Chapter 16

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

“Baekhyun, are you hungry? Do you want to eat anything?” Sehun asked Baekhyun once he came out of the bathroom. His hair was soaking wet. He hadn’t dried his hair and the towel was rested around his neck.

 

“I’m not really hungry…” Baekhyun mumbled. “But more importantly, you should dry your hair once you get out or you’ll get sick. Come over here. Let your hyung do it for you.”

 

Sehun went over to sit beside Baekhyun on his bed and handed him the towel that was wrapped around his neck. Baekhyun took the towel and dried up Sehun’s hair for him.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to eat?” asked Sehun after Baekhyun was done.

 

Baekhyun nodded and sighed, “I don’t really have an appetite right now.” He placed the towel back into the bathroom and sat beside Sehun once again.

 

Sehun knocked on his head and frowned, “You have to eat. I don’t really know how to make anything special but I can make you some instant noodles.”

 

“I’m fine…”

 

Sehun sighed and got up to go down to the kitchen. “I’ll make myself some then.” He went downstairs and began to cook his noodles while Baekhyun just sat upstairs in his room doing nothing.

 

Baekhyun could hear the sounds of pots banging against each other. He started to wonder if Sehun would really be fine downstairs cooking by himself. Just when he was about to head downstairs, Sehun’s phone began to ring. Baekhyun went over to the phone and looked at who was calling so late at night. It was an unknown number. Instinctively, Baekhyun answered the call and was greeted by a male voice that he had never heard from before.

 

“Aaah, are you still coming over tomorrow?” the unknown male asked.

 

“Um, I think you’ve got the wrong number.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Aah, really? My bad. Sorry about that.” The unknown male ended the call and left Baekhyun in confusion.

 

That was unexpected and weird…

 

The scent of Sehun’s instant noodles began filling the room. Baekhyun turned to look at the door and saw Sehun holding a pot of instant noodles in his hands. The noodles smelled delicious and was making Baekhyun drool. He swallowed the saliva in his mouth and his lips as he watched Sehun place the pot onto his desk.

 

“Did someone call me?” Sehun asked, seeing that Baekhyun was holding onto his phone.

 

Baekhyun looked at his phone and nodded, “Yeah, wrong number.”

 

Sehun sat down in front of his pot of noodles and began picking up some noodles with his chopsticks. He blew the hot noodles and slurped them into his mouth. He his lips as he chewed and swallowed it. Baekhyun watched him eat from his bed with his jaw hanging and drool falling down his mouth. He then realized that his stomach was empty now and hoped that Sehun would offer him some of his noodles. Unfortunately, Sehun didn’t notice that Baekhyun was hungry and continued to eat until the pot was empty.

 

“That was a good meal. What do you want to do now? Should we sleep?” asked Sehun, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

 

Baekhyun was too hungry now to even think properly. He completely ignored Sehun’s question and continued to stare at his empty pot. Sehun noticed that he was staring intensely at something and followed his gaze only to end up at his pot. He chuckled and pulled Baekhyun downstairs with him to the kitchen. Baekhyun followed behind him mindlessly and was surprised to see Sehun start opening a new pack of instant noodles.

 

“If you’re hungry just say so.” Sehun laughed as he placed the noodles into the pot of boiling water.

 

After Baekhyun finished his instant noodles, the boys brushed their teeth and tucked themselves under the blanket on Sehun’s bed. The boys slept together and rested their minds to prepare themselves for what might happen tomorrow. Baekhyun would go back home the next morning and try to convince his mom again in hopes that she might’ve changed her mind after he left.


“Have you broken up with him yet? Was it because he was too clingy that he kept you away from home for so long?” his mom said once Baekhyun got back home.

 

Baekhyun clenched his fits to prevent him from lashing out as his mom. “No mom, I haven’t broken up with him and I won’t. Can’t you just accept us?”

 

His mom crossed her arms and pursed her lips. “Are you disobeying me now? You weren’t like this before. It must be that boy’s fault. End your relationship with him before things get worse.” She slipped on her shoes and opened the front door, “I’m going to work now.” She said and left the house.

 

Baekhyun slammed his fist into the wall and clenched his teeth. “Damnit!”

 

His sister walked down the stairs and pulled him into a hug. “Your sister is here for you. Ignore mom okay?”

 

“Why is mom even like this? She doesn’t even know Chanyeol and just assumes everything…” Baekhyun said as he removed himself from the hug.

 

His sister sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. “Mom’s parents were homouals… She was often bullied in school because of it and her parents were shunned by society. She probably doesn’t want you to go through what she and her parents had to go through. But I just wish that she realizes that time has gone by and that society has changed. More people accept people like you nowadays unlike before.”

What Baekhyun’s sister said was wandering in his mind. He kept thinking about it as he got dressed and ready for school and even when he was at school. He never knew that his mom’s parents were homouals and no one let him meet them either. No one had ever told him anything about their past. He sat in his seat and waited for class to start. Chanyeol unexpectedly came running into his classroom and pulled up a seat beside him.

 

“How did things go with your mom?” Chanyeol asked with a smile on his face.

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “My mom wants me to break up with you…”

 

Chanyeol’s smile wiped away immediately after hearing Baekhyun’s words. His heart fell. “I’ll go talk to her.”

 

“Don’t… please.”

 

“Why won’t she accept our relationship?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“She thinks you’re a bad influence…”

 

“Then I have to go talk to her now. I need to show her that I’m not!”

 

The bell rang and Baekhyun’s teacher started walking into the classroom. Chanyeol got up and patted Baekhyun’s head, “I’ll come over after school, okay?”

 

School passed by quickly with Baekhyun’s mind wandering off most of the time. Once the bell rang, the students rushed out of the classroom leaving Baekhyun alone inside. Chanyeol came through their classroom door and saw Baekhyun still staring off into space. “Baekhyun?” He muttered as he walked closer to him.

 

Baekhyun finally snapped out of it and noticed that all the students were gone and that school had ended. “Ah, I lost track of time…”

 

They began walking to Baekhyun’s house, hand in hand. They didn’t mind the stares and whispers they got when people saw them. Right now the most important thing was convincing Baekhyun’s mom. Once they arrived at Baekhyun’s door step, they went inside and waited in the living room until his mom arrived back from work. An hour had passed when Baekhyun’s mom finally came back home. When she saw a male that she had never seen before in her house, she automatically assumed it was Chanyeol.

 

“You must be Chanyeol.” She muttered with disgust.

 

Chanyeol quickly stood up and gave her a 90 degrees bow. “My name is Park Chanyeol. Please allow me to date your son!” He kept his head bowed down as he waited for her to answer.

 

“I thought I already told you two to separate. Leave this house now and never see Baekhyun again. You’re a nuisance to our family. If you won’t leave on your own, I will drag you out myself.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened. He wasn’t prepared for this at all. 

-------------

soooo at that phone part i was going to kind of introduce luhan as a new character to create hunhan in this story but i just couldn't ;; it's hard to just add a random character in the story TT,TT sorry to all the people who hoped that sehun would be with luhan and jongin would be with kyungsoo in the story so they wouldn't be lonely ;.; i don't mind writing another story for you guys if you want to read hunhan or kaisoo or something ;o but in this story, there's only going to be baekyeol, sebaek and the random sekai moments ;; sorry!

i hope baekhyun's mom isn't that irritating ;D 
i hate those characters in the story that just make you want to punch your screen and rip your hair out lmao.
well anyways~ hope you enjoyed :3