Chapter 3

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

 

Baekhyun arrived at school the next morning like usual, but this time, he brought along the wig, dress, and the eyeliner. His plan was to wait for Chanyeol and Jongin after school and introduce himself as a girl from another school. Then he would ask Chanyeol out. Baekhyun thought his plan was easy and that it would definitely work. There’s no way Chanyeol could let him fail by rejecting him. He waited for all of his classes to end anxiously, staring at the clock on the wall every now and then. In his days of observing Chanyeol and Jongin, he knew that they exited through the front gates at exactly 3:30p.m. There would always be a group of fans following behind them until the gates. All he has to do is wait outside of the gates and he wouldn’t be seen by the crazy fans that could possibly harm him if they found out what he was about to do. The time ticked by and soon there was five minutes until the bell rings.

 

Okay, since Sehun’s house is closer to school than mine, if I run over there quickly, I’ll have 10 minutes to get ready, and then another 10 to get to the gates.

 

Finally, the bell rang and Baekhyun rushed out of the classroom, faster than light. He darted over to Sehun’s house and opened the door using the hidden key below the welcome mat in front of the door. This wasn’t the first time Baekhyun went into Sehun’s house without him knowing. Sometimes he would go over when Sehun wasn’t there just to eat his food. Sehun also had to best bed to nap on as well. He ran into the bathroom, slipping on the dress and wig on quickly, and fixed his look in the mirror. He took out the eyeliner from his bag and applied it onto his eyes, quickly but nicely. After he was done he looked into his bag and noticed that there was a girly purse inside.

 

“Good luck, Baekhyun. Catch that girl! – Love Sis.” I guess this would match better than my bag……why is it so girly though?!

 

He took the purse out of his bag and stuffed everything he needed into it. He dashed back to school leaving his belongings at Sehun’s house and waited for Chanyeol and Jongin to come. He checked the time on his phone and the time was 3:29. One more minute until the two boys would walk out from the gates. He could already hear the sounds of girls screaming and boys shouting coming closer and closer. He backed up from the gates and took a deep breath. Just when he was about to check the time again, his eyes met with a taller male that stood in front of him. Chanyeol was now standing in front of him with Jongin next to him.

 

Oh …………………………..I WASN’T PREPARED YETTTTTT!!!

 

“U-U-Umm…………………………..my name is u-uh—”

 

Oh god…..I didn’t think of a name for myself yet…………………………………………………………..ALKFDDFJKGHDFGJ!

 

“U-Uh, my name is…erh…Byun Baekkie? I’m from the school just a couple of blocks from here and um…I was wondering if you would go out with me.”

 

Baekhyun tried his best to make his voice sound high pitched and more girly than his usual husky voice. He stared at the ground as he waited for Chanyeol to answer. It took him longer than usual to answer. Baekhyun thought he was definitely going to be rejected. He was dressed as a girl, forcing his voice to be higher, and wearing a damn wig. Who would want to date an ugly fake girl like him? Chanyeol motioned Jongin to move aside, letting him and Baekhyun have a little space alone.

 

“Are you…mmm…maybe Baekhyun’s sister or cousin or something?” Chanyeol asked, after Jongin was a couple of metres behind him.

 

“Ah…………………………….cousin?”

 

Chanyeol laughed, “Are you sure Baekhyun’s okay with this? With me dating his cousin?”

 

“He’s fine with it! W-We’re the erh…same age anyways, it doesn’t matter!” Baekhyun’s high pitched voice started cracking because he was so happy that Chanyeol was going to date him.

 

“Well then, Byun Baekkie. Park Chanyeol will be your boyfriend from now on.” Chanyeol stuck out his hand to shake Baekhyun’s and patted his head. “Do you want to walk around with me a bit to get to know each other?”

 

Baekhyun nodded and followed Chanyeol around. Chanyeol was definitely taller than Baekhyun. He had to look up whenever the taller male said something and it made him feel like he was actually a girl. They walked around for a while talking about their interests, hobbies, and just basic information. Baekhyun found out that Chanyeol plays the guitar in his free time, composing songs every now and then. He learned so much more about Chanyeol than he could ever learn about when he was just observing him as a fanboy. Baekhyun was too focused on listening to Chanyeol that when he asked him a question, he responded with what Baekhyun likes to do, not Baekkie.

 

“Um, I like to play video games, mostly fps and sometimes rpg. My favourite movie would probably have to be Punch Kick Kill. I loved the gory scenes in it.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t believe what he just heard. Baekhyun responded to his questions with some really manly things that he doesn’t even do or watch. “You liked the movie Punch Kick Kill? It was too bloody for me. I couldn’t even watch half of it.”

 

After Chanyeol finished his sentence, Baekhyun finally realized what he just said.

 

WHHHYYY AM I SO STUPID?! I JUST SCREWED UP! NOW HE THINKS I’M WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!

 

“A-Ah…I also like shopping…for cute stuff…?” Baekhyun added on afterwards.

 

Chanyeol’s weird look at him then turned into a warm smile. “We should go out and shop for some cute stuff one day then, as a date.”

 

Baekhyun was extremely happy now. He was going to go on a date with Chanyeol one day. Even if it was to shop for girly things, he was happy enough to be spending a day with just Chanyeol. The two of them continued walking for a while until they reached Sehun’s house. “It was fun talking to you today.” Chanyeol took out his phone and gestured Baekhyun to take out his. Baekhyun handed him his phone and let Chanyeol type something into it. When he got his phone back, he noticed that Chanyeol’s name was in his contacts. Chanyeol had given him his phone number and put a heart beside his name too. “I’ll text you when I get home, okay? I’ll pick you up from school and walk you back home tomorrow as well. See you.”

 

Baekhyun waved Chanyeol goodbye and watched his back as he walked away. He went inside Sehun’s house and saw Sehun sitting by the stairs, eating some chips. “I saw what happened. He gave you his number. Are you two dating now?”

 

Baekhyun smiled creepily at Sehun and jumped around in his blue dress. “YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Baekhyun shouted and continued jumping around the house.

 

“But didn’t he say he was going to pick you up from the school you don’t go to tomorrow? What are you going to do?”

 

Suddenly Baekhyun remembered and stopped jumping. He dropped to the floor with his eyes wide open and jaw dropped. He had forgotten about everything after he spent time with Chanyeol. He remembered that he wasn’t actually a girl and that he didn’t go to the school he said he went to.

 

What am I going to do?!

 

Then he remembered that his older sister attended that school for a year or two and still had her uniform in her closet. He looked at Sehun again and patted him on the back. “Sehun, my dear friend. Problem solved.” He picked up his bag and went into the bathroom to change back into his school uniform. He said his goodbyes to Sehun and left to go back home, staring at Chanyeol’s name in his contacts along the way. Once he got home, he threw his bag in his room and went over to his sister’s to search for the uniform. There it sat in her closet on a hanger in the dark corner. He took it out and brushed the dust off of it.

 

Looks a bit small…

 

Baekhyun started putting it on and was surprised that the uniform fit him perfectly like the blue dress did. He started wondering if his sister bought her clothes to fit her or to fit him. He started taking the uniform off when he received a text from his phone. He dived over towards it and looked at who sent it. Chanyeol had just sent him his first text.

 

“Ahh, I’m back home now. ^^” texted Chanyeol.

 

“You arrived safely right? ;o” texted Baekhyun, trying to type something a girl would probably say.

 

“Mhm. There were some girls following me for a little while but they left once I turned into my street.” texted Chanyeol.

 

“Must be hard…” texted Baekhyun.

 

“;) it’s fine, I guess you could say I’m used to it.” texted Chanyeol.

 

“That’s not good! You shouldn’t be used to having stalkers around you!” texted Baekhyun.

 

“I guess so.” texted Chanyeol.

 

…………..how do I reply to this?..................

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol’s texted for a few minutes. Chanyeol had pretty much just ended their conversation with his three words. He didn’t know how to reply after Chanyeol left such a dead message. The words gave off a feeling that Chanyeol was annoyed, but Chanyeol was actually the opposite. He was waiting for Baekhyun to reply back to him. Still, Baekhyun didn’t know what to type so he just sent something random.

 

“The weather forecast said it was going to rain tomorrow. Maybe you shouldn’t come pick me up from school.”

 

Chanyeol read Baekhyun’s message and checked the weather forecast on his phone. It was going to rain tomorrow, but he didn’t care because he told his new girlfriend that he was going to pick her up and that’s what he was going to do.

 

“A little rain can’t hurt. Don’t worry.” texted Chanyeol.

 

I’m not really worried about you. I’ve seen you run around with Jongin in the rain before. I’m just worried that my eyeliner will wash off!!!

 

“No no no! Don’t pick me up tomorrow!” texted Baekhyun.

 

“Do you not want to see me?” texted Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun read the message and he imagined what Chanyeol would’ve looked like right now. Was he frowning? Was he going to cry if Baekhyun said he didn’t want to see him?

 

“No it’s not that! I’m just worried that you’ll catch a cold.” texted Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol read it and couldn’t help but feel his body warm up.

 

Ahh, Baekkie is too kind.

 

“And I’m worried that you’ll catch a cold if I’m not there with you. I haven’t caught a cold in a while, I’ll be fine. I have to go now. I’ll text you again tomorrow <3” texted Chanyeol.

 

“Alright! Bye~<3” texted Baekhyun.

 

Though how Baekhyun replied back made him shiver, he still enjoyed talking to Chanyeol. Chanyeol was worried about him even though he was just a random person that just confessed to him. Baekhyun couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come. His new life as Byun Baekkie began today and he was dating Park Chanyeol, the person he’s loved for a while now.

 

Tomorrow, come already…