The Recontrer

Unforeseen Rencontrer

 

He slowly sat on the cold hard floor clutching his hemorrhaging stomach for dear life. He stared at me with fear and pain in his eyes. He tried moving his lips but speaking would just hurt him more. I nod, understanding what he is trying to say. I grabbed the first-aid kit and examine the wound on his abdomen.

My eyes widen at how much his shirt had soaked up all his fresh blood from his abdomen. I hastily take out a pair of safety scissors and cut away this shirt as slow as I can to minimize the pain. His breathing was slow and heavy. Grabbing a clean laundry nearby that I had just took out from the dryer. I push it down on his bleeding wound to put pressure on it. He grimaced at the sudden action I did.

“Sorry…” I looked into his eyes with an act of contrition. I took a deep breath and bandaged his abdomen, glad that the wound does not seem so deep.

“This is all I can do about it… I’m still an undergraduate nurse.” He nod slowly and closed his eyes. His breathing seems less dense and his muscles less tense.

I took a pillow from my room and placed it behind him so he can rest his head. I kneelt down and observed the bruises on his face. ‘Must have been a scary encounter …’ I thought.

“Rest for now. I’ll ask my friend to come by to help you with the wound at your abdomen.” He opened his eyes and gave me a worried look.

“Don’t worry, he’s a doctor and I’ll tell him to keep mum about it.” I reassured him. He nod slightly and shut his eyes. I took out a cotton ball and soak it with normal saline. Gently, I cleaned the bruises and applied some cream onto it. After which, I plastered the slightly bloody wound at the side of his lips. I grinned, satisfied with how I patched his face up.

I stood up and semi jogged towards my house phone to give my friend a call. I took a quick glance at the fully grown man at the corner of my house as I punched in my friend’s number. How did this all happen? It was very sudden and it was as if he knew who I am and that he could trust me… I pinch the bridge of my nose. This guy… he seems familiar…

“Hello?” I swiftly shook my head upon hearing Youngjae’s voice.

“Jae! Can you come over as soon as you’re free? Wait… actually, can you come here ASAP?” I bit on my fingers; just a habit for whenever I ask a favour.

“Must be something very urgent… what should I bring over?”

“Anything you can grab that could fix a stabbed abdomen. It’s not so deep but bring more just in case.”

“Noted. I’ll be there in maximum 15 minutes. Try to sustain the patient from moving too much.”

“Gotcha! I knew I can count on you. I’ll see you in a while! Love ya!” I hung up and dash to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I should at least save him from dehydration. I patted his shoulder lightly and brought the cup to his lips.

“You should drink up. It’ll save you from dehydration.” He looked up to me and sipped the water bit by bit. “My friend should be here soon. He’ll put you on a drip so that you’ll stay hydrated.” He winced at the sound of drip coming out of my mouth. Please do not tell me that he is afraid of needles.

“I’m sure after you got stabbed by a knife, a tiny thin needle wouldn’t be such a big deal.” I smirked at him. His stern eyes soften at the thought of his wounded abdomen.

“Sorry… What’s your name anyways?”

“Y-yong…G-g-guk… Ba-ang.. Y-yongguk...” He spoke between breaths in a deep, husky tone. Super y deep mothering voice…

“Oh! Umm… I’m Jae Rin. Kim Jaerin… You can call me Rin.” I awkwardly smiled at him but I noticed that he had his eyes closed. Half of me wants to tell him off for being rude but half of me kept me from doing that since he’s injured and he is most probably too tired to even stop his eyes from closing.  

I could not help but stare at him. Where have I seen him before?? Urgh. It’s killing me… I peeked at the wall clock. “He should be here…*Knock Knock* soon.” I knew him too well. I smiled.

“Coming!!” I answered him.

“Yah. How’s he doing?” He immediately asked upon stepping into the house; concerned.

“You’re a doctor alright. No doubt about it.” I laughed. “There, at the corner.” I pointed at the used to be unoccupied corner.

The moment YoungJae’s eyes fell onto Yongguk his expression changed drastically.

“No way…”He whispered.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY! That's the first chapter. ^^ Hope you liked it. Subscibe for more! :D I'll only continue if I have subscibers tho. :( Cause I wont be motivated to do so without. >.< 

Lovelovelove. <3

PS. I'm still learning how to put images. >.> anyone can help? :(