Chapter 2

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

 

It was a bright sunny morning and Baekhyun was already up and ready for school. He was in the washroom brushing his hair, getting rid of any tangles inside. After that, he headed downstairs to eat breakfast prepared by his mother. His mother had made eggs and bacon for him, and added a slice of toast as well.

 

“So, how’s everything at school? Are you keeping up with your class? Made any new friends?” his mother asked him before handing his plate of food.

 

Baekhyun got up to retrieve a fork from the kitchen drawers and thought about how he should answer the questions. “Everything is fine, just the usual boring stuff. My grades are average…nothing much to say about them, and ……………….no new friends.” He stabbed his fork into his eggs and put it in his mouth, chewing a lot before swallowing.

 

His mother shook her head at him in disappointment. “Baekhyun, Sehun can’t stay your friend forever. You guys are soon going to go on your separate ways and lose contact. Then you’ll see each other 20 years later because your kids have become friends. That’s 20 years without Sehun, son.”

 

There she goes on again about her meeting Sehun’s mom again…

 

Baekhyun nodded and finished eating his breakfast. He washed the dishes for his mother before leaving to go to school. There were already a lot of people running to school in the morning. There was 45 minutes before school would start but everyone always wanted to go early to see Chanyeol and Jongin. Baekhyun would’ve joined them as well if it wasn’t for his library duty. He had agreed to take up this job before he set his eyes on Chanyeol. He regretted it every day, but after Chanyeol and Jongin showed up in the library, he’s loved his choice. Once he got to school there were girls and some guys holding presents in their arms.

 

That girl…she’s in my class…I swear I saw her bring a present yesterday too.

 

Even though Baekhyun liked Chanyeol, he never once thought about buying presents for him. He thought it was creepy.

 

“Where is oppa? It’s about time they arrive!”

 

“They’re late!!!! Where is my oppa?!!!!”

 

The screams of the girls made Baekhyun run faster towards the library, avoiding their screams and cries that hurt his ears.

 

Geez, these girls are crazy.

 

He opened the door to the library and saw two boys sitting at a table, reading a book. Those boys were Chanyeol and Jongin. Baekhyun stumbled back at the sight of them. Why are they here? Why are they earlier than me? Were the questions that ran through his mind. Chanyeol stood up after noticing Baekhyun by the door and greeted him. “Good morning, hope we aren’t a bother.”

“A-Ah no…not a bother at all. It’s a library, you can come here whenever.” Baekhyun said, stuttering from the nervousness that passed through his body. Jongin looked up and gave Baekhyun a nod as his greeting and went back to reading his book. Chanyeol sat back down and continued reading as well, making Baekhyun feel less nervous. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and then at the book he was reading. It wasn’t a basketball book this time. It was a book about plants.

 

New information about Chanyeol acquired.

 

Chanyeol seemed to enjoy his plant book very much. Every flip of the page would bring a bigger and wider smile to his face. Baekhyun went over to his counter and observed him from afar. The view in front of him now was perfect. It was quiet in the library and the person he likes is right in front of him, reading a book about plants. What could be better? The two boys continued reading while Baekhyun was texting his friend all about it.

 

“The two pretty boys? Why are they there?” texted Sehun.

 

“No idea but PARK CHANYEOL IS IN FRONT OF ME READING!!!!!!!!” texted Baekhyun.

 

“I bet pretty boy Jongin is sleeping.” texted Sehun.

 

“How’d you know?” texted Baekhyun.

 

“He’s always sleeping in class. I’m in the same class remember?” texted Sehun.

 

“Oh right, I forgot. He was reading before…or I think he was. He had the book covering his face before but now it fell over. I guess he was sleeping.” texted Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun continued to text Sehun, not noticing that Chanyeol and Jongin were standing in front of him. “Excuse me, we want to sign out these books. I returned the book I borrowed yesterday already.”

 

Baekhyun dropped his phone and pushed it aside, turning red from the embarrassment. “I’m sorry…” he mumbled.

 

Chanyeol let out a quiet laugh and pasted a smile on his face. Baekhyun checked out the book for him and handed it back to him. “Thank you.” Chanyeol said, before leaving the library.

 

After the two of them left, Baekhyun picked up his phone and texted Sehun again.

 

“Aahh, Chanyeol is too cute.”

 

“Go ask him out then.” texted Sehun.

 

“ARE YOU CRAZY? Chanyeol only likes girls and the last time I checked, I wasn’t anywhere near a girl.” texted Baekhyun.

 

“Your face is close enough though. Just pretend you’re a girl then. He probably won’t notice. If he does, he’s too kind to say it.” texted Sehun.

 

Sehun was right. Even if Chanyeol found out that he was a girl, he wouldn’t get angry. He’s too nice to be angry. No one ever saw Chanyeol or Jongin angry anyways, so it was worth a shot.

 

“Would it work?” texted Baekhyun.

 

“Why not.” texted Sehun.

 

When school ended, Baekhyun ran home and to his older sister’s room. He was only a few years older than him and didn’t have too much of a small body.

 

Her clothes should fit me…right? It’s worth a try…right? Chanyeol won’t notice…right….?

 

Baekhyun started taking out clothes he found cute and tried them on in front of a mirror.

 

“WAAH, THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING!” he shouted, after looking at his reflection. He had chosen a blue dress from his sister’s closet. He knew it would look good on a girl, but forgot that it would look really bad on a guy like him. “Maybe if I put on a……..wig?”

 

He left the house and went out to buy a wig. After looking through all the selections, he ended up purchasing a long brown wig. The people at the store looked at him oddly, wondering what he was going to do with the wig. Luckily he put on a cap before leaving the house, covering most of his face. He got back home quickly and put the wig on himself, looking into the mirror afterwards. There reflected was a cute girl. “Is this really me? I look like a girl! Is this a bad or good thing……?”

 

He tried on the blue dress again and that made him look even more like a girl, except that now he had hairy legs and hairy arms being exposed. Baekhyun started making his way towards the bathroom to look for his sister’s razors, not noticing the person standing by the door. “Baekhyun…what are you doing with my dress?” Baekhyun froze up, eyes making contact with the person at the door, his older sister.

 

“This isn’t what it looks like!” he shouted, trying to cover his exposed skin.

 

His sister looked up and down, examining every part of him. “You’re a boy……………….BUT YOU’RE PRETTIER THAN ME?! WHAT IS THIS?!”

 

Baekhyun wasn’t exprecting this from his sister at all. He thought his sister would scream and freak out that he was wearing her clothes and a wig that he bought, instead of wondering why he was prettier than her. “U-Umm…”

 

“No need to say anything, Baekhyun. I know what’s going on. You want to befriend this girl at school and tell her all about you so she falls in love with you! I got it, Baekhyun. I understand. If you need any more clothes, feel free to look through my closet whenever you want. I don’t want to stop my brother from finding love! There are some shaving cream and razors in the bathroom cupboards as well. I’ll keep this a secret from dad. Mom won’t mind either so, GOOD LUCK!”

 

He wasn’t sure what to say now. His sister was helping him instead of yelling at him.

 

………….I’ll just ignore her and pretend I didn’t hear anything…………

 

He went into the bathroom to find his sister’s razors and shaving cream. Before starting to shave he said his goodbyes to the friends that have been with him since he was born, just living on his legs and arms. “I’m sorry everyone but it’s time for you to go………As much as I want you to stay here with me, I’m afraid I can’t keep you here. I’m sorry…goodbye.” He said as he started shaving his hairy legs. After the painfully long shaving time was over, he looked into the mirror again and looked more like a girl now. His legs were slim like a girl and so were his arms. One thing that was missing from his look though, was makeup. He looked through his sister’s makeup bag and found something that was called eyeliner. “Guyliner, the eyeliner that will attract men. Can’t hurt to try.” He started putting the eyeliner on and soon enough, he really did look like a real girl.

 

His sister came walking into the bathroom to see how he was doing and was surprised by his look. “Baekhyun, is that really you?” she asked, confirming whether or not the person standing in front of her really was her brother.

 

“Yes….”

 

She held up her hands and showed Baekhyun something that looked like padding. “Silicone paddings for your non-existent s.” She looked overly happy when she said that. Baekhyun took one look at them and tried his best to close the door on his sister.

 

“YOU’RE CRAZY! LIKE HELL AM I WEARING THOSE!” Baekhyun shouted, forcing the door to close on his sister.

 

His sister pushed the door back against him and screamed, “OH YES YOU ARE! YOU WANT THAT GIRL RIGHT?! I KNOW YOU DO! NOW PUT THEM ON!”

 

After a 30 minute battle, Baekhyun eventually lost and had to place the silicone paddings into a bra his sister gave him. “You are the worst sister a person could ever have…………”

 

“Hey, hey, hey, I’m just trying to give you a better chance of getting this girl alright?”

 

The doorbell soon started ringing. Baekhyun went down to answer it, forgetting that he was dressed like a girl and opened the door to face his best friend, Oh Sehun. Sehun’s eyes grew wider immediately after setting his eyes on the person in front of him. “That’s not you right?”

 

Baekhyun averted his eyes from Sehun and stared onto the ground. Sehun patted his face and placed his hands onto Baekhyun’s fake s. “Not bad. I’d date you if I didn’t know you were a guy.”

 

Baekhyun pushed Sehun’s hands away and sent him a deadly glare, “Tell anyone about this and you won’t see tomorrow.”

 

Sehun laughed. He closed the door behind him before nodding at Baekhyun. “I was the one that suggested it anyways. It’s fine. Never actually thought you’d really do it. You look pretty though. Too pretty. Are you sure you were born as a boy? I have a feeling you were born a girl but just got your friend down there attached on later.”

 

“Very funny. This better work. If it doesn’t, you’re dead, Oh Sehun.”