Chapter 5: This Means War

Girls Over Flowers: The Return

Chapter 5: This Means War

Heejun sat on his bed, making a list. He wasn’t getting very far though. While he was making the list, he began to realize how little he knew about Hee Sun and how many cons there were to dating her. But then, he would think about the times that weren’t so bad, and remember that he actually had feelings for her. But how deep were those feeling, exactly? He heard a knock at his door.

“Sup?” he asked. The door opened to reveal his sister, who was extremely exhausted. Their parents had been dragging her about from shop to shop, trying to find the perfect wedding dress. She swept her hair out of her face.

“I keep telling them that I’d rather have a small wedding and that I can make my own wedding dress, but do you think they listen? Nooo~.” She shook her head. “What’s up with you?”

“Noona, I’m having some…doubts about everything.” She looked up at him.

“Doubts? Like what?” she asked, taking a seat next to him on the bed.

“Well, I was talking to my friends, and that new chick,” he said, scratching his head. “And then I talked to this new girl, and I got to thinking, how much do I really know about Hee Sun? How much do we really have in common? And so I made a list.” He held up his notepad. She took a look at it. “Not much, actually.” She shook her head.

“So, what are you going to do?” she asked. “You guys have been through a lot. Are you willing to work it out, or are you done?” she asked. He shrugged. I don’t know, Taeyeon. I don’t know.”

Chaerin, Ga In and Yuna were walking through the mall, when they saw Ji Yeon. The girls looked at each other, surprised to see her there. Chaerin signaled for them to move forward. As they got closer, they began to hear their conversation.

“So, what did she have to say to you?” asked Ji Yeon, holding up a rather expensive dress.

“Well, she said I’m off to a good start,” said Ayaka, holding up a pair of earrings. “But that she would like me to move faster. According to Mr. Yang, some guy she’s hired I guess, she’s pretty pissed.” Ji Yeon nodded as she put the dress over her arm.

Chaerin looked over at Yuna. They shook their heads.

“I bought a dress like that almost two weeks ago, it costs 4 million won. How could she afford that?” asked Yuna. Ga In shrugged.

“We’ll just have to keep listening to find out.” They snuck closer, trying to listen more intently.

“So, what are you going to do next?” asked Ji Yeon. Ayaka shrugged.

“I’m not sure, I know she wants me to piss her off enough to break them up, I just haven’t figured out how to do that yet.” Ji Yeon smiled.

“I think I know how to do that.” She turned to Ayaka and whispered in her ear. Ayaka raised an eyebrow.

“Really?” she rolled her eyes. “I don’t know him like that. And you know I’m shy. Besides, isn’t she a bad or something? Wouldn’t she kick my ?”

“Ha!” Ji Yeon scoffed. “No, she prefers to let Chaerin handle the dirty work. The most she would do is tell Chaerin to do something. She’s not really a ‘hands on’ type of gal.” Ayaka shrugged.

“Well, we’ll see what happens.” Chaerin and the others backed up around the corner.

“That twisted little !” Chaerin whispered.

“-es.” Ga In corrected her. Chaerin wrung her hands in anger.

“When I get my hands on them es, ooh~ they won’t know what hit ‘em!”

The next day at school, Heejun saw a giant crowd gathered in the foyer.

“Oh, God.” Yoon Jae turned green.

“What is it?” Heejun and the others looked at him.

“The last time there was a crowd this big in the foyer,” he swallowed hard and looked up at Heejun. “There was a red card.” Heejun looked over at Hyun Joong, who shrugged.

“Yo man, explain yo’self, what the hell’s a red card?” asked Hong Jun.

“If you piss off F4, you could be in danger of getting a red card, and if you do, it pretty much tells everyone in the school that you’re an outcast, and in other words,” he continued. “Easy prey.” The others shoved their way to the front to see the bulletin board.

Heejun heard Yoon Jae shudder as they saw whose pictures were posted on the board. Ji Yeon and Ayaka. They looked back at the girls, who gave the boys apprehensive looks. They looked up, seeing F4 at the top of the stairs.

They slowly made their way down the stairs as the students parted. Only Heejun and his friends bothered to stay in the same place. As they came face to face with the ladies, the room became deathly still.

“I’m surprised you didn’t run like a little coward,” said Hee Sun, walking up and coming face to face with Ji Yeon. “It’s what you’re best at.” Ji Yeon scowled at her.

“You don’t scare me.” She said, coming right back at her. Now, they were almost nose to nose. Hee Sun smirked. The next thing she knew, Ji Yeon was on the floor, blood pouring out of .

Ji Yeon proceeded to take a chunk of Hee Sun’s hair, and pull as hard as she could, while scratching her on her neck and chest. Heejun stood in awe, and Yoon Jae stood back in fear as the girls went at each other. They looked over at the other girls, waiting for them to intervene, but to no avail.

Without thinking, he ran into the brawl, and grabbed the girls by their shirt collars and pulled them apart as they went for each other’s throats.

“HAJIMA!” the girls froze and his friends’ jaws dropped in awe. He dropped Ji Yeon and stood Hee Sun against the wall.

“What the do you think you’re doing?” he asked, still having a strong grip on her hair.

“Let go of me!” she cried, trying to wriggle her way out of his grip.

“Have you lost your goddamn mind?” he asked, shaking her.

“Heejun, stop!” Chaerin went up to him, but he shoved his arm out, knocking her onto the floor, causing her to smack her head on the floor. He turned, shocked at what he had done.

“Chaerin!” Yuna cried, running to her friend. Heejun looked over at his friends, who looked astonished at what he had done.

“Dude, what was that?” asked Minki. Heejun shook his head.

“It was an accident, I swear,” he dropped Hee Sun, who dropped in a heap on the floor, still shocked.

“Chaerin, I-” Yuna smacked him across the face.

“Keep your hands off of her!” she cried. Ga In pulled her away as Heejun’s face turned red and began to swell.

“Yuna calm down, he didn’t mean to.” She shook her head maddeningly.

“I knew this was a bad idea the moment she brought it up.” She said, standing in front of him. “He is nothing but a grease monkey. Trying to fix him up is like putting lipstick on a pig. You can dress him up and parade him about all you want, but he is nothing but filth.” Anger began to boil inside of Heejun, and before he knew what he was doing, he shot up.

“Why don’t you shut the up, you little .” Yuna stepped back, shocked that he had come at her. “You don’t know me, and what you do know is twisted. I didn’t want to be her boyfriend. You think I wanted to hang out with you? You’re a bunch of snotty rich girls who live off their parents’ money. You probably have never held a single job in your entire life!” he cried. “I wanted to stop in the beginning, but  no, none of you can think for yourselves, and follow her every word.” He turned to Hee Sun, and ripped off her necklace.

“Forget everything I’ve said to you,” he said, breathing heavily. “I’m done with you.” He turned and left in a huff, signaling his friends to follow him. Yoon Jae scurried close to him, and the girls shook their heads as they left. Ji Yeon, took a quick look back and smirked.

Hee Sun scowled. ‘That little .’ She clenched her fists, fighting the urge to scream and throw things at every living thing near her. ‘You’re going to pay for this. This means war.’

END OF CHAPTER 5