Chapter 5

Don't look back

“Noona, this necklace looks great on you. Let’s just get this.” Baekhyun said as he put the necklace on his girlfriend.

“I think we should make this necklace a bit special.” Baekhyun took out the necklace and passed it to the salesgirl.

“Can you engrave these letters on it? Here.” He passed a small note to the salesgirl.

“What are you trying to do?” Taeyeon hit his arms.

Baekhyun ignore her as he talked to the salesgirl.

“Make sure you don’t tell anyone okay?” He signed on his album and gave the salesgirl.

“Be sure to come back and collect it.” The salesgirl reminded as she smile at the couple.

They were quite lucky that the salesgirl is a married woman and she promised not to tell anyone that the idol couple has bought a couple necklace with their initials engraved on it.

“What did you wanted to engrave on the necklace?” Taeyeon asked as she held her new boyfriend’s hand.

“Secret.” Baekhyun smirked.

“Are you hungry? Let’s go somewhere and have dinner.” Baekhyun hailed a cab and they got in.

“Let’s go somewhere quieter and no one will see us.” Taeyeon said and she whispered something to the taxi driver.

Baekhyun rested his head onto her shoulder and asked, “Then where do you want to go?”

“My dorm.” Taeyeon answered.

Baekhyun jumped up that he almost knocked his head onto the window and finds himself flustered.

“Why are you getting nervous?” Taeyeon laughed at Baekhyun’s reaction.

“I know what you are thinking of. Let me tell you, we are just having a dinner in my dorm.” Taeyeon added, “I will cook for you.”

“What? I…I…I’m not thinking of anything.” He coughed. “Of course… eating..erm… dinner…. in my room… not, I mean your room…erm nope, your dorm. ” He started to stumble over his sentence and Taeyeon cannot stop her ahjumma laugh.

--

They got out of the cab and slowly sneak into the apartment building without anyone catching them.

Baekhyun sat on the couch that he remembers falling asleep on that night when he was drunk. Taeyeon got into the kitchen and open her fridge. It was empty. Looks like there is only one food left that I can cook, she thought to herself. She opens the cabinet and found few packets of ramyun.

“Smells nice.” Baekhyun tiptoed into the kitchen and saw 2 bowls of ramyun on the dining table. He saw Taeyeon dishing out kimchi and he walked to her back.

“I know you are behind me.” Taeyeon said.

“Then do you know what I’m going to do next?” She heard him whispering into her ears.

“What are you going to….” Before she even complete her sentence, she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist.

“Hug you.” He whispered again.

Taeyeon tried to pull herself away from the hug but she couldn’t.

“Are we still going to eat or are we going to stay here like this?” Taeyeon asked after a few tries of breaking away from the sudden backhug.

“If you want, I can stay here like this forever.” He replied.

“I’m hungry.” Taeyeon pouted. “Let’s eat first, okay?” She turned her head and looked into his puppy eyes.

--

After dinner, Baekhyun offered to wash the dishes. He took out an apron and starts to clean the plates.

Taeyeon sat down on the couch in the hall and had her eyes on Baekhyun, who has his back facing her.

A korean drama was playing on her televison screen, but she was busy looking at the guy who is diligently washing the dishes.

She started thinking how this guy has changes her thoughts. She threw away the necklace that she always kept for years because of him. Because of a guy named Baekhyun.

In the beginning, she was just giving him a chance to be with her. She wasn’t sure of her decision yet. She just hopes that Baekhyun would change her. It has not been a week since that day past and her heart started to drift away from the past, and she started to think of him. Nope, not Junsu, but him – Byun Baek Hyun.

She finally got her answer to what she has been thinking for the past few nights.

Why did I start to blush whenever Baekhyun gets near me?

Why did my face go red when we had physical contact?

Why can I feel my heartbeat pounds fast everytime he appears?

And she realize….

She is in love with him, completely in love with him.

She was still thinking hard that she did not notice that Baekhyun has sat down on the couch next to her. He put his arms around her shoulder and asked, “What are you thinking?”

She leaped up and hit Baekhyun’s chest hard. “Why did you scare me?”

“Ouch, I didn’t scare you. You were thinking of something, aren’t you?”

Taeyeon crossed her arm and move away from Baekhyun.

“From today onwards, you cannot come near me. Let’s keep a distance.”

Baekhyun was surprised at the sudden request.

“Wait, why? Did I do something wrong? Or are you feeling uncomfortable with the skinships?” Baekhyun pouted to show his aegyo.

“Or you still cannot forget him? I can wait.” He moves towards Taeyeon. But the latter was faster than him. She backed away.

“Nope. It’s not that. I just think that we should have… a healthy relationship.”

“Are we having unhealthy relationship all these while then?” Baekhyun looked at her.

“That’s not what I mean. I mean, we just started our relationship right? We should slow it down.” Taeyeon replied.

“Arraseo. I will listen to you.” Baekhyun smile.

“It’s getting late. I think it’s time for me to go back now.” Baekhyun got up.

“Okay, I’ll drive you home.” Taeyeon reached for the car keys and open the door.

“No, don’t. It’s better not to drive me home at this time. I scared we might be caught.” Baekhyun said.

“Alright. Be careful then. Call me when you reach your dorm.”

Baekhyun nodded. He leaned forward and gave a sudden peck on Taeyeon’s forehead.

Taeyeon gasped. “What did I told you just now?”

“Just one last time.” Baekhyun smile cheekily.

“Goodnight yeobo.”

“What yeobo? Whose your yeobo?” Taeyeon pushed Baekhyun out of the dorm.

“You say no skinship, but you never say I cannot call you yeobo. Or do you prefer me calling the names in English? Honey? Sweetheart? Precious? Darling?”

Taeyeon reach for the handle and wanted to close the door.

“Goodnight.” She said.

“Sweet dreams, darling.” Baekhyun teases her again.

Taeyeon waved and signal him to go home because Baekhyun is still standing right in front of the gate, not wanting to move.

“Bye and goodnight.” And Taeyeon immediately shut the door behind her.

After a minute, she peeped through the eyehole. Of course, Baekhyun has left since he has a schedule in the morning the next day.

-End of Chapter 5-

A/N: I will stop updating for now since I havent finish the next few chapters.

Once I've finished writing the next few chapters, I will slowly update it here day by day! 

I'm still waiting for my poster! Keke xD

I'll most probably be back here in a few days time!

See you all again!

And thanks for reading!