Chapter 18

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

It was six in the morning when Chanyeol woke up only to find himself in his own room. He couldn’t recall what had happened last night but just assumed that he fell asleep on Jongin’s porch and he had brought him back home. There were footsteps outside his door; they were loud and heavy but the footsteps got softer as they moved further away from his door. “Must be my dad…” Chanyeol mumbled. He stretched and got up to follow after his dad. There was a strong smell of coffee down the stairs and hallway that lead him to the kitchen. He found his dad drinking coffee at the kitchen table reading a newspaper after he got ready for work.

 

“Ah, you’re up early.” His dad said after seeing Chanyeol come into the kitchen and taking a seat in front of him. After noticing that Chanyeol was sitting awkwardly in front of him doing nothing but stare at him drinking his coffee and reading his newspaper, he couldn’t help but ask, “Is there something wrong?”

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath and looked deep into his dad’s eyes. “Dad… I have a boyfriend.” He said it confidently even though it was hard to force those words out of his mouth.

 

His dad stared back at him, sipping his coffee every now and then as they both stared at each other in silence. He placed his newspaper down and wiped his mouth with a tissue. “You’ve dated girls before. What made you change now?” his dad asked.

 

“Every time I look at him, my heart beats a hundred times faster than when I was with my ex-girlfriends…” Chanyeol muttered as he shuffled in his seat. “We dated once before…and when he told me he was going to avoid me because of an argument we had, I was devastated. I didn’t want our relationship to end like that and that’s how I knew that I truly loved him…”

 

It was awkward for Chanyeol to talk to his dad about love. His dad and him weren’t that close in the beginning. Now he had to talk to him about something that was an awkward subject to talk about. His dad took another sip from his cup and placed the cup down on the table gently. “Bring him over some time, I want to meet the boy that stole your heart.” He smiled as he got up to place his cup into the sink.

 

Chanyeol got up and gave his dad a hug, “Thank you dad!”

 

His dad laughed, “Did you think I wouldn’t approve of you two?”

 

Chanyeol nodded and then smiled with his teeth showing. “I’ll bring him over once we get his mom’s approval.”

 

“His mom hasn’t approved of you two? Why is that?”

 

“She thinks I’m a bad influence to him…”

 

“I’ll have a talk with her. I can’t have her continue thinking my son is like that.”

 

“It’s fine dad… I’ll figure something out.” Chanyeol muttered before heading back upstairs to his room. 
 


Baekhyun’s mom left the house for work like usual except this time she didn’t have a son anymore. Baekhyun had said he didn’t care anymore. Her threat didn’t work and she lost her only son. She walked down to her car and drove to work. She had worked in an office for a large business that everyone knew the name to. Once she had arrived, she headed into the building and walked down the long hallway that led to her office. As she made her way down, she collided with another person making them drop their things.

 

“I’m very sorry.” She said as she helped pick up the papers that fell on the floor. As she picked up the things she saw the last name Park on one of the papers.

 

The person she collided with picked up their things and looked up at her name tag and saw the last name Byun. “Could you perhaps be Byun Baekhyun’s mother?” the person asked.

 

Baekhyun’s mom looked up and saw a male. “Yes, yes I am.” She answered.

 

“I’m Chanyeol’s father.” The male said as he helped himself as well as Baekhyun’s mom up.

 

“Ah, hello.” She said as she gave him a little bow.

 

“You must’ve heard from your son that he is dating my son.” Chanyeol’s dad said as he tucked his papers under his arm. “Chanyeol told me that you weren’t approving their relationship because you think he is a bad influence on your son. I want to tell you that my son is not a bad influence. He has good grades and is kind. He would never make your son do anything bad.”

 

“If you’re trying to convince me to allow them to date then you better not waste your time. I am not going to allow them to date.” Baekhyun’s mom said and made her way past Chanyeol’s dad.

 

Chanyeol’s dad grabbed onto her arm and pulled her back. “I will not allow you to think poorly of my son.”

 

Baekhyun’s mom pulled her arm away and shot him a glare. “I’ll be taking my leave now.”

 

She walked into her office and shut the door behind her, not looking back. The more she thought about it and the more she heard about it, she wondered if maybe she shouldn’t let her feelings get in the way of Baekhyun’s happiness.

 

Perhaps his life won’t be like the one my parents had... Agh, I lost my son because of my stupidity.

 


“Sorry for not being at home yesterday… I saw you sleeping on my porch when I came home. Luckily nothing happened to you.” Jongin said as he sat in front of Chanyeol at the library.

 

“It’s fine. More importantly, I got my dad’s approval! He said he wanted to meet Baekhyun too.” Chanyeol said cheerfully.

 

Jongin was happy along with Chanyeol, “That’s great! What about Baekhyun’s mom?”

 

Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. “Not yet… but I’m not giving up.”

“Good. If you love Baekhyun, you have to work hard to gain her trust! Good luck!” 


After school ended, Baekhyun talked to Chanyeol and told him about what happened last night. He told him about Minji and how he told his mom that he didn’t care if she wasn’t his mom anymore. Chanyeol found it harsh and felt sorry for having Baekhyun go through all this just because of him.

 

“I’m sorry for being a bad influence…” Chanyeol apologized.

 

“You’re not a bad influence! I’ll do whatever it takes to prove my mom wrong! I’m going to try again today okay? Don’t say things like that ever again okay? I’m going now.” Baekhyun said and gave Chanyeol a little peck on the cheek before leaving him to head home.

 

Baekhyun started heading home and halfway there, he heard someone panting behind him. Sehun had chased after him all the way from school and had finally caught up with him. “B-Baekhyun!” he shouted.

 

Baekhyun turned around to see a sweaty Sehun bending over and catching his breath. “Woah, are you okay? Why’d you run?” He took out a tissue from his bag and wiped Sehun’s forehead with it. “What’s wrong?”

 

Sehun shook his head and smiled at Baekhyun. “I heard from my neighbours that you were waiting outside my house until midnight. Sorry, I had to visit my aunt that just came back from her overseas trip. You must’ve needed my comfort if you waited until midnight. I’m sorry, really sorry.”

 

“And you ran all the way to me when you could’ve just told me over the phone? Thanks, I’m fine now though.”

 

“That’s good to know.” Sehun said.

 

They began to walk over to Baekhyun’s house and when they got there, they saw Baekhyun’s mom’s car on the driveway. There was still an hour before her work ended which made them wonder what was up. Sehun followed behind Baekhyun as he opened the door into their house. His mom was sitting on the stairs and was smiling happily when she saw Baekhyun arrive back home.

 

“Baekhyun, you’re home.” She said.

 

Baekhyun nodded and pulled Sehun out from behind him, letting his mom know that they weren’t alone.

 

“Ah… good afternoon Ms. Byun.” Sehun said politely and gave her a bow.

 

Baekhyun’s mom smiled at him and grabbed onto Baekhyun’s wrist. “I want to talk to you.” She said and pulled him into the living room.

 

“I’ll wait in your room…” Sehun said and headed upstairs quickly.

 

Baekhyun followed her and pulled his wrist from her touch. “What…”

 

“I want to let you know that I approve of your relationship with Chanyeol.”

 

Immediately, Baekhyun’s eyes widened and his first instinct was to pull his mom into a hug. “You can’t take back what you said!”

 

His mom patted his back, “I won’t, son.”  She pushed Baekhyun off her gently and gave him a motherly smile. “I was afraid that you would have to go through what my parents did so I didn’t want you two to be together. But I know you’re strong enough to overcome the obstacles that come by you. I hope you aren’t mad at mom. I thought what I was doing was the right thing until you told me you didn’t care if I wasn’t your mother anymore. No mom wants to lose her only son.”

 

“I’m not mad at you mom. Next time, just tell me everything.” He said.

 

“I will. Now go tell your friend the good news, as well as your boyfriend.”

 

Baekhyun ran upstairs to his room and pulled Sehun into a big bear hug.

 

“I heard everything. Good job, Baekhyun.” Sehun said as he returned the hug.

 

“Thank you for being there for me, Sehun.”

 

“Go tell Chanyeol now.” Sehun said giving Baekhyun a little push.

 

Baekhyun rushed out of the house and left Sehun in his room. Sehun picked up his bag and headed downstairs and saw Baekhyun’s mom still in the living. He put on his shoes and opened the door to leave. “Thank you.” He muttered under his breath as he left the house.

 

Baekhyun ran over to Chanyeol’s house at top speed and saw him talking outside of his house with Jongin. Without a second thought, he pounced onto Chanyeol and gave him a rough kiss on the lips. Chanyeol’s was surprised and Jongin was disgusted at the sight of seeing his friends kissing. “You guys are gross. I’m leaving. See you guys tomorrow.” He said and left without looking back.

 

Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun and tilted his head. “What happened?”

 

“My mom finally approved of us!” Baekhyun shouted and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol fell to the ground after he heard and held tightly onto Baekhyun’s hands. “Aaaah!!! That’s great!!!!” Chanyeol shouted. He picked Baekhyun up and threw him up into the air. “We can finally be together. My dad gave us his approval as well.”

 

The two of them wrapped their arms tightly around each other and hugged one another for a while until they heard a cough. Baekhyun turned around to see that it was Chanyeol’s dad. “Mr. Park! I am Byun Baekhyun!” he said with an obvious nervous tone in his voice.

 

“So you’re Baekhyun.”

 

“Dad, we finally got his mom’s approval!” Chanyeol said with a big smile pasted onto his face.

 

Chanyeol’s dad patted both Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s shoulders, “That’s great! Baekhyun, please take care of my son. He may have a past with girls but right now his future is with you.”

 

“I’ll do my best!” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol’s dad nodded and headed into the house to leave the two alone. Chanyeol rested his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and pulled him close to his side, “Nothing can stop us from being together now.” He brushed the hair away from Baekhyun’s forehead and kissed it. “I love you a lot Baekhyun…I want us to be together until the end. I want to spend the rest of my life with you…”

 

Baekhyun was shocked at Chanyeol’s sudden proposal but didn’t mind it at all because he felt the same way. “So do I… I’ll love you until the end like I loved you from the beginning.”

 

Chanyeol buried his face into Baekhyun’s shoulder and ran his fingers through his hair. “I’ll love you more though.”

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle and breathed in the scent of Chanyeol’s shirt, “We’ll see about that…”
 

------------------

OMG I'M REALLY BAD AT WRITING ENDINGS. YOU CAN TELL FROM MY OTHER STORIES -CRIES- 

AND THIS REALLY IS THE END~ there won't be any sequels or prequels unfortunately because i want to write new stories hehheh~
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT READ, SUBSCRIBED, UPVOTED, AND COMMENTED ON MY STORY~~~

i couldn't have made it to the end without all of you especially with my bad memory lmao. i apologize to the people who had to help me out ;D 

somehow i got over 100 subscribers -cries- thank you T,T my story isn't even that great really T,T but you guys supported me and stuff -cries- thank you! 

all the upvoters made me happy too T,T i never expected to get any upvotes so really thank you T,T

to everyone that commented ;.; reading your comments made me really happy T,T you guys are all so nice. some of your comments really made my day ;; 
sorry if you didn't like the ending but i hope the ending was satisfying enough~ :3 

I LOVE YOU ALL~ xD THANK YOU!

-cough- and to the people who read Bigger than Love, the sequel is coming out in a week or so, so look forward to that~