Chapter 31 - On Rainy Days

Back To Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NSzAorVD_g

 

Doojoon’s POV

Its been 2 weeks ever since I asked Junhyung to take care of Reii. I managed to joke around and talk to the members like before so that they wouldn’t worry about me. Junhyung was always out early and came back dorm late ever since then but nobody knows where he went and what he do. I couldn’t help and felt my heart throb in pained everytime I think that he was probably with Reii on a date. I know I should be thinking of her anymore since we broke up and that I was the one who asked Junhyung to take care of her but I just couldn’t help it. There isn’t a second where I don’t think of her. In fact it was impossible not to think of her. I asked Manager Hyung to get me more schedule to keep myself occupied even though we were give 2 months of break. I needed to keep working to help myself to stop thinking about her, I need something to help me distract myself from thinking about her and the only thing I thought I could do is to work.

*Is she fine? Is she happy now? Did she faint again? Did she skip her lunch again? I wonder what she is doing now.* I couldn’t help think about her again when I was given a break from the shooting.

I was driving home after schedule. I reached the carpark near our apartment. I sat inside the car while looking outside of window. It was raining heavily outside. Memories of Reii came out again.

 

------Flashback-----

‘Ouch!’ she winced as her head hit onto my chest.

‘Are you okay?’ I looked down and asked.

Her face was so closed to mine, I couldn’t help but lean in towards her. Our lips met each other. She hesitated at first but later on she returned my kiss. Unlike our previous kisses which were all sweet and passionate, the kiss we share now somehow are full of longing and not wanting to separate from each other. Rain drops started hitting on us and it is raining heavily now. We didn’t stop the kiss and instead held onto each other tighter as we continue our kiss in the rain. I stopped the kiss when I felt her shivered in my embraced. I gave her a smile before pulling her towards the car.

---End of Flashback---

 

----Flashback----

‘Stay.’ She said almost an whisper, looking at me when I was about to leave.

I nodded and followed her into the apartment.

That night, we chatted on bed until she had fallen asleep. She hugged me tightly the entire night, while I looked at her sleeping face while she sleeps and somehow I feel contented just staying by her side. Her grip on me had never loosen so I began to her face telling her that it okay, I’ll be by her side and it is true. I even thought about ending my career and my dream just for her if I had to just to stay by her side.

‘I love you’ was what I said and kissed her forehead before I fell asleep.

----End of Flashback----

 

I stayed inside the car throughout the night watching the rain falling heavily. The rain drops falling were just like how I felt now. My heart is crying, crying as painfully, without mercy as each rain drop that falls outside.

 

When the world turns dark

And the rain quietly falls

Everything is still

Even today, without a doubt

I just can’t get out of it

I can’t get out from the thoughts of you

 

I told myelf again and again that

Now I erase all of you

I emptied out all of you

But when the rain falls again

All the memories of you I hid with effort

It all comes back, it must be looking for you

It hurts, all the memories I’ve made myself to bury them in just came back on this raining day.

* Love you’re really cruel, I really hate you*

 

Now there’s no path for me to return to

But looking at your happy face

I will try to keep on laughing, since I was the one

Without the strength to stop you

Tears started flowing, the second time I cried ever since that day and I didn’t care anymore. I cried hard, letting them flow down just like the rain outside.

 

Reii’s POV

It was night time now and it was raining heavily outside. Memories of that day came back again, that rainy day.

‘Stay’ I whisper, grabbing onto Junhyung’s wrist as he was about to leave. I didn’t want him to leave. The memories of Doojoon were torturing me ever since it started raining. I didn’t want to be alone, not tonight.

He nodded as I gesture him to sleep beside me.

He must have seen the tears on my face as he pulled me into his embrace and I hugged him tightly.

-----Flashback-----

‘Ring’ the school bell rang. I packed my bag and walked out of the classroom with Jean. It was pouring heavily outside.

‘I gotta go Reii. Im late for work.’ Said Jean.

‘Bye!’ I said to her.

‘Bye! No wait, did you bring your umbrella?’ she asked.

‘Yeah, don’t worry. You can go first. You’re late for work.’ I reminded her.

‘Oh okay, bye!’ she shouted out to me as she semi run outside with her umbrella.

I waved to her and started looking for my umbrella.

*Oh no, not again.* This is the second time of this week that I’ve forgotten to bring my umbrella. I heaved a sigh before I started running out of the school. A hand suddenly grabbed my wrist and I landed on somebody’s chest when I ran out of the school gate.

‘Yah!’ I shouted while putting a hand to rub my forehead. My eyes widen when I saw the person in front of me. Although he was wearing a big nerd glass and a dark blue scarf aroung his neck that covered half of his face, I was still able to recognize him.

‘What are you doing here? What if you get caught? Didn’t you have schedule now?’ I asked in a very low voice and looked around to see if anyone recognized him.

‘Im sorry, do your forehead still hurt?’ Doojoon said while rubbing my forehead.

‘Im fine. Can you answer my question?’ I asked.

‘Well I was shooting nearby and I had a break now and I figured that the absentminded girlfriend of mine would forgot to bring her umbrella so here I am, picking her up from school to prevent her from getting herself wet and sick later.’ He said grinning at me.

‘Oh wow, then I must tell that absentminded girlfriend of yours to say thank to you.’ I said sarcastically but deep inside I was grateful and touched.

‘Nope, I wanted to my girlfriend to give me a kiss to thank me instead of saying it.’ he said and pulled down his scarf.

‘Yah! People might recognize you .’ I said pulling his scarf back to cover half of his face.

‘No!’ he said and pulled down the scarf again. ‘If you don’t want anyone to recognize me, you should give me my thank you kiss quickly.’ He said pouted his lip up.

‘Aiish!’ I said and quickly give him his thank you kiss.

‘Super satisfied now!’ he said with a big smile on his face before pulling his scarf up.

We then walked hand in hand, making the gap between us as small as possible so that none of us will get wet from the rain since he only brought one umbrella.

‘What time your break ends at?’ I asked as we walked home.

‘Soon. I need to get back immediately after sending you home.’ He said.

My face fell when I heard what he said. I wanted to be with him longer.

‘Looks like someone couldn’t get more of me?’ he said teasingly when he saw my reaction upon hearing what he said.

‘Yah!’ I said and slapped his arm lightly.

‘Don’t worry darling, I’ll visit you after my shooting.’ He said while gaving me a wink and kissed the tip of my nose after that.

*Uwa!!!* my mind screamed at me. Even though he did that to me very often, I still couldn’t help get all excited and blushed at his action everytime he do that.

I looked away from him as I felt myself blushing while he gave a light chuckle when he saw me blushing.

‘Aigoo my darling still cant get used to my winks and kisses?’ he said teasingly and gave another chuckle after that.

----End of Flashback----

-----Flashback-----

‘Not sleeping? Its late now and you got school tomorrow.’ Doojoon asked.

*Oh no! What should I do? What should I do?*

‘Er..’ I said.

‘Don’t worry, I know what you mean when you ask me to stay. I wont do anything to you.’ he said to me, knowing what I am thinking about and give me an assuring smile.

‘Than lets sleep then, Im tired!’ I said yawning and pulled him with me.

That night, we chatted on bed until I’ve fallen asleep. Its been a week long or more since I could sleep so peacefully. An urge told me to ask him to stay and Im glad I did. Sleeping inside his embraced was so warm and soothing. I hugged Doojoon tightly the entire night, afraid that if I loosen my grip on him, he might disappear. ‘I love you..’ was the last thing I heard before I was really asleep.

----End of flashback----

 

On the rainy days you come and fine me

Torturing me through the night

When the rain starts to stop, you follow

Slowly, little by little, you will stop as well

The night was long, so is the rain. The night was longer than the usual as the memories haunted me. I finally understood why I asked Doojoon to stay that night, my heart must have known it, that we would soon be separated.

 

What can I do about something that’s already ended?

I’m just regretting being the stupid fool I was

Rain always falls, so it will repeat itself over

When it stops, that’s when I will stop as well

Rain always falls, so it will repeat itself over

When it stops, that’s when I will stop as well

Junhyung patted my back, soothing me as I cried my way to sleep.

 

Junhyung’s POV

‘Stay’ Reii whisper, grabbing onto my wrist as I was about to leave.

I nodded as I saw the tears flowing down her cheeks. I laid on her bed beside her. She must have thought of Doojoon hyung again. I hold her tightly to me and she started crying softly and weakly. I started patting her back, calming her down so that she could sleep.

*Damn!* I shouted out in my mind as she cried. Memories haunted me on this cold night too, the memories of her from the time I just met her till now, they all came out while I stared at her sleeping face in front of me. I wanted to be part of her memories too.

*How I wish I was the one she was thinking.* my heart clenched at the thought of it.

‘I love you and how I wished you’ve heard it.’ I whispered unconsciously as stared at her sleeping face and fell asleep after that.

 

 2nd update for today and a long one! :)