2008, March 31. (2008 년 3 월 31 일)

Unforeseen Rencontrer

 

2008, March 31.

“Yah! YOO YOUNG JAE!” I yelled at the top of my voice. This YoungJae always annoys the crap out of me.

“Blehhhh! You can’t catch me Jaerin!!” He ran away from my clutches.

“YOU BETTER RUN. DON’T MAKE ME CATCH YOU. YOU’LL DIE IF YOU GET CAUGHT.” I clenched my teeth.

Okay. Deep breathe Jaerin. Take a deep breathe. I inwardly rolled my eyes.

I got home, took off my shoes and threw my bag onto the couch almost hitting Tigger. The impact woke Tigger up and she glared at me for a moment before

“Meowwwww.” I heard Tigger purring on the couch while her fur. “Good afternoon Tigger. I’m home.” I grinned at her. I walked towards my house phone, grabbed it and punched in Jongup’s mobile number.

He picked up the phone after a few rings.

“Noona, noona!”

“Jonguppieeeeeeeeeee. Are you free? Let’s go for a jog later in the evening.”

“Ne Noona. Did YoungJae hyung pissed you off again, noona?” he asked. Always knowing what’s going on. My sweet Jongup.

“B-I-N-G-O. now please accompany me later.” I whined.

“hahaha. Okay noona. I’ll come by your house at 6pm.”

“Yay! Love you! See you later! Hehe.”

“Love you too , Noona!”

And we hung up the phone.

Sigh. I can’t believe YoungJae skipped another year of middle school. This means that he’ll be going to high school while I’m stuck here in middle school. UGH! Now we can’t really hang out much… I frown.

I know I should be happy for him but it’s just annoying. He’s the only same age friend I have. I’m kind of like a loner in school. Although Jongup is in the same school and is only a year apart, he has his own kind of friends. You know, cool ones that can dance. That doesn’t want to hang out with a nobody like me.

SIGH. I should just………………………….

I sat down on the couch next to Tigger and she crawled onto my lap. I took out my Samsung mobile phone and saw a few text messages. I unlocked my phone and open the messages.

From : YoungJae

Jaerin ah. I know you’re angry. I’m sorry. I would like to reject the offer but my parents… Please reply me back.

(Received an hour ago)

He must have sent me the text right after he ran off. Aigo… I can’t stay mad with him forever, can I?

 

From : Himchan Oppa

Ya babo. ^.^ I’m bringing my friend over after school. He’s going to sleep here for the night. We’re going to have some study session together. Make sure the house is decent! Saranghae Jaerin ah. <3

(Received 30 minutes ago)

 

Are you kidding me?  I looked around the house and sigh in relief upon seeing how the house is quite clean if you neglect my socks on the floor, bag on the couch and shoes messily placed at the front door. What? I was never a neat person. Let me stress that. NEVER.

 

From: Yoo Young Jae

Babee, please reply me. L If you don’t reply me in 5 minutes, I’ll be very sad. Jaerin ahh. Forgive me. T.T hukk.

(Received 15 minutes ago)

YoungJae ahh. I was about to text him back when I heard the front door being unlock. Knowing that it must've been oppa, I ran towards all of my disoriented shoes and hurriedly placed them nicely, grabbed my socks and bag and ran towards my room.

“I’m home! Jaerin ah. Are you back yet?” Oppa’s voice echoed in the empty living room. “Aigo, where is this girl. gukkie, you can just place your shoes here. Why don’t you head towards my room first. I’ll be up in a while. I’m going to get some snacks.” I heard him convers to his friend.

Gukkie? Never heard of his name before.

“Sorry for intruding!” A familiar voice called out. Yongguk oppa?! I mentally screamed.

“Tigger ah! Is that you?! You’ve grown fatter!” I heard his cheerful laughter. IT IS HIM OMG. I heard footsteps going up the stairs. I paced back and forth in my room, feeling rather perplexed. Why is my heart pumping at a rather high speed? Do I…?

I quickly changed into a pair of fresh jogging clothes, grabbed a towel and my phone. I can avoid them. I can avoid them. I mentally chant.

I slowly open my door slightly and peeked through the gap.

“Jaerin?”

OH CRAP.

 

---------------