Trial One (시험 하나)

Unforeseen Rencontrer

2008, May 5.

So, we came out with this crazy idea.

We decided to test how much Yongguk likes me.

“There’s nothing we can do about it. We can’t turn back the time. Let’s just have fun with it.” Was what YoungJae said.

Adding, “But, if I were to die in his hands, I’ll come haunt you.”

Now, let the fun begin?

 

2008, May 7

I waited outside of oppa’s high school waiting for them to come out. Since all 4 of us are going out for dinner. It’s what we usually do every Wednesday.


I saw YoungJae and Himchan oppa walking while talking and noticed Yongguk behind them.


“Oppa!” I waved at them. I observed how Yongguk oppa’s head snap up to my direction.


“Oh! Jaerin ah!” They waved back. Somehow, Yongguk looked happy to see me. But his face hastily darkened after he saw me place my arm around YoungJae’s waist.

There’s nothing shocking about it actually, we always do that to one another. I have a feeling that this… game will be easier than I thought.


YoungJae patted my head and gave me a gleeful smile. We walked in front arms around each other’s waists while Himchan and Yongguk followed from behind.


All 4 of us walked towards the frequently visited restaurant. The restaurant owned by Yongguk’s relative.

“Welcome, Mr Bang junior.” The waitress bowed at him. He bowed back slightly and the rest of  us followed. After which, the waitress ushered us to the VIP room. I kept asking Yongguk whether he comes from a wealthy family but he only said that his uncle was the only rich one. But somehow, I won’t believe him even though he insisted.


YoungJae sat down and patted the chair next to him and told me to sit. I sat down obediently and pulled my chair in. Himchan oppa took the chair in front of YoungJae and sat while Yongguk sat in front of me… Awkward~


As we sat down and ate, we had small talks between bites and laughter but Yongguk would just eat his meal quietly with his eyes down glaring at YoungJae and me. Himchan oppa would occasionally asked him if he’s alright…


“Yah, Gukkie, Are you alright? Are you having any problems?” Himchan oppa voiced out.


“Nope…” He answered and gave Himchan a small reassuring smile and goes back to staring at us.


YoungJae grabbed my hand from below the table and squeezed it hard. Was this what YoungJae meant?


I gave Yongguk a small smile and he didn’t flinch a bit. He just kept glaring at us.


Something tells me that this game won’t be beneficial.


After dinner which seemed to last a super long time, we all headed back home. Since YoungJae lived nearby, the 3 of us separated from Yongguk. Finally.

------
 

“YOU WHAT?!” Himchan shrieked. His eyes wide open.
 

“Oh my god. Why did you decide to do such a thing?” He continued
 

“Do you know what will happened?” again.
 

“Do you know what might happen?!?” and again.
 

“OMG. YOU GUYS HAVE NO CLUE DO YOU?!” and again.
 

“AND I CANT BELIEVE YOU CHOSE YOUNGJAE” and again.
 

“ITS UNBELIEVABLE.”
 

“JAERIN.”
 

“I THOUGHT YOU LIKE HIM”
 

“WHAT HAPPENED?!”
 

“DID SOMETHING HAPPEN?” sigh.
 

“OPPA CHILL.” I calmed him down.
 

“No, No I can’t! YoungJae, you know how he is like right? When things don’t go his way?”


“Yes hyung… I do.” YoungJae looked down. “But he needs to know that the world doesn’t revolves around him.” YoungJae looked into Himchan oppa’s eyes with determination.


Himchan scrunched up his face; thinking. Genius, kind hearted YoungJae strikes again. Oppa always fall for his genius-ness. He’s a dork. That’s what Himchan oppa is.


5


4


3


2


1


“Count me in!” Himchan grinned. “This shall be called mission ‘Yongguk needs to change his habit’!”


“Aigo, oppa…” I laughed at his limited brain cells.

 

2008, 8 May.


“WHAT? OPPA. WHY!?” I whined


“It’s a great idea! ! until he explodes!” Himchan oppa maliciously voiced his plan.


“But whyyyyyyyyyyy. Why do I have to go to school with him alone?!” I cried.


“Because his armors will be down when he’s with you! He’ll be less tense since he likes you!” Oppa tried to reason with me.


I shot glares and him and stomped my feet.


“FINE.”


“Good girl!” Oppa patted my head. “I LOVE YOU!” He shouted before I shut the door on his face.


“pfht. Yeahyeah.” I slowly walked towards the path which led to Yongguk oppa’s house. Apparently, YoungJae liked oppa’s idea and
went to school first. I mentally slapped myself.


I can do this.


Who am I kidding.


I like him.


I can’t do this.


My heart starts to pick up a beat.


As I got nearer to yongguk’s house, I saw a figure waiting outside. His body leaning onto the wall and his legs were arranged in the
iest position. He looks like he’s having a photo shoot.


I coyly paced towards him.


“H..Hi” I awkwardly greeted him. He looked at me and behind me to see if there’s anyone else.


“YoungJae went to school first and Himchan oppa… He well, he said he’s meeting his friend and told me to go to school with… with
you.” I mumbled.


“Uh. Oh… Um. Okay…” he nodded.


The walk to school was super uncomfortable. He was walking slowly behind me and I was walking at my usual pace.


I need to talk to him about something…


“So…”


“You both don’t look good together.” He interrupted. “YoungJae and you. You don’t suit each other.” He continued.


I cleared my throat and stopped my steps making him almost bumping into me. I twirled on my heels and faced him.


“Why?” I questioned staring straight into his eyes. It happens sometimes, this courage from within.


“You just don’t.” He avoided my gaze. “Why?...” He paused and cleared his cracked voice.


“Why must it be him?” He sighed.


“Why can’t it be him?” I shot him back.


“Why can’t it be me?” He grabbed my shoulders making me lose my balance.


It’s those eyes again. The same one he gave me when I rejected him. He makes me want to grasp him and succumb into a hug…


Unknowingly, I position my arms out towards his crown and brought it close to mine. I let go and seized his torso. Warmth.


We stood there in the almost-winter weather in the most unexpected hug.


Then I realized.

Just how much.

He meant to me and how much I love him.

 

 

 

 

==================================================

SPAZZ

COFFEE SHOP WAS AWESOME.

I WAS SPAZZING

ALONE.

HAHAHAJOKING.

My whole tlist was spazzing

THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS.

I MEAN IT.

Like angels...

/slapself/

MYGOD.

T.T

/continues to bawl/

Zelo is so gorgeous.

Jongup's voice is heaven.

DaeJae is perfect as always.

Himchan is so pretty.

Yongguk was just soooo flawless. 

I cant

Let 

me

die. LOL. SORRY. okay. 

xoxo, A.K.