Chapter 9

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

If it helps for you to get the feel of this chapter lmao, i wrote this while listening to Henry's "My Everything" so you could listen to that ;D

-----------------

Why am I running? Why?

 

Chanyeol’s body chased after Baekhyun’s on its own. If he was in control, he wouldn’t have moved from that spot at all. He would’ve left Baekhyun to be by himself and follow what he thought was what his heart had wanted. Obviously, his body disagreed with his heart and did what it thought was right. As he ran down the street, looking left and right for Baekhyun, he was not anywhere to be found. Chanyeol panted with each step he took. Sweat ran down his face as he ran.

 

Baekhyun…where could you be?

 

His legs were getting heavier and heavier. Before he noticed, he had been running for over half an hour already, searching for Baekhyun the whole time. His legs finally gave in and Chanyeol fell to the ground, exhausted. Each breath he took was deep. He was completely exhausted, but that didn’t stop him from finding Baekhyun.

 

Where could he possibly be? Maybe at his house?

 

He rested on the side of the road for a little while before getting back up and running over to the house that Baekhyun claimed was his. When the house was in his view, he sprinted on over to the door and rang the doorbell. It took a while for someone to come and open the door. Chanyeol was getting impatient. Finally someone opened the door but it wasn’t someone Chanyeol wanted to see at the moment. Sehun had answered the door.

 

“Ah, can I help you with anything” Sehun asked, giving Chanyeol weird looks.

 

Chanyeol catched his breath and stared straight into Sehun’s eyes. “Where is Baekhyun?!”

 

Sehun leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms. “I don’t know, but since you look like that I’m sure you did something wrong.”

 

“I was being a jerk… Do you know where Baekhyun could possibly be? Anywhere he often spends time at?”

 

Sehun stared up at the ceiling and thought. “Well the only places I could think of are the public library just down the road or my house. Obviously he isn’t at mine right now so…”

 

Before Sehun could finish his sentence, Chanyeol had already dashed away towards the public library. Sehun sighed and closed the door behind him. “You know you can’t hide forever right?” He turned around and there Baekhyun was, sitting on the ground.

 

Baekhyun nodded and hid his face in his arms. Sehun grabbed hold of Baekhyun’s arm and pulled him up. He dragged him over to the bathroom and helped him wash his face, removing all the eyeliner from his face. He grabbed an extra towel from under the cupboards and wiped Baekhyun’s wet face with it. “Don’t let one guy make you feel like okay?”

 

Words wouldn’t come out of his mouth. All he could do was nod at everything Sehun said. Every time Baekhyun nodded, Sehun let out a sigh. “Baek, you know I really hate seeing this side of you okay? Stop being like this…”

 

Baekhyun started forcing a smile. He slapped his cheeks hard and smiled widely at Sehun. “You’re right! I shouldn’t let someone like him do this to me! He doesn’t deserve me! …and I don’t deserve him…” Just when he started smiling, it faded away quickly when he thought of Chanyeol again.

 

“Come on, Baek. Let’s do something to get your mind off him.” Sehun smiled and pulled Baekhyun up to his room in hopes to make him forget everything that happened today.

 


Chanyeol ran over to the public library and pushed the doors open, making them slam against the wall. He immediately apologized for disturbing everyone and searched each aisle and corner for Baekhyun. Still he was nowhere to be found. Chanyeol took out his phone and dialed Baekhyun’s number. He listened to the ring of the phone and after a few seconds, someone picked up.

 

“Baekhyun, where are you?” Chanyeol asked.

 

There was silence.

 

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol muttered.

 

“I’m guessing Baekhyun gave you my number…ugh…it’s Sehun again…” he answered and hung up right after. “Seriously Baekhyun, stop giving away people’s addresses and numbers without their permission.”

 

Baekhyun felt a bit better now and laughed at what Sehun said. “Sorry, sorry! I promise there won’t be a next time!”

 

Chanyeol went through his contacts and dialled “Baekkie’s” number, hoping it would be Baekhyun’s real number. The phone rang and rang but no answer. It was definitely Baekhyun’s real number this time. Chanyeol sighed and put the phone in his back pocket.

 

Baekhyun…I’m sorry…

 


After searching for Baekhyun with no luck, Chanyeol decided to head back home with hopes that he would see him at school the next day.

 

“So how did your date go?” asked Jongin the next day.

 

Chanyeol rested his forehead on his arm as he waited in the library with Jongin that morning. He shook his head and clenched his other hand, “I screwed up, badly…”

 

Jongin sprawled out onto the table, “Either you tried to make a move on her or…”

 

“I found out Baekkie was actually Baekhyun…” Chanyeol finished.

“Or that. How did you find out?”

 

“His sister thought I already knew and…”

 

“Ahh, I get it now. What did you do then? Did you overreact?”

 

Chanyeol smacked his forehead on the table and groaned.

 

Jongin patted his head and sat up straight. “What are you going to do now?”

 

“I tried to find him yesterday but I couldn’t at all. He disappeared completely or something…He wouldn’t answer his phone and Sehun didn’t know where he was either. Now I’m just waiting for him to appear here.” Chanyeol explained. He was still depressed and worried about Baekhyun. He couldn’t possibly have quit helping out at the library right? He had to arrive some time soon.

 

Chanyeol and Jongin sat in the library just waiting for him to arrive but he never did. There was five more minutes until the bell for first period would ring. It was clear now that Baekhyun wasn’t going to arrive. Jongin got up from his seat and stretched, “Well I’m gonna head to class now. You should too.”

 

Chanyeol nodded but didn’t move from his spot. He continued to stare at the counter that Baekhyun would sit at whenever he was on duty. The library felt lonely now that Baekhyun wasn’t here anymore. Even with Jongin around, it wasn’t the same without Baekhyun. Soon the bell rang and Chanyeol was forced to leave the library and attend class. Even as he was walking towards his classroom, he hoped Baekhyun would just appear out of nowhere like in the dramas he always watched, so he could chase after him. Sadly, it didn’t happen and Chanyeol arrived at class without even a slight glance of Baekhyun.

 

Once all his classes ended, he went to look for Baekhyun again. This time with Jongin’s help. 

 


“Get your up!”

 

“Ahhh! Leave me alone, I’m sleeping!”

 

“Don’t make me kick you off!”

 

Baekhyun gave in and dragged himself off the bed, using the wall to help himself up. He fell asleep at Sehun’s house last night after they gamed for way too long. He skipped school and slept in instead, missing breakfast and lunch as well. Sehun followed Baekhyun around as he went to the bathroom to clean up. “I heard he was waiting for you in the library…Jongin told me.” Sehun said as he watched Baekhyun splash cold water against his skin.

 

He started to brush his teeth with the extra toothbrush Sehun gave him and ignored what he said. “Baekhyun, I know you heard me.”

 

Baekhyun sighed, “Just for today, don’t mention him at all…just for today…okay?”

 

“Fine… But after today, you’re going to have to sort things out with him properly. I don’t want to be stuck in the middle of this, got it?”

“Mmm…got it.”

--------------

this chapter was a bit boring to write after a while ;D

hopefully it wasn't too boring for you to read