Chapter 2: Tension

Girls Over Flowers: The Return

Chapter 2: Tension

 

    Ayaka dragged Heejun into a back street and through the park. They headed down another back street, and finally approached the street fair.

    “How did you know this was here anyway?” asked Heejun, looking about. Ayaka shrugged.

    “We passed by it earlier when Ji Yeon and I were walking to school.” she explained. He shrugged it off. She pulled him towards a booth and pointed upwards at the prize rack.

    “Can you win me that? Please?” she asked, batting her eyelashes. “I’m too small to win it myself, see,” she pinched her arm. “No muscles whatsoever.” Heejun rolled his eyes and smiled.

    “I suppose, ya wimp.” He went up to the booth and the carny gave him three balls to hit the target with. He missed the first shot, but cracked the target on the second one.

    “Yay!” Ayaka jumped up and down excitedly. Heejun walked over and gave her the teddy bear. “Thank you, Heejun-san!” she said, hugging him.

    “Yea~ ok, you’re welcome.” he said, gently removing her arms. She grabbed his arm and dragged him off to yet another booth.

    Chaerin shook her head from behind the tree she was spying from.

    “I don’t know who you are, ,” she muttered under her breath. “but you’re gonna pay if this bull keeps up.” she turned to leave in a huff.

 

    Hee Sun was sitting in her room, having her hair brushed by Baek Hi. She had missed Baek Hi while she was in Japan. According to Baek Hi, her mother had cancelled her marriage to Jaejoong.

    “Finally!” she sighed.

    “As far as I know, you’re in the clear,” she explained. “But I’m sure its not for long.” Hee Sun shrugged.

    “Right now, all that matters is that Heejun is mine, and there’s nothing that witch can do about it.” she smiled to herself.

    Chaerin burst into the room, her face red from running up the stairs. Hee Sun shot up as Baek Hi ran to her.

    “Chaerin,” cried Hee Sun. “are you ok?” she asked. Chaerin put her hand on her shoulder. “I’m fine. But I think we have a situation.” Hee Sun’s face became serious.

    “Like what?” she asked.

    “Heejun,” Chaerin tried catching her breath.

    “What about Heejun?” asked Baek Hi.

    “There’s this new girl, I have a sneaking suspicion about her. If she’s not dumb, she’s with your mother. Either way, she’s moving into dangerous territory.” she explained, finally able to breath properly.

    “Hee Sun,” Baek Hi looked over at her. She had a stunned look on her face. “Hee Sun, calm down, we don’t know anything yet.”

    “Are you telling me, that some girl is trying to put moves on my man?” she asked, touching her necklace. Chaerin raised her eyebrows.

    “He didn’t seem to take to her, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t seem to be trying.”

    “Aw hell no, get Ga In and Yuna. This ain’t happening.” Baek Hi and Chaerin looked at each other.

    “’s about to go down, Baek Hi,” Chaerin explained.

    “Well, I could have told you that,” said Baek Hi. “you usually never bring good news when you come over here.”

 

END OF CHAPTER 2