let out a curse and stormed out of the dorm room, heading for the elevator. When Siwon started to go after him he felt a restraining hand on his bicep.

Siwon turned to look at Yesung, who still had his eyes on the door.

“Leave it alone Siwon. Sungmin was down there when it happened. This was coming anyway.” He let go of the younger man and looked down at Tess with a sigh.
“Let’s get her into Hyukie’s room for now. I’m sure he won’t mind this once.”

 

 

______________________________________SuJu___________________________________________

 

A loud pounding came from the door that alerted everyone in the twelfth floor apartment that something was up. Then as suddenly as it had started it stopped and the passcode was punched into the key pad. The du du-dup of the door unlocking had the members looking at each other with puzzled expressions until Lee Hyuk Jae slammed into the room.

Sungmin saw the intent in the younger man’s eyes and rushed him, grabbing him under both arms to stop him from bursting into Heechuls room. Leeteuk saw what he was doing and ran up to help.

“Let me go! He’s gone too far this time, Hyeong!” Eunhyuk wouldn’t stop pushing against the leader and pulling away from the agyeo king.

 

“This isn’t the way you need to handle this Hyukie, just stop for a minute and think!” Leeteuk shouted into the younger man’s face.

 

“I don’t care! Just let me go this one time, huh? Just let me go!”

 

Just then the door he was trying so hard to get to was thrown open and his target appeared sending him into another fit.  

“Yah! what the hell Hyuk Jae, why are you making so much noise?” Heechul sneered at him and he nearly roared at the man.

 

“You bastard! What the hell did you do to Tess, huh?”

 

Heechul scoffed. “Wae? Did she come crying to you? Figures.” He folded his arms across his chest while rolling his eyes.

“She went out and got drunk you ! She’s down in our room right now passed out cold because of what you did to her!”

Heechuls arms dropped to his sides and the expression on his face fell to one of concern. “What, is she okay?” He moved as if to go to her and Eunhyuk tore away from his captors in their shock and grabbed his Hyeong by the collar.

“Don’t even think about being nice now saekki!”

“Eunhyuk!” Sungmin yelled as Leeteuk called out “Hyuk Jae!” at the same time.

Eunhyuk shook his head. “I’m not going to let you get away with it this time Hyeong. What the hell where you thinking kissing her like that?” He shook the older man and Heechuls gaze went fuzzy.

“I didn’t mean to.” He said in a quiet breath.

Those words made Eunhyuk loosen his hold a little as he looked at the man in his grasp with wide eyes.

“Neh?” 

“I didn’t mean to kiss her Hyukie, I just…” Heechul shook his head and sighed. Then he looked down at the man’s hands and back up to his face.  “Are you not going to let go?”

Eunhyuk blinked “Ah” he let go of his Hyeong and patted out the wrinkles his hands had caused.

Heechul continued out of the dorm as if he had never been stopped and left everyone feeling a bit dazed at the unexpected reaction of their resident diva Cinderella.

 

Heechul made it downstairs and through the dorms door before he ever had a second thought.

He stopped short when he saw Siwon silently closing the door to Eunhyuk’s room and Yesung standing just outside it with his arms crossed.

Siwon was the one that noticed him first. “Hyeong, what are you doing here?” His eyes were wide as ever in surprise.

“Is she okay?” He asked in a rough tone, forcing the words from his mouth instead of just barging into the room himself.

The tension ran out of Siwons form as he met His Hyeong’s gaze. “She’ll be fine, just a bad headache tomorrow. You know how it is.”

Yesung snorted and walked away to give them some space.
Heechul eyed the vocalist until he turned around the corner into the kitchen.

He took a step closer to the door. “Is she passed out?”

Siwon nodded and followed Yesung’s example.

Heechul slowly opened the door and peeked in. Tess was lying on the bed, neatly tucked in, with a trash-bin beside the bed just in case. He knew that was all Siwons doing and he smiled a bit, pushing into the room and walking over to her.

He stared down at her and sighed. He really hadn’t meant to mess everything up like that, she was just so… her. And he liked that. She never took any of his crap and always cared for them; it really made living with her unbearable thanks to that contract. He wanted to tell her how he felt about her, he wanted to be able to touch her and hold her.

He reached out to touch her cheek and froze, his heart clenching in his chest. Tess had moaned as she slept, her brow wrinkled in discomfort. But the name that had come from her lips wasn’t his.

He didn’t even want to begin to try and understand why that name would come from .

Siwon and Yesung watched with puzzled expressions as Heechul slammed through the apartment on his way out in another high temper. Tess shifted in the bed from the loud noise and sighed out once more...

 

 

                                                                                                                        “Jaejoong…”

 

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Noraebang - 노래방 - Karaoke     

Pojangmacha - 포장마차 - Stalls  

Yeoboseyo - 여보세요 - Hello (on the phone)

Kkeunh-eo - 끊어 - Hanging up   

Nuguseyo - 누구세요- Who is it or who are you

Saekki! - 새끼! - Bastard or Son of a !

Now don't go around useing that word! It's still a bad word, okay!

I am sorry for the long wait, all of my stories have been suffering because of my life.
But now I hope to put an end to that... The waiting not my life, lol.