Another move and... meeting?

Fate is Present

 

They spent substantial days like this afterwards, days of joy and days of sorrow, but none as light as that day in the park.

Heechul was more than aloof after the segment aired and he got a good look at how happy Tess had become on Donghae’s arm. He had begun to think Jaejoong was the only competition, he hadn’t noticed a fox in his own apartment.

Tess scolded him to no avail, about how he didn’t even say hello to his group mate anymore, he only sneered at the guy and changed locals.

Leeteuk had a sneaking suspicion that Heechul was spending most of his nights rooming with SHINee at their dorm, like they had the space to spare. It really got under his skin.

As the leader he took Heechul aside many times and lectured him about what if the fans find out and things of that nature but it didn’t help matters at all.

Tess was finding it a joy to live in the eleventh floor apartment and took to treating Sungmin and Kyuhyun like little brothers, which they seemed to preen under her attention.  Yesung and Ryeowook treated her with the utmost respect so she had some pretty calm days after all.

Eunhyuk just liked to laze about and sometimes he would follow her around and bug her by peering over her shoulder no matter how many times she told him to stop.

It was fun; being around these guys, and when the others came down for breakfast; lunch or dinner there was so much camaraderie that she felt her heart would explode.  It was just that one empty place that could have her good mood soured. She still couldn’t understand why Heechul was acting this way. If he had a problem with her then she figured it was time to go and leave the group to re-solidify themselves for their own good.  She had already spoken to the producers and the CEO about moving away and finishing the taping as if she was still residing with the group.

Admittedly they didn’t want to have to resort to such methods but he understood her explanation and thought the better of her for thinking about the guys before anything else. So, hesitantly, they agreed and now it was Tess’s job to tell the guys the plan. She regretted doing things like this but she felt it would have to be because of the rift that was forming between Heechul and the others.

 

“Tess-ah, here’s the hot pot!” Yesung sang as he trotted over with the steaming dish clutched by two oven mitts. Tess sat the placemat out and gestured for him to set it down there. The guys were all gathered around the table, eagerly anticipating this rare showing of Japanese Nabe, their rice bowls set out in front of them with a smaller bowl of ponzu next to it.

Tess had decided to cook the Nabe away from the table since there were so many sitting there; she had to save space that the portable stove would have taken up.

 

Even Heechul was there sitting at the end farthest away from her and Donghae, who sat on the left of her while Eunhyuk took the right, playing with his phone and ignoring the rest of them.

Tess sighed as she watched him; knowing that she was to blame made her heart heavy and nearly everyone could see the pain she tried to hide.

“Ya, what’s wrong Tess-ah? You seem really sad today.” Eunhyuk said nudging her with his arm. Tess looked over at him and smiled.

“Well, I guess we should eat first, and then I have something to tell all of you.” Tess said serving up some of the Sake she’d gotten from her first trip over to Japan on the ferry about a month back.

Heechul looked up at her with a speculative glare and she ignored it as he’d been doing for the last twenty minutes.

After the meal Tess gathered her courage and stood. All eyes were on her as she bowed her head and said, “For all this time spent with you wonderful guys, I thank you. I have never been so moved as I was while living here. But, all things must come to an end I’m afraid.”

Donghae shifted so he was on his knees and looked up at her nervously. “What are you saying Tess?”

Tess took a breath noticing Heechuls eyes widening even as she spoke. “I am leaving you after tonight.”
 

Her comment caused uproar. “What are you talking about? We still have a while of filming!” Leeteuk said standing up quickly. Some of the others stood as well.

“Tess” Donghae said shaking her arm as he stepped over to her. “What are you saying?”

“Tell us clearly.” Siwon said still at the table looking up at her with a concerned gaze.

Tess patted Donghae’s hand and he let her go. “I have decided to move out and continue filming as if I were staying here still. I’ve noticed a lot of things in these past weeks that I didn’t think were good for the group as a whole, and most of it stems from me being here, so I’ve made this decision.”

She clutched her hands together and bowed again. “I really thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking me in and welcoming me into your family. As Super Junior, or as normal everyday guys, you have all shown me an amazing side that no one has seen before, it’s made me feel closer to you all, and I really love you guys. If I could have had brothers like you all I would have been the happiest Nuna in the world.”  Tess felt a tear slip out past her defenses and all the guys awed, with the exception of one or two, and closed in on her to offer hugs and pats on the back whilst everyone talked all at once.

Donghae could only stand there dumbfounded, with his hands on his hips watching the others crowed her, while Heechul sat staring off into the space in front of him with glassy eyes, his pink hand phone barely staying in his dangling hand from where it was slung over his knee.

 

______________________________JYJ___________________________

 

 

 

Jaejoong had watched the date episode and became alarmingly distant to the others, be it the company employees they were now working with or the guys themselves, he just wouldn’t talk to anyone unless it was for work. He stopped going out and stayed in drinking more often than usual.

YuChun got worried and nearly refused CF deals due to Jae’s behavior, but the stubborn man didn’t let him and YuChun got a scolding of a lifetime from the usually passive leader. Junsu was working hard on his vocals and hardly had the time to worry but he did naturally. He was concerned about this girl as well; the one that brought his Hyeong down in a matter of moments after the TV came on.

So Junsu decided to make it his personal mission to find the girl and see what it was that had Jae in such a tangle.

He scoped out the dorms of Super Junior and watched for her but soon found she wasn’t even living with them, but in a small apartment close to the ground floor. She would meet the others at their door on the eleventh floor and slip inside just before the cameras began rolling.

On one such day he had just been at the elevators debating on whether to go up or not when the doors opened to reveal his longtime friend.

“Ah, Junsu yah”

Junsu turned and saw he was spotted. “Oh Hyuk Jae yah, how’s it going?”

“Long time, I haven’t seen you in forever. It’s going well; the filming seems to be getting to some of the guys but… Anyway what are you doing here?” Eunhyuk swung his arm over the others neck and grinned.

Junsu tried to smile but it didn’t quite work. He was too honest after all.
“Oh… I just wanted to see this girl that’s been living with you guys. Is it nice, does she nag?”

Eunhyuk laughed loudly. “Ani, more like she takes care of us, Eomma cheoleom.”

“Ah geulae?” Junsu grinned then. “Yah, you need it!” He said rubbing his buddy’s hair.

“Aish!” Eunhyuk pulled away and looked at him fiercely as he fixed his mussed hair.

“Oh Hyuk Jae, pouting again?”

The melodic voice came from behind him and Junsu tensed and turned around. He saw Tess for the first time face to face and was shocked. She wasn’t like anything his Hyeong had dated before. She wasn’t gorgeous and she wasn’t leggy at all. Not a drop of perfume or jewelry befuddled the aura around her, she was just simply pretty and her smile was pure and sweet. Junsu found himself smiling back without realizing it.

“Hi I’m Junsu, Hyuk Jae’s friend.” He introduced himself and stuck out his hand. Tess smiled warmly and shook it in a firm grip.

“It’s nice to meet you Junsu-ssi, I’m Tess.”

Junsu smiled and nodded. “I know”

“Oh Tess-ah, Junsu is an idol too! We both trained at the company since we were kids. He’s my best friend.” Eunhyuk put his arm back around the guy and grinned.

It was then Tess put the pieces together and the smile left her face. Neither one of the guys noticed because they were messing with each other, making plans to take her out to eat, now along with Junsu, but one person, who was standing in the hall way, did see her change and his brows drew together in confusion. Why wouldn’t she be thrilled to have a chance to reconnect with Jaejoong?

“Oh Hyuk-ah I have to go up and get something, I completely forgot about it, you two go on ahead okay?” Tess said backing up the lobby steps towards the elevators, pointing behind her with her thumb nervously.

Eunhyuk and Junsu waved to her and left talking and joking around, JunSu’s famous laugh ringing in the corridors.

Tess nearly ran to the lift and pushed the button hurriedly, her heart beating a mile a minute.

The doors dinged open and she quickly jumped inside and punched the eleventh floor button. The doors swung closed, but sprang back open as a hand appeared there. The doors opened again to reveal the one who had seen it all and slid shut behind him as he took a space beside her. They rode up halfway before he hit the stop button and turned to the frazzled girl.

He leaned over and trapped her between his arms that were braced on either side and above her head, to lean in close and capture her wavering gaze.

“I think you need to explain what the hell that was about Tess-ah.”

Tess looked up into the man’s angry eyes, clutching her bag strap tightly she whispered “Heechul-ssi.”

 ___________________________________________________________________

엄마처럼eommacheoleom   = like a mom

 그래?  geulae? = Oh, yeah?