Chapter 5

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

 

Baekhyun’s hand was in Chanyeol’s. They wandered off to the closest outdoor mall near them and started browsing at the stores there. Baekhyun saw a lot of things he wanted to buy, but since he was Baekkie right now, he knew he couldn’t. They slowed down their pace as the stores passed by. Baekhyun looked down at their hands as they walked. His hand fit perfectly inside Chanyeol’s. Chanyeol’s hand was large and boney, while his were small. He could feel his face turn even more red and his heart beating faster. Every second that passed by was a dream to Baekhyun. He never would’ve believed that he was Chanyeol’s girlfriend right now. Even though he was a boy, being around Chanyeol made him feel like he had the heart of a girl. They walked past a few stores until Chanyeol stopped and pulled Baekhyun into a girly and pink filled store. As soon as they walked in, a sweet smelling aroma surrounded them. Many of the employees inside the store wore heavy makeup and long fake eyelashes. Once Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked in, the employees batted their eyes at Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn’t notice them at all though. Right now, Baekhyun was the only one in his eyes. Baekhyun looked at all the items the store offered. Most of them were pink or white accessories like necklaces and bracelets. None of them interested him at all. Chanyeol started pulling Baekhyun towards one section of the store and showed him the accessories there. “I think these would look cute on you.” He said, pointing at a hexagon shaped necklace. He picked it up and grazed Baekhyun’s neck with his hands as he put the necklace onto him. He led Baekhyun to a mirror and showed him how well the necklace suited him. “Do you like it?”

 

Baekhyun’s hand slowly moved up towards the necklace and felt the cold material of it. Though he was really a male, it looked great on him. He was surprised at how well it fit him. He gave a slight nod to Chanyeol and smiled at him through the mirror. Chanyeol took off the necklace from his neck and held it in his hand as they browsed through more of the store. Baekhyun separated himself from Chanyeol after they finished looking at that necklace. He was on the other side of the store while Chanyeol was looking at the front of the store. As he went further into the store, he saw a section that was just for males. There was a lot of black jewelry placed at the back for males. Baekhyun scanned through the accessories and saw a necklace that looked a lot like what Chanyeol had picked out for him. It looked more manly than his. He picked it up and put it around his neck as he looked into the mirror. Chanyeol came back and saw Baekhyun trying on the necklace. “Isn’t that necklace for males?” he laughed, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s waist. Baekhyun quickly took it off and put it back into place. Chanyeol picked it up and took a closer look at it. “This looks like this one.” He said, comparing it to the one he picked out for Baekhyun. Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a smile and left a soft and gentle kiss on the side of his cheek. “Couple necklace?” Baekhyun blushed as the words ran into his ears. He didn’t think that at all but it did seem like it was.

 

After they finished looking through the store, they went over to the cash register to pay for their necklaces. Baekhyun took out his wallet to pay for his necklace but Chanyeol took it away from his hands. “What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let my girlfriend pay?” He took out a bill from his wallet and handed it to the cashier before giving Baekhyun’s wallet back to him.

 

“B-But…I could’ve paid for it…” Baekhyun mumbled loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

 

“But you’re my girlfriend, so I’m paying.” Chanyeol said, letting out a small smile. The cashier handed Chanyeol his change and the necklaces.

 

“Your girlfriend is really cute.” The cashier said.

 

Chanyeol put his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and pulled him close to his side. “I know.”

 

Those few minutes of spending time with Chanyeol in the store made him feel closer to Chanyeol than ever. Chanyeol treated him as if they went out for a long time, not feeling awkward at all. Baekhyun didn’t know if that was a good thing, but he it didn’t matter to him. After all, he knew how many girls Chanyeol went out with before. He saw him kiss many girls, but he knew that each of his kisses were meaningful and sweet. Just as they were about to walk to another store, Sehun spots them together.

 

“Baekhyun—!” he shouted.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned to the direction of the voice and saw that it was Sehun. Baekhyun’s eyes grew wider. Sehun started walking closer to the two before he suddenly remembered that Baekhyun wasn’t dating Chanyeol, it was Baekkie. “Baekhyun’s cousin!” Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol and saw that his expression was normal. He let out a sigh of relief and wiped off the sweat that formed on his forehead.

 

“Haah…Sehun…” Baekhyun said.

 

Sehun waved at Baekhyun and then at Chanyeol. Chanyeol waved back and looked at Baekhyun. “You guys must be on a date…So I’ll leave you two alone!” Sehun said as he slowly walked away from them, leaving them in an awkward position.

 

I’M GOING TO KILL YOU OH SEHUN!

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stood in their spots, not knowing what to do next. Baekhyun was too afraid to say anything or make any moves. He wondered what Chanyeol was thinking right now. Chanyeol looked down at their hands and entwined them together. “Do you want to come over to my house?” he asked. Baekhyun’s eyes grew wide. Everything was happening so fast. This was only the second day they started dating and now Chanyeol invited him over to his house. Baekhyun nodded slowly and followed Chanyeol as he led them back to his house. When they got there, Chanyeol took out his keys and unlocked the door. He opened the door and gestured Baekhyun to go inside. The house was silent. It was apparent that no one was inside his house at that time. “Ah…no one’s home right now.” Chanyeol said, rubbing the back of his neck. Baekhyun took off his shoes and followed Chanyeol up to his room. His room was a typical boy’s room. The walls were painted white and the floorboards were a light brown. All the furniture in his room was white as well and there was only a bit of colour from the books on his desk. Chanyeol sat on his bed as he watched Baekhyun look around the room. Baekhyun walked towards Chanyeol’s desk and saw a picture of him and his family in a photo frame. He picked it up and looked closer at it. The picture was of a 10 year old Chanyeol with his older brother and parents.

 

“That’s me when I was 10.”

 

Baekhyun put down the photo and continued looking around his room. He stopped in front of his bookshelf and scanned the names of the books. Most of the books were on the sciences like biology and physics.

 

“Do you want to go into science?” Baekhyun asked, using his squeaky, high-pitched voice.

Chanyeol let out a chuckle, “Yeah, I want to study biophysics. What about you?”

 

Baekhyun stayed silent and shook his head, “I don’t know yet.” He continued his journey around Chanyeol’s room until he met Chanyeol sitting on his bed. Chanyeol grabbed his arms and pulled Baekhyun into his lap. He rested his head on Baekhyun’s arm and closed his eyes. Baekhyun felt like this was the perfect time to ask Chanyeol all the questions he wanted to know.

 

“C-Chanyeol….” He mumbled.

 

Chanyeol lifted his head up and stared into Baekhyun’s eyes. Baekhyun’s throat felt dry as soon as his eyes met with Chanyeol’s. He suddenly didn’t feel like asking him anything anymore but it was too late to go back now. “………..what do you think about Baekhyun?” he asked.

 

“Baekhyun is a really good friend. He’s kind and always lets Jongin and I stay at the library in the mornings. I don’t know much about him but I want to get to know him better.”

 

Baekhyun got off Chanyeol’s lap and sat beside him on the bed.

 

A good friend…a good friend that’s right beside you…lying to you…

 

Baekhyun got up from his bed and glued his eyes to the ground. He didn’t like the fact that he had to lie to Chanyeol just to be close to him. “I suddenly don’t feel well. I’m going to go home…” He went out the door and made his way out the front door, not stopping to look back at all. He walked quickly away from Chanyeol’s house. Once he was far enough, he slowed down his pace.

 

I don’t want to lie to Chanyeol…but if I don’t…I’ll never be with him. He’ll never look at me the same way ever again… 

 


 

The next day, Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun anxiously in the library. When Baekhyun arrived, he had dark circles under his eyes. He didn’t get any sleep last night because the guilt overcame him. Chanyeol was shocked by his appearance when he walked through the library doors. Baekhyun did his best to avoid eye contact with Chanyeol and made his way to the counter. He took a seat and saw Chanyeol standing in front of him.

                                

“Baekhyun, are you okay? You look tired.” Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun nodded and pretended to be busy. Chanyeol stopped his hands from moving around and lifted Baekhyun’s chin to look at him. “Did Baekkie talk to you last night?”

 

Baekhyun’s heart squeezed when his eyes met with Chanyeol. “No…”

 

Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun’s hands. “She was weird last night…I wonder if I did anything wrong…”

 

You didn’t do anything wrong…I did something wrong…and bad to you…

 

“I guess I’ll talk to her after school.”

 

“She’s not going to school today…” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

“Is she sick?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol let out a loud sigh and smacked his head on his hand.

 

I shouldn’t have taken her out yesterday…so stupid of me.

 

Chanyeol took out his phone and started sending a text to Baekkie. After he hit send, Baekhyun’s phone buzzed in his bag. Luckily enough for him, Chanyeol didn’t hear it. He took his phone out from his bag and read the text Chanyeol sent.

 

“Baekkie, Baekhyun told me you were sick today…I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. If I hadn’t taken you out yesterday, you wouldn’t be sick. I’m sorry………..sorry.” he read.

 

Baekhyun sent a text back to Chanyeol and waited for him to read it.

 

“It’s not your fault! Let’s meet at my house today and talk.”

 

A smile slowly formed on Chanyeol’s face as he read it. It was like a whole load was just lifted off of his chest. Chanyeol looked back at Baekhyun who was pretending to read a book and gave him a hug. “Thanks.” Baekhyun’s heart beated faster. It felt like his heart was going to beat hard enough to rip his chest open. 


 

Chanyeol rushed out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang and ran over to Baekkie’s house…or Sehun’s. Baekhyun was already at his house and borrowed some of Sehun’s clothing to make it look like he was sick at home. He put on his wig and put on a little bit of makeup before Chanyeol arrived at Sehun’s house. When he was finishing up his makeup, the doorbell started ringing. Baekhyun quickly finished up and opened the door to see Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s eyes ran up and down Baekhyun’s body. Baekhyun was wearing Sehun’s t-shirt and shorts that he found in his closet.

 

His build is a little too manly for a girl…maybe it’s just me but his biceps are quite muscular……

 

Chanyeol started noticing the manly parts of Baekhyun.

 

Maybe it’s just my eyes…

 

His eyes then looked closely at Baekhyun and noticed that his chest was flat. Yesterday his chest had small hills, but today, there were no hills at all. Chanyeol started questioning himself but once he saw Baekhyun’s girly face, he doubted himself.

 

It’s probably my eyes. There’s no way Baekkie could possibly be a guy. That’s just crazy...right?