Chapter 13

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

“B-Baekhyun, g-good m-morning!”

 

“Chanyeol…why are you stuttering?”

 

“Ah…No reason! No reason at all! Ahahahaha!”

 

It was Chanyeol’s birthday today and he was happier than usual. Jongin had gotten him some new headphones as a present and he received some money from his parents. Nothing could get better for him unless it involved Baekhyun.

 

“So today…” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

Chanyeol could tell that Baekhyun had forgotten about his birthday. His smile slowly changed into an unnoticeable pout, “It’s nothing.” He said his goodbyes to Baekhyun and made his way to class, leaving Baekhyun in confusion.

 

“What was that about…?”

 

Baekhyun headed to class wondering what Chanyeol was talking about. He thought and thought but couldn’t think of anything. “Did I forget something?” Once he entered the classroom, he noticed that all the girls had presents in their hands. The girls were shaking each other’s present boxes, listening to the sounds of what the other person might’ve gotten. All the boys looked envious as they stared at the girls. Baekhyun entered the room looking at everyone and sat in his seat. “I forgot something didn’t I…”

 

“What did you get?” the girls were saying to each other.

 

“Oh, just an iPad~” another girl bragged.

 

“Don’t think you’re all that now! I got oppa a MacBook Pro!”

 

The girls were all bragging to each other about what they got this “oppa”. Baekhyun still had no idea and just continued to think.

 

Maybe it’s Jongin’s birthday today or –

 

Baekhyun suddenly inhaled loud enough for the whole class to hear it. He finally remembered what he had forgotten today. It was Chanyeol’s birthday.

 

HOW DID I FORGET?! HOW?! HOW?! HOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

His heart was pounding in his chest. It almost felt as it would break through. He began to hyperventilate. There was no present in his hands for Chanyeol. He was a fan of Chanyeol’s before, how could he have forgotten?

 

My mind was too busy thinking about other things! How could I let this happen! No wonder he was being weird just recently. What am I going to do? I don’t have a present prepared for him. It would be too late to get him one now…

 


“Why so upset birthday boy?” asked Jongin.

 

Chanyeol went to the library as usual to escape the crowd of girls and boys waiting for him with presents. “I think Baekhyun forgot my birthday…”

 

Jongin bursted out with laughter with tears forming in his eyes. Chanyeol gave him a look. “It’s not funny.”

 

Jongin stopped laughing and wiped his tears away. “Maybe he’s preparing something special for you. It’s Baekhyun. Didn’t he say that he was a fan of yours before too? A fan will never forget your birthday.”

 

“I was so excited to hear Baekhyun say happy birthday to me last night that I barely got any sleep. I waited until 12 to see his text…instead I saw yours first.” He checked his phone and there was no new messages. “No new message. He forgot…”

 

“He just wants you to think that. I’m sure he didn’t really forget.”

 

“Whatever…nobody forgets your birthday…” Chanyeol pouted and scrunched his nose. He was really unhappy now that his dreams were crushed. 


Sehun came to Baekhyun’s classroom during break and saw him writing a list at his desk. “Hey Baek, what’re you doing? Isn’t it Chanyeol’s birthday today? Shouldn’t you go over to his class?”

 

Baekhyun lifted his head up quickly towards Sehun. “YOU REMEMBERED?!”

 

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I? ………….Don’t tell me you forgot…”

 

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head and let out a quiet chuckle. “Maybe...”

 

Sehun looked down at what Baekhyun was writing and saw a bunch of ideas for Chanyeol’s present. He read each of the ideas and pressed his lips harder together as he made his way down the list. “You seriously call these presents? You really plan to give him a picture of you…by email? You are the worst.”

 

“I’m running out of ideas! I don’t know what to do!” Baekhyun shouted as he fell into Sehun’s arms and pretended to cry on his shoulder.

 

Sehun pushed him off gently and rubbed his forehead. “Just tell him the truth and take him out on a date or something…nobody wants a picture of you for their birthday. Seeing you in person is enough.” 


 “I’m sorry...”

 

“For what?”

 

“For forgetting your birthday. I remembered all the other years…but this one I guess I just forgot…”

 

School had ended and Baekhyun called Chanyeol out to meet in the library. He decided to go with Sehun’s plan and ended up telling Chanyeol the truth. “But to make it up to you…do you want to go on a date with me?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes brightened once he heard the word date. Their last date wasn’t that enjoyable after he found out Baekhyun’s secret. But now that they both had nothing to hide, he was sure that this date was going to be a better one. They headed on over to the movie theater to watch the new horror film that had just been released. They chose their seats and sat down with popcorn and a drink in their hands.

 

“Have you seen the trailer? It looked pretty scary to me.” Said Chanyeol, popping a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

 

Baekhyun nodded and ate some popcorn. Soon the lights dimmed and the movie began. Chanyeol was completely focused on the movie, chewing on popcorn and taking small sips from his drink. On the otherhand, Baekhyun was distracted from the movie by the exceptionally cold air conditioning.

 

It’s November! Why is the air conditioning still on?!

 

He wrapped his arms around his body to try to keep warm but it didn’t help. Chanyeol turned over to look at Baekhyun and saw that he was shivering. He then noticed that the theater was cold.

 

“Baekhyun, are you cold?” he whispered.

 

Baekhyun shook his head and placed his arms onto the arm rest, trying to make it look like he was freezing at all. A few minutes passed by and then Baekhyun felt an arm wrapped around his body. It was Chanyeol’s arm. He pulled Baekhyun closer to him and shared his body heat with the male.

 

“C-Chanyeol…I’m not cold.” Baekhyun whispered.

 

“Idiot, I know you are.”

 

Baekhyun could already feel himself getting warmer. His cheeks started turning red; he was blushing. They soon brought back their focus onto the movie and continued to watch in peace now that they had nothing to bother them. Baekhyun reached for the drink and took a sip from it before reaching his hand into the popcorn bag, only to grab onto a piece of flesh. Using the light from the movie, he looked into the bag to see what he was grabbing and saw Chanyeol’s hand in his. He pulled his hand away and tucked them under his legs, turning away as well to hide his tomato red face. He could hear a quiet laughter coming from Chanyeol right after.

 

Stupid Baekhyun! This isn’t a drama!

 

The movie finally ended and they made their way outside to breathe some fresh air. Chanyeol rested his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulder and leaned against him slightly, “How was the movie?”

 

“It was okay…I’ve seen better.”

 

Chanyeol ruffled the male’s head and pushed him lightly in the direction he wanted to go in. “Let’s go eat. I’m hungry.”

 

They made their way into a pasta restaurant and was seated by a waitress.

 

“Hello, here are your menus. Call me over when you’re ready to order!”

 

Once they were ready, they ordered their food and waited for it to arrive. Neither of them knew what to say at that moment since one of them was still depressed that they forgot someone’s birthday and the other was overjoyed that he was spending his birthday with the one he loves. They waited for their food to arrive silently and once it did, they ate in silence. It didn’t take them long to finish since both of them just focused on eating and neither of them spoke.

 

It was night already. Chanyeol had started walking Baekhyun home.

 

“About today…I’m still very sorry that I forgot your birthday.” Baekhyun muttered.

 

“It’s fine. I was really happy that you asked me out on a date. I forgot all about it.”

 

“No really…I’m really sorry. I should’ve remembered but I didn’t.”

 

Chanyeol stopped and turned Baekhyun to face him. “It’s okay! I’m not mad or anything.”

 

“Are you sure? I mean…you are the Chanyeol that’s loved by many. I would be hurt to know that one of my fans forgot my birthday.”

 

Chanyeol laughed and clapped his hands together. “What are you saying? Haha, you aren’t my fan, you’re my friend now. You’re different.”

 

They continued walking down the road, talking to each other about what interesting happened in their lives and soon enough, they had already arrived at Baekhyun’s front door.

 

“Ah, we’re here already. I’ll see you tomorrow then. Bye.” Chanyeol said as he turned around to leave.

 

Baekhyun was about to say goodbye when his arm suddenly reached out to Chanyeol and pulled him back. He stared up at the taller male, looking at every feature on his face. From his eyebrows, to his eyes, to his nose, and then to his lips. The distance from his lips to the other’s was quite far. He started going on his tiptoes and lessened the distance. “Happy birthday, Park Chanyeol.” He whispered and pressed his lips against Chanyeol’s.

----------

oh god, how corny ;D 

i was kind of cringing as i wrote this xD