Chapter 1

Don't look back

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry.”

“I will wait for you. No matter how long it takes, I’ll wait.” Baekhyun shouted, as he sees the petite figure getting smaller and disappear out from his sight.

--

 It was middle in the night when Chanyeol heard sound of shattered glass. He dashed out of his room and switch on the light of the hall. He saw Baekhyun sitting in a corner with the broken glass pieces beside him. He was holding onto a bottle of wine on his left hand while he was covering his eyes with the other hand.

“Are you crying?” Chanyeol walked towards him and took the wine away from him.

“So you wanted to drink this but end up breaking the wine glass? And what are you doing at this time?”

“Leave me alone.”

“What happened?” Chanyeol ask out of concern.

“Are you okay? If you need someone to talk to, I can lend you my ears.” Chanyeol patted his roommate’s shoulders.

“I’ll clean up the mess.” Chanyeol went and took a pile of newspaper before he starts clearing the glass pieces with a broom.

“I confess to her already.” Baekhyun started.

“So you got rejected?” Chanyeol turned and look at .

“Sort of? ” Baekhyun continued “She said she can’t go for a new relationship because of her first love.”

“Junsu?”

Baekhyun nodded.

“It’s been few years since they broke up but she still can’t forget him. How am I supposed to enter her heart?” Baekhyun has never shed a tear for women before, not to say, crying in front of anyone. But as he said this, tears rolled down his cheek.

He continued: “She said to give her some time to sort out her feelings for Junsu, but it’s already 3 years. She probably still had deep feelings for him. It sounds too difficult for her to make a place for me in her heart. I feel like a failure.”

Chanyeol wiped off ’s tears with his fingers. “Give her more time. You can help her. Baekhyun ah, do you remember? You told me that there is no give up and failure in your dictionary.” He winked.

“I remember you told me that you used to have many girls that will throw themselves to you. I can’t believe you will end up like this.”

Baekhyun looked up at . “Are you laughing at me after seeing how pathetic I look now?”

“Of course not! I wish I can help you, but you know, I can’t do anything much. This is between you and Taeyeon sunbaenim.” Chanyeol added, “Don’t give up. I know you can win her heart one day.”

That night, Baekhyun couldn’t sleep well. The scene that happened on that afternoon kept appearing in his mind whenever he closed his eyes.

--

“Noona, you do know that…I had a crush on you since I saw you on tv before I debut??”

Taeyeon looked up at his hoobae.

“I know.”

“But you’re being oblivious all these while.”

Taeyeon crossed her arms. “I know. But you’ve been keeping quiet all these while too. Did you ask me out to tell me this?”

“So, you get what I wanted to ask you?” Baekhyun asked.

 “I want to know your answer. I can’t keep on hiding my feelings for you, isn’t it?” He added.

“Sorry. I cannot accept it.” Taeyeon replied after a moment of silence.

“Why? Am I not good enough or something? Did I do anything wrong that makes you hate me? Why are you avoiding me all these while?”

“Nope. It’s not your problem. It’s my problem.” Taeyeon looked away from Baekhyun’s stare.

“Why?”

“Sorry…. But… I still can’t forget my previous relationship.”

“Is it Junsu?”

“How did you know?” Taeyeon asked.

“I once saw his photo inside your wallet, by accident.”

“Since you know it already, why are you telling me this now?” Taeyeon raised her voice.

“I…I…didn’t know you’re still hanging onto that relationship. I’m sorry.”

“Nope, don’t apologize.” Taeyeon said, as she felt really guilty for rejecting Baekhyun. “It’s not your fault. It’s me who cannot forget a previous relationship. Give me some time okay? Let me sort out my feelings for him before I go into another relationship. I feel that it’s unfair for you if I didn’t let you know about this. And since you had confess to me, the more I should let you know. I’m sorry. I just don’t want to hurt you.”

Baekhyun knew he was hiding his tears. He cannot cry in front of a woman. He knows his heart is in pain, but he can’t make himself breakdown in front of a girl he likes.

“I can wait.”

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry.”

“I will wait for you. No matter how long it takes, I’ll wait.” Baekhyun shouted, as he sees the petite figure getting smaller and disappear out from his sight.

-End of chapter 1-