It's a Feudalistic World After All Cont.

AKB48 ONE-SHOT Anthology

 

“Princess Mayu!! Come back here please!!” A pale and frail looking girl with long black hair yelled out to the princess as they ran around in a game of cat and mouse.

Standing against a wall looking at the two was another tall girl with long black hair. She was wearing a black blazer and dark short jeans. In her hand was a dark book. Both of the tall girls were bodyguards of the princess, but the pale girl had a delinquent like outfit, a greenish jacket over a black school uniform along with numerous chain-like decorations. Strangely enough, the girl was very nice and proper.

Both of the bodyguards had a poor background. Due to that, they were actually not candidates for being the bodyguards of the princess. The candidates were all suitors from high class nobles. Of course, the princess, Mayu, nearly completely ignored the system and somehow got them the job. Their names were Kashiwagi Yuki and Matsui Rena.

Due to the fact that neither was extremely athletic and Mayu was faster, Rena was not even close to catching her. The country was mostly peaceful due to peace treaties that Mayu made, but her father was a kind of annoying person that believes in a feudal system where the king is boss, next comes the nobles, then the knights, and the merchants, then the farmers, and what’s left is the trash. He was obviously not going to let Mayu succeed the throne so easily with her view points.

“Yuki! Help me!” Rena gave up and went towards the girl that was standing against the large stone wall around the courtyard that they were playing around in.

Yuki looked at Rena without emotions and after fiddling around with her book for a few seconds, put it down and went ahead to catch the princess that really wasn’t a cyborg as some people call her. Speed, that was her specialty. She immediately caught the princess who just for your information was wearing a somewhat un-royal outfit, a school uniform. It was somewhat like a private school’s uniform, so it was formal, but not formal at the same time. No one could control Watanabe Mayu though.

The only way to control the girl was by force and usually she somehow found a way around in the end. That was why she called herself Nezumi. Well, she never told Yuki due to the fact that she was not aware that Yuki was BLACK. It was clear why she couldn’t tell that Yuki was BLACK, BLACK was a crybaby when she met her after all.

After catching Mayu, Yuki handed her to Rena. Then, she went ahead to get her book again. From the book, somewhat faded pink ribbons slightly fell out. Quickly, Yuki tucked them back into the book, but that action didn’t go unnoticed by the mouse.

Mayu asked herself: Didn’t I give pink ribbons to that girl BLACK back then? Yuki is somewhat like her, but different as well. They both have the same style, but then again, their personalities are pretty different. Then again, my time with BLACK was less than an hour.

Suddenly, interrupting their seemingly peaceful moment, a soldier with medium length black hair and a puppy like mouth that was curled into a frown came running over. She had a worried look on her face and was panting quite hard.

Even though she seems like an irresponsible little brat, Mayu was good at separating work from life. Life was basically work if you were in the royal family, so that was a very hard thing to do.

“What’s going on?”

Still trying to catch her breath, the soldier answered in a rush, “…..the opposing army of Rappappa is attacking….We’re losing.”

Rappappa was a group of people that was against the way King Watanabe ruled his country. They were a rebellion, but under normal circumstances, Mayu would have probably chosen to go to their side. She actually agreed with how they wanted the country to be, but hated their methods. She used underhanded tricks, but humans can be hypocrites.

“What in the world are the generals and cavalry doing!?”

Sometimes, she becomes very serious. Of course, that scares the hell out of nearly everyone besides Yuki and Rena.

“……They were put to sleep, many of them are injured………”

Put to sleep means, sleep drugged or dead. Seeing as the soldier said that many were injured, it meant that they were drugged. It was better than numerous casualties, but Mayu really hated the fact that a happy day can turn into something so messes up. This was how it ended up though.

Yuki and Rena were standing by as they watched the scene unfold. They had seen how Mayu acted when Rappappa attacked, but there was never anything so large scale before. Actually to tell the truth, the group had discussed and said that they though the leaders of the group were ok since they wouldn’t hurt people without meaning. The main problem were the lackeys.

There was a moment of silence. The soldier’s eyes widened as she saw a figure climb onto the wall. There was an archer there. He was dressed in camouflage, so he had blended in until this moment. The sky was definitely not showing the situation like those picture books that the princess enjoyed making and reading.

One arrow came flying down. It missed, but cut a bit of Rena’s hair. Threats weren’t a good thing when attacking that girl. Sadly, she was unable to climb the wall, so Rena could not go mad and destroy him. Then, another arrow came down, it was aimed at the soldier. Rena, something made her decide to save the soldier. She put herself in the way and stopped the arrow. Though it was not able to be explained at the time, Rena had a certain defect in her head that caused her to be unable to feel pain. It got clearer if she turned spicy(gekikara), but she can’t do that due to the range differences.

“Idiot, get back here!” Yuki yelled out as she quickly came in front of the princess.

Another arrow came down, aimed at Mayu. Fast as she was, Yuki wasn’t that great at blocking things or stopping them. So she held out the book and the arrow came stabbing through. Amazingly, the ribbons were the things stopping the arrow after the arrow basically tore through the book. ‘What were those things made of?’ , that was what was showing on her face that the moment.

“Ah…. Those ribbons… I knew it….BLACK..” Mayu was somewhat surprised. Now she was sure that this was BLACK.

Yuki never told anyone the name BLACK besides that girl, Nezumi. Her eyes widened in surprise. How easily she destroyed her built up personality was just a legend, an amazing thing.

“Oh, so you’re Nezumi… I guess that makes sense.”

They stared into each other’s eyes for a bit. But then they were interrupted by the sound of a soft landing on the grass in the courtyard. The puppy soldier hugged Rena tightly while looking at the tall sadistic looking person and midget squirrel that landed.

“……Oshima Yuko, the boss of Rappappa, I presume?”

The squirrel put up her hands and smiled. She was not in an attacking stance, but Yuki was glaring at her. It seemed that there was a warm feeling developing towards Mayu and Yuki was not about to let this weird squirrel kill Mayu.

“Hey, hey. It’s not like I ordered this attack.”

A dark aura consumed everyone there at the moment. Then, a midget with a ponytail suddenly came tumbling down. Due to the humor from the failed landing from the midget, Takamina, everyone started smiling unintentionally.

Getting up as if nothing happened, Takamina cleared . “I’m sorry to say, but Torigoya has taken over the Watanabe Empire.”

The atmosphere once again turned dark, but Yuko interrupted this time. With a smile, she proposed to the soldier, Rena, Yuki, and Mayu, “Let’s join forces for now. We can go against each other when we take down my NyanNyan.”

Everyone was reluctant, but slowly, Mayu gave in. She shook hands with Yuko. After her, Yuki, Rena, and the soldier whose name was Jurina just for your information followed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oshiri?”

“Oshiri!”