Chapter 4

Don't look back

Taeyeon was dressed in a simple tank top and shorts, with a sunglasses covering half of her face.

“Baekhyun, here!” She whispered as soon as she saw Baekhyun walking towards her in a sweater and beanie. His mouth was covered with a leopard print mask that he borrowed from Lay.

“You can recognize me when I’m covered like that?” Baekhyun asked.

“You didn’t even cover much. It’s just the leopard mask that I saw someone in your group wore before.”

“Are we sort of on a date now?” Baekhyun pinched her nose and asked.

Taeyeon held his hands and the couple walk along the beach.

“I have something to show you.” Taeyeon reached into her pocket and took out a necklace with the shape of a letter J.

“He gave me this when we started dating. I had kept this in my bag safely. I told myself I cannot lose this and I will wait for him to come back to me. We ended our relationship peacefully. We agree to go back to each other when we grew mature and have successful career. But few weeks ago, I found out he was with another girl. He said that I was foolish to hang onto our relationship when it has already passed for 3 years. I know I was stupid enough to believe him. No, I AM stupid to wait for him when I know he had forgotten our relationship long ago.”

Baekhyun held her hands tighter as he continued to listen to her story.

“Because of me, I have hurt another person. Because of my foolishness to wait for someone, I made another person look like a fool waiting for me.”

Baekhyun cut in. “No, don’t said that.”

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry for the hurt that I had given you for the last few months. I decided to tell you this story because I don’t want to hide it from you. I really want to forget my past.”

Taeyeon raised her hand with the necklace and aimed it at the blue ocean waves.

“I’m going to put my past behind and …” She took a step forward.

“Wait, are you going to throw that necklace to the sea?” Baekhyun tried to reach for the necklace. “You cannot do that. It’s expensive.”

“No, Baekhyun, let go of my hand.” And she threw the necklace into the waves.

“Noona…..” Baekhyun looked at her. She seems to be smiling after she threw it into the sea. Even though it is just a necklace, it seems like she has throw something that has been stuck inside her for years.

Taeyeon reached her hand out and hug Baekhyun tightly.

“I’m sorry for making you wait. I promise I will not let you wait anymore.”

Baekhyun was surprised. He cannot believe Taeyeon had finally given up on her first love which has been stuck in her for years. Finally, he did it. He no longer has to wait for her answer.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her waist in return for the surprise hug.

And they watch the beautiful sunset together.

-End of Chapter 4-