Chapter 6: Red Carded

Girls Over Flowers: The Return
Chapter 6: Red Carded
 
     Heejun sat on his front porch, twirling the necklace in his hands. Things went bad so quickly, what had even happened? All he tried to do was break it up. He sighed. He had gone too far, shaking Hee Sun, and he didn’t mean to smack Chaerin. He ran his fingers through his hair. What was he going to do now? He put the necklace in his pocket and went to school. 
     As he approached campus, he met up with Yoon Jae, Ji Yeon and Ayaka. They walked onto campus, and the whole mood changed. Everyone was glaring at them, avoiding them at all costs. 
     “What’s happening?” asked Ayaka. 
     “We messed with their ‘golden’ girls, they’re pissed at us,” said Ji Yeon, rushing her way past the seething crowd. “Come on, hurry.” She said. 
     As they made their way to their lockers, a small crowd began to form. Ayaka became skittish, as did Yoon Jae. Ji Yeon looked around. She looked back at her locker, a look of concern on her face. 
     “What’s up, Ji Yeon?” Heejun whispered. “What’s up with the crowd and all?” he asked. She warily looked over at him. 
     “The last time people crowded together like this,” she said, shakily unlocking her locker. “What when-” she froze. Heejun opened his own locker. Stuck to the top, was a red card, embossed with ‘F4’. Ayaka and Yoon Jae opened their lockers as well. They too had cards. 
     “What does this mean?” whispered Ayaka. 
     “Run.” Yoon Jae grabbed Ji Yeon by the hand and Heejun pulled on Ayaka as they were chased through the school. They were pelted with various school supplies and as they were turning a corner, Heejun was even pelted with a stapler. His shoulder bled as he slammed through the hallways, dragging Ayaka behind him. 
     “What, are we, going to do now?” she asked, as he swung her around another corner. 
     “I have no ing idea!” he said, sweat pouring from his brow. Ji Yeon stopped at a staircase.
“Up here! The abandoned science labs! They have locks on the doors!” she cried. They all ran up the stairs and around the corner as the mob came into the hallway. They went as quietly as possible, so as not to be followed. 
     ‘So far so good,’ Heejun thought, as he heard their steps echo through the empty hallways. Ji Yeon dragged Yoon Jae and beckoned Heejun to the smallest room in the farthest corner of the floor. They all rushed in and shut the door behind them. Ji Yeon locked it while Heejun propped a chair under the handle for good measure. They lied down onto the linoleum floor, exhausted. Heejun winced as he shot up, realizing there was a staple in his shoulder. 
     “Hold still,” said Ayaka, working her nail under the staple, and wiggling it out from beneath his skin. They sat there in silence for almost twenty minutes. Heejun swore that he could hear Yoon Jae’s heart beat from three feet away. The poor guy was lying on Ji Yeon’s lap, completely out of breath. 
     “The card.” Ayaka looked at Ji Yeon. “What the is it for.” She sighed, trying to regain her bearings. 
     “They tell the school to target the person with the card. The person with the card is bullied until they leave or are expelled.” She said, wiping hair from her brow. Heejun shook his head. 
     “We are so ed. What are we going to do?” he asked. Ji Yeon shrugged. 
     “I don’t know. I’ve never gotten a red card before.” She said. Ayaka shook her head. 
     “This is not what I signed up for when I came here.” She said. Heejun rolled his eyes. 
     “Us neither, but here we are.” He turned to Ji Yeon. 
     “What the was all that about anyway?” he asked. Ji Yeon shook her head. 
     “I-I don’t know.” She said. She unconsciously rubbed Yoon Jae’s head. Heejun came over.
     “Are you okay, man?” he asked. Yoon Jae weakly nodded. “Liar.” He said, punching him playfully in the shoulder. “So, what now? We can’t sit here forever.” He said. Ji Yeon looked up, deep in thought. 
     “I could call my brother, Dongwan.” She said. Heejun looked at her.
     “Older brother?” he asked. She nodded. She took out her cell phone and began dialing. 
     “Oppa?” she asked. “I need your help.” 
***** 
     A black Lamborghini rolled up to the campus. A sharply dressed man stepped out of the car and headed into the building. 
     The students that were in the hallway at the time stood in awe at the man in their path. A hushed whisper went around the school. 
     He made his way to the stairs and headed up to the science labs. He walked up and down the halls, wiggling the handle of every door, until he found the one that wouldn’t budge. 
***** 
     A knock came at the door. They all jumped. Heejun’s heart began racing. Ji Yeon nodded and signaled for him to go to the door. He slowly rose, and leaned against the frame. 
     “Who is it?” he asked. 
     “Yoo Dongwan. Is Ji Yeon there?” he asked. She nodded, and he moved the chair and unlocked the door. 
Yoo Dongwan was about a foot and a half taller than Heejun, with dark brown hair and piercing eyes. He strolled into the room and knelt down next to his sister. 
     “Is everything all right?” he asked. She shrugged. 
     “We’re okay, I guess,” he smoothed over her hair and patted her head. 
     “I told you that you should have transferred to that boarding school, perhaps next time you’ll listen.” He said, lifting Yoon Jae onto his shoulders, and leading them out of the room. 
***** 
     Chaerin walked through the hall, late with an iced latte in hand. She looked around, seeing a large crowd gathered in the foyer. She figured Hee Sun and the others were making a spectacle of themselves, or that they were getting their asses beat. She moved forward, shoving people out of her way. She almost dropped her cup when she saw who was standing there. 
     Yoo Dongwan. The youngest executive at the Yongshin law firm. He was one of the richest men in Korea, let alone Asia. And he was surrounded by the rejects. Chaerin couldn’t wrap her head around it.  As they passed by, Ji Yeon smirked at her, and looked up at him. 
     “Oppa, where are we going?” she asked with big innocent eyes. He looked down at her, patting her head. 
     “Home, rabbit.” He said as they passed through the doors. Chaerin’s mouth hung open. Oppa? He was her brother? She shook her head. This was twisted. What was she doing here pretending to be poor? What was she doing here at all? Shouldn’t she have gone to the same academy as her brother, YangSoo Academy? It was higher class than YoungHwa could ever be, why hadn’t she gone there? 
      Chaerin turned around and headed in the opposite direction. This was so confusing. She practically ran her way to her car. She needed to tell Hee Sun. If she could lie about this, who knows what else she was capable of. She bumped into somebody on her way out. 
     Lexy glared back at the girl. 
     ‘What a ,’ she thought to herself, turning around. She smiled and waved as she saw her cousins coming toward her. Her cousin Dongwan was carrying a sickly boy. 
     “Well, well, well,” she looked at the boy with the black shaggy hair. She smiled. “We meet again, remember me?” 
 
 
END OF CHAPTER 6
 
Sorry it's short, and waaay late. The other ones were easier to write since they were short. I'll update once my internet comes back on. Sooner if I can think of something before it gets shut off. Thanks for your patience :)