Chapter 12

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

Another sleepless night…another.

 

Two days of sleepless nights for Baekhyun. Chanyeol had been on his mind ever since he let out his anger on him. The two started talking again, but now Baekhyun could see that Chanyeol was more hesitant with his actions. Before he would say whatever he wanted to, but now, he stops and thinks.

 

“Wow, what happened to you?” Sehun asked once he went to Baekhyun’s classroom in the morning again.

 

Dark eye bags formed underneath Baekhyun’s eyes. Every time he tried to sleep he ended up rolling around in bed. “Didn’t sleep again…”

 

“Why not?”

 

Baekhyun placed his head onto the desk and closed his eyes, “Chanyeol…I was mean to Chanyeol and now he’s different and I don’t like that and I want him to go back to normal but because of what I said he’s not gonna and and—”

 

“Okay calm down. Just rest for a bit and I’ll wake you up before the bell rings.” Sehun mumbled.

 

Baekhyun smiled at his friend and went to sleep.

 

“Haah, troublesome.” Sehun left Baekhyun and decided to look for Chanyeol. It didn’t take long since the first place he looked was the library. Chanyeol was reading a book with Jongin. Sehun entered the library silently and went over to Chanyeol’s side. “You know, Baekhyun is losing sleep because of you.”

 

“W-What? Why…?” Chanyeol said with concern in his eyes.

 

“You’ve been acting differently he said.”

 

“…oh…”

 

“You should probably go back to being yourself or else he’s going to die.” Sehun said before leaving Chanyeol to think about what he did. He went back to Baekhyun immediately and watched him sleep for the remainder of the time. The hair from Baekhyun’s front bangs poked his eye, making him squint his eyes in his sleep. Sehun brushed it away with his fingertips and slid his index finger across Baekhyun’s eye bags, “Rest well…” he muttered under his breath. 

 


~12 years ago~

 

“Everyone this is the new student, Oh Sehun. Treat him well! Sehunnie, you can take a seat beside Jongdae.”

 

Sehun made his way beside Jongdae with a smile on his face. “Hi, I’m Sehun. You’re Jongdae right?”

 

Jongdae took one look at Sehun and made a disgusted face. “Pfft, peasant.”

 

Sehun was startled by what he said but just ignored it. Class continued on. Sehun was looking forward to break so he could talk with his other classmates.

 

“Alright kids, break time!” his teacher said.

 

Sehun went into his backpack and took out his yugioh cards in hopes to play with the other kids. “Jongdae! Let’s duel!”

 

Jongdae looked around for the presence of the teacher before pushing Sehun down. “Go away peasant! No one needs you! You’re a loser! LOOOOSER! LOOOOSER! LOOOOOOOOOSER!”

 

The other kids started joining in with Jongdae, chanting along with him. Sehun sat on the floor, staring up at the other kids, tears watering. The kids started closing in on him when another student pushed them aside and helped Sehun up. “What do you think you’re doing?! Bullying him! Come on, let’s go.” The student pulled Sehun out of the classroom and into the washroom. “They didn’t hurt you right?”

 

Sehun shook his head and just stared at the student.

 

“Ah, I forgot to introduce myself! I’m Byun Baekhyun! I’m older than you but it’s okay! We can still be friends! What’s your name?”

 

“O-O-Oh…Oh Sehun.” He said shyly.

 

Baekhyun smiled at him and held out his hand. “Well, from now on, I’m your friend okay, Oh Sehun?”

 

Sehun stared at Baekhyun’s hand and hesitated to shake it. Baekhyun let out a chuckle and placed Sehun’s hand in his himself. “Friends?”

 

A smile immediately formed on Sehun’s face. “Friends.”

 


The bell rang and Sehun snapped out of his past thoughts. Baekhyun woke up from the loud sound from the bell and rubbed his eyes.  “Sehun, you’re still here? The bell rang, you should go to class.”

 

Sehun nodded and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair before leaving to go back to class. Baekhyun’s eyes widened from Sehun’s unexpected actions and fixed his hair while watching Sehun leave his classroom.

 

He looks happy for some reason…I wonder why.

 

The aura around Sehun was bright and happy. Thinking about how Baekhyun saved him in the past raised his mood.

 

You’re my friend Baekhyun…my best friend. 

---------------------

OKAYOKAYOKAYOKAY I'll stop with all the sebaek xP

hopefully I'll get the next chapter up in a few days~

this was kind of not really a side...i didn't really mean for it to be a side story but it just turned out that way ;D

don't worry~ i still remember that this is a baekyeol fic~ i'll stop with all the other ships now~ ;D