Chapter 10

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

The day continued on with Baekhyun still at Sehun’s house. Sehun decided to skip school that day as well to spend time with his depressed friend, trying his best to cheer him up in any way he can.

 

“I’m telling you, you’re supposed to put in the eggs before the milk! God, why are you making things so difficult?! This is just a damn cake!” Sehun shouted when Baekhyun started to put in the milk into their cake batter before the eggs. After gaming for way too long last night, they had no more interest in playing games. Having nothing else to do that day, they ended up baking a cake.

 

“But here it says—”

 

“I don’t care what it says, put the eggs in before the milk. I’m not having you ruin my cake.” Sehun said.

 

Geez, this hyung trying to ruin my cake…not happening…

 

Why is Sehun getting all worked up over this cake…haah…well at least my mind is off of that certain person.

 

Baekhyun followed what Sehun told him to and put in the eggs before the milk. He started mixing the batter at different paces. “Sooooo, why are we making a cake?” he asked.

 

“No reason…there’s nothing else to do. My head hurts from gaming too much anyways.” Sehun mumbled as he pre-heated the oven.

 

Baekhyun nodded at his response and continued to mix the batter slowly. There was silence between them for a while. During that silence, Baekhyun had Chanyeol running through his mind. What was he doing right now? What was he thinking? These sorts of questions ran through his mind endlessly. Sehun took a glance at Baekhyun and noticed that his eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were pouting. He walked over to Baekhyun’s side and sat down beside him, turning his face to face his. “Seriously, stop thinking about him. Didn’t you tell me to stop mentioning him so you didn’t have to think about him? Stop torturing yourself with thoughts of him.” Baekhyun sighed and nodded.

 

After the batter was well mixed, they placed it into a cake tray and put it into the oven to cook.

 

“Now all we have to do is wait.” Sehun said, cleaning the dirty utensils they used. Baekhyun helped wipe them clean next to him and placed them into the cupboards. Once they were done, they sat at the kitchen table and waited for the cake to finish baking. Sehun kept his eyes on Baekhyun, making sure he wasn’t thinking of Chanyeol during that time. Once in a while, he could see tears beginning to form in Baekhyun’s eyes, but after a while, they would disappear with no trace. Sehun didn’t like seeing Baekhyun like this. He preferred the Baekhyun that had no care in the world. The Baekhyun that was always smiling happily wherever and whenever. He liked that Baekhyun. But now that he was down in the ditches he himself felt depressed and upset, seeing his best friend like this. 

 


 “Alright, the cake is done. What now? It doesn’t look good enough to eat…” Baekhyun said after taking a burnt up cake from the oven.

 

Sehun looked at the cake and was in disbelief.

 

It’s not supposed to look like this…why doesn’t it look like a cake…what is this?

 

“…………………I told you to put the milk in before the eggs………………” Sehun mumbled under his breath.

 

Baekhyun heard a bit of what he said, “You told me—”

 

“I didn’t tell you anything…what are you talking about…?”

 

“Ah...pfft… nevermind then.” Baekhyun said, falling into Sehun’s blame. “What are we going to do with this then?”

 

Sehun frowned and crossed his arms, “Give it to that Jongin…”

 

“B-but…”

 

“He won’t notice it’s burnt if we cover it up in frosting and make it look pretty.”

 

“B-but why Jongin?”

 

“What, you want to give it to Chanyeol instead?” Sehun asked.

 

Baekhyun thought for a while and shook his head. “No…”

 

“Well then the only person we have left is Jongin. So let’s make it look nice and give it to him tomorrow alright?”

 


“Soooo…you and Sehun baked a cake yesterday for me?” Jongin asked once he was handed the cake by Baekhyun.

 

“You could say that…”

 

“I’ll eat it happily with Chanyeol then.” Jongin said, hugging the cake box closer to his chest.

 

“Aaah, Chanyeol can’t eat that…just don’t let him eat it.” Baekhyun mumbled, turning around and leaving Jongin standing alone in the library.

 

Jongin watched him leave and placed the box on the table. “I’ll eat it alone while I wait for Chanyeol to get here then.”

 

Five minutes passed and finally Chanyeol arrived. Chanyeol stepped into the library and saw Jongin making a foul face. He looked at the open cake box and saw a small piece ripped out from it.

 

“What is that?” he asked, taking a seat in front of Chanyeol.

 

Jongin immediately closed the cake box and pushed it aside. “A disgusting burnt cake made from Sehun’s hatred for me.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and pressed his lips together. “Did Baekhyun come by here today?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, he did.”

 

“Did he say anything?”

 

“He just gave me this cake and told me to not let you eat it. Now I know why… Seems like he still cares about you.” Jongin said, resting his head on the table.

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh, “I still haven’t seen him at all.”

                                                         

Jongin patted his friend’s shoulder, “Just wait, I’m sure he’ll come talk to you if you just give him some space for now.”

 

“Hopefully…”

---------------

sorry for the long wait ><

school is finally done for me so I'll try my best to update as fast and I can

I tried my best to make them not talk it out that fast but oh god was that hard ;D

next chapter they will finally talk it over :3 so wait for it~ ;D 

I'll make it better to read too ;D this chapter kind of didn't it...

it was random too but yeah :D 

this fic will probably end soon ;D sooooo look forward to the end I guess? 

thank you to all my subscribers and upvoters and and ;D commenters and viewers and EVERYONE! <3