Chapter 7

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

It has been a week since Baekhyun had been found out. Jongin, Chanyeol’s closest friend, had found out. Ever since that day he had been doing his best to avoid Chanyeol and Jongin when he was Baekhyun. He acted normally when he was fooling Chanyeol as Baekkie, but he was afraid, afraid of what Jongin would do. The way Jongin confronted him about it didn’t seem like he would tell Chanyeol everything. He wanted Baekhyun to say it himself. But how could he? Tell someone that’s straight that they’ve actually been dating someone of their own ? Chanyeol would be disgusted by him, even if he is the kindest person you could ever meet. Baekhyun didn’t know what to do now. He knew he should tell Chanyeol someday…but that day wasn’t anywhere near for him. He wanted that day to never come, but Chanyeol was going to find out sooner or later, like Jongin did.

 

“Ah, so Jongin found out? How?” asked Sehun. Sehun was over at Baekhyun’s house, doing his best to calm the heart of his friend. There wasn’t a lot Baekhyun could do. He could either tell Chanyeol straight up and let him know everything, or he could just keep silent and wait for the day where he would find out. Two choices, and they all could lead to the possible same ending. Chanyeol would leave him.

 

“He started noticing it before…then a week ago when I went to school…he noticed my eyeliner…” Baekhyun’s voice was soft and quiet. A lot had been on his mind this past week. He had no energy at all to think or even talk.

 

Sehun rested his chin on top of Baekhyun’s head and patted his back gently. “I can’t really help you…maybe you should talk to Jongin?”

 

Baekhyun nodded under the chin of the younger one. “I guess I should do that.”

 

After Sehun left Baekhyun’s house, Baekhyun messaged Chanyeol to get Jongin’s number. Once he received it, he left a message to Jongin telling him that he wanted to meet up at a café so they could talk things out. Baekhyun went over to the café and sat by the window, staring out into the night sky. He had ordered a warm drink to calm his heart down. Thinking about seeing the person who knew everything sent him cold shivers down his spine. It was nerve wracking to sit there waiting for him to arrive.

 

Minutes passed by and Jongin had finally arrived at the café. He saw Baekhyun through the window, staring at his drink and tapping his fingers against the table. He had a worried face pasted on and looked like he was about to faint from the nervousness. Jongin made his way inside and sat in front of Baekhyun. “You wanted to talk right?”

 

Baekhyun jumped in his seat after hearing Jongin’s voice. He was surprised that Jongin had arrived already and hadn’t prepared himself at all yet.

 

“Ah…yes……” The words that Baekhyun wanted to say just wouldn’t come out. It was difficult to talk to Jongin now. He hadn’t talked to him much before, and now that they were together alone, they had to talk about something awkward.

 

“Just calm yourself down while I order something to drink…take your time.” Jongin said as he called over the waitress to get a menu.

 

What should I say? If I ask him what I should do he would tell me to tell Chanyeol…I…I don’t want to lose Chanyeol just when I got him…I don’t want that to happen….

 

Jongin noticed that Baekhyun was still tensed and nervous. He decided to lighten up the mood by flicking Baekhyun’s forehead. “Calm down, I’m not going to kill you or something.”

 

Baekhyun felt a little bit relieved but was still tense. “I don’t know what to do…I want to tell Chanyeol everything…but I’m afraid of what could happen if I do…”

 

Jongin rested his chin on this arm and let out a sigh, “From what I’ve seen, Chanyeol really loves you. I think everything will be fine if you tell him.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head rapidly, “No. Chanyeol doesn’t like men…he likes girls…and I’m not a girl…”

 

“Trust me on this; Chanyeol would still love you even if you aren’t a girl. He may be straight now but I’m sure he would go gay for you.”

 

The waitress came by and placed down Jongin’s drink on the table. “Enjoy~” she smiled.

 

Jongin took a sip of his drink and stared at Baekhyun. “Baekhyun, just relax. Chanyeol’s smart, but he’s stupid when he’s in love. You could trick him forever and be really obvious, and he still wouldn’t notice. As long as you didn’t do anything to obvious in front of him then you’re good.”

 

“I forgot to wear paddings…and I’m sure he noticed my Adam’s apple by now…”

 

“Pffttt!...I mean ah…you really went all out didn’t you? If anything, I’ll knock some sense into him to make him notice his true feelings. I’ll…how should I put it…mmm, turn him gay?”

 

That night went by awkwardly. Jongin hadn’t made fun of him at all, well at least not directly but he was helpful. Baekhyun felt much more relieved than he had before. He knew that Jongin definitely wouldn’t tell Chanyeol now since he was helping him in any way he could. Jongin was a good person.

 

Before they said their goodbyes, Jongin said something really unexpected to Baekhyun.

 

“Since we were already on the topic of…being gay…want to tell your friend Sehun that he’s pretty cute and that we should hang out sometime?”

 

Baekhyun froze in place. Did he just hear what he thought he heard?

 

“U-Uh-Uh…s-s-sure…..?”

 

The night couldn’t get any more awkward than this right? Anymore and Baekhyun would surely die from the awkwardness.


 

“So what happened when you guys talked? Did he help?” Sehun asked.

 

“He did…a lot actually. He said that Chanyeol wouldn’t mind if he found out.”

“Then everything’s fine. Just tell him then.”

 

“It’s not that easy, Sehun. I can’t be sure…even if it is Jongin that’s telling me. Oh, that reminds me. Jongin said that you guys should hang out sometime.”

 

Sehun’s eyebrow raised up, “Why?”

 

A noticeable smirk formed on Baekhyun’s face. “He think you’re cute.”

 

Sehun choked on his own spit and started coughing loudly. “Y-You’ve got to be kidding me!”

 

Baekhyun patted his back to help him stop coughing. “Since when were you cute enough to attract Kim Jongin?”

 

Sehun’s coughing stopped. He took a sip of water from his water bottle and glared at Baekhyun. “Well tell him I’m not interested in him. I don’t even think I’m gay either!”

 

“Right…right. Let’s just ignore the fact that you thought our science teacher, Mr. Chen, was good looking.”


School had ended and Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to meet.

 

“So where do you want to go today, Baek?”

 

Baekhyun almost choked when he heard Chanyeol calling him Baek. “P-Pardon?”

 

“Hm? What’s wrong? You don’t like me calling you Baek?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I-It’s not t-that…it just sounds like Baekhyun’s name more than mine.”

 

Chanyeol put his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and pulled him close to his chest. “Don’t be jealous, this nickname is only for you.”

 

I can’t…I can’t anymore…I have to tell him.

 

“C-Chanyeol…”

 

Just when Baekhyun was going to tell Chanyeol, he was interrupted by a familiar person that was heading towards him.

 

“Ah! Baekhyun!” the person shouted.

 

Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun and saw his eyes wide open. “…What?”

 

That person turned out to be Baekhyun’s older sister. 

 

------------

an update! finally! 

sorry i haven't updated in a long time

two more weeks of school and then you'll get lots of updates ;D

EXO'S FINALLY BAEK! YAAAAY! 

now let's all take some time to appreciate Sehun's y rainbow hair...and his face