Chapter 14: Something To Think About

Girls Over Flowers: The Return

Chapter 14: Something to Think About

                “Hee Sun, stop.” Heejun tried to leave again. She stepped in front of him.

                “Why won’t you listen to me?” she asked, grabbing onto his arm. He tried to shake her off.

                “Because listening to you gets me nowhere, now leave me be.” She gripped his arm tighter.

                “Just listen to me!” she begged. “I just want someone to listen to me.” Her lip quivered. He knew she was on the verge of tears, and really didn’t want to deal with it. He sighed and folded his arms.

                “I’m sorry Heejun. I just didn’t want to lose you, and she, she…”

                “Ji Yeon hasn’t done anything wrong! You’re the one who’s always making brash decisions, and the last decision you made, landed all of us in the hospital.”

                “I know, and there’s nothing I can do to take that back. It was an awful mistake, and I’m sorry-”

                “Sorry isn’t going to mend anyone’s bones or erase the trauma.” He scorned. Hee Sun hung her head.

                “You think that I don’t know that?” she shot back. “While everyone carries on with their lives, do you even realize what’s going to happen?”

                “You mean growing up? Not being able to play your little mind games and get everything you want anymore? Yeah, yeah I do. And I don’t care. Why should I? Did you ever care for me? Or was I just some pawn to you? A plaything to tease your mother with? Do you know how pathetic I feel for believing you? I trusted you, Hee Sun, and look what you’ve done.”

                “I love you, Heejun, I have. And that hasn’t changed.” She said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

*****

                From behind the door, silent tears rolled down Lexy’s own cheeks. She turned away. She couldn’t take it anymore.

*****

                Ga In sat in her grandmother’s sitting room, her sister Eun Hye at her side. Her grandmother, Sin Jung Hwa, sat across from them, stirring her tea.

                “This is a big step in your life, you know, should you choose to keep it.” She looked over at Ga In. She bowed her head under her grandmother’s steely gaze.

                “I know.”

                “And what of the father? Is he in the picture?” she asked. Ga In shrugged. Her grandmother set her tea down.

                “I will not have my granddaughter making this decision alone! You need to find him and speak with him immediately. This is a big decision that deals with the both of you, the three of you, if that is what you choose.”

*****

                Chaerin and Yuna sat by the lake. Chaerin was throwing rocks in, watching the ripples. Yuna was drawing some scenery.

                “Have you ever realized how simple our lives seem compared to everyone else’s recently?” asked Yuna, swiping her pencil across the paper. Chaerin shrugged.

                “Life is what you make it. We just got lucky. We haven’t made enough of those sorts of decisions yet. In time though, they’ll come. And then we’ll have our own set of worries to fret over.”

                “It just seems like so much has happened at once, and in just a few weeks, it’ll all be over.”

                “And then we’ll begin a new adventure. Who knows what it holds? Just live in the present, Yuna. You’ll be a lot happier.” Yuna looked over at Chaerin.

                “What’s up with you?” her eyes widened. “Wait, Hee Sun got philosophical when her mom set her up with…Chaerin?” Chaerin’s cheeks grew red with embarrassment.

                “My dad wants me to marry one of his associate’s sons. It’s the mob, how am I going to tell him no?”

END OF CHAPTER 14

*NOTE TO MA SUBBIES: I apologize for the chapter being so short. Its 4:30 in the morning and I wanted at least something for this fic. I'm having a really hard time moving forward with so much going on, how about a poll?