Don't Burn

AKB48 ONE-SHOT Anthology

Matsui Jurina was a nice girl with a bright smile. She was a wonderful child who was bright as well as athletic. She just happened to be born in the wrong world with the wrong scenarios. Even the positive puppy sometimes thought that way.

She was born in a depression. Her father was a single man. He lost his job. Like anything, went to the drunkard state and then into that stupid death that she didn’t care much for. Thus, Matsui Jurina was left alone. Depressions can stay forever and that’s how it seemed to be.

In this cold world, she was without a home or warmth. Well, basically the poor girl was like a homeless beggar.

One day, she happened upon a plump man huddled around a can lit with a fire. She looked at the fire longingly. It was so cold outside on that day. The plump man’s name was Akimoto. He smiled and said, “Feel free to come over to the fire for warmth.”

“Ah…Thank you!” Jurina grinned broadly and quickly went over to the warmth.

It was so nice how there were nice people out there. The fire was so warm. The man seemed quite kind. All that wasn’t noticed was the fact that the flames were beginning to surround Jurina like a snake. Akimoto didn’t move to help, but just watched.

The end result of no one helping would be the same as death. Akimoto should have helped. He just didn’t. It was just like the Grimm’s fairy tale in which the old lady is burnt to death after catching on flames and the owner of the flames not helping.

Of the rich people in this snake eat snake world, there was one peculiar one. A nice pale girl with long black hair by the name of Matsui Rena was passing by at the moment. Unlike anyone else, she pointed out the truth.

“Hey, you’re catching on fire.” Without thinking, she dumped a bucket of ice cold water onto Jurina.

Jurina yelped in surprise. All the flames went out. It must’ve seemed kind of inconsiderate. Akimoto simply watched though. His expression was extremely hard to read.

“Wha-what…was that for…?”

“Well…sorry, but you were catching on fire.”

Then, Jurina sneezed, “…Achooo!!!”

“…Hmm…,” Rena pondered before deciding, “…okay, I’m taking you home with me.”

Before Jurina could respond any further, the rich girl snapped her fingers. A huge limo came over. Was this even a depression? Who knew. In the limo was a butler as well as a chauffeur. Jurina was thrown into the car and Rena kidnapped her happily ever after.

The End

“Waiiiit!! What’s happening!!???” “Even though I secretly want to kiss her…” “Please don’t go putting random thoughts into the mind of someone you don’t know the name of…”