Chapter 19

Don't look back

A few months later…

CEO's office

“Baekhyun, Taeyeon is going to have her solo soon.” Mr Kim said with a stern look.

“I’m sure you know what I am trying to imply here. You know what to do, right?”

“Sajangnim, I got that.” Baekhyun replied cooly. “I will do it.”

****

“Baek ah! Why didn’t you reply me yesterday? Are you busy with your comeback?” Taeyeon called Baekhyun in the middle of the night.

Baekhyun was lying on the couch alone in the living room, which was the place where he slept recently.

“Yeah. Been quite busy nowadays. Dance practice, vocal training, and gym training.” Baekhyun whispered as he did not want to disturb s who were sleeping in their rooms.

“Ahh…”

“Why? You have something to say to me?” Baekhyun tried to make his tone sounds a bit cold.

“Aish… Can’t I even call you just to hear your voice?” Taeyeon pouted. (obviously Baekhyun can’t see how she tried to do aegyo right now)

“Ohhhh…” Baekhyun did not know what to reply. His mind is really confused now. Kim YoungMin’s words that day is still ringing on his head.

“Taengoo ah”

“Baekhyun ah”

The couple said in unison.

“What is it, Baek?” Taeyeon asked.

“It’s okay, you go first.”

“Okay…Baek…I… I missed you.”

Baekhyun felt his heart skipped a beat.

“These few months we didn’t manage to meet each other, I really miss you every single day.” Taeyeon said in an aegyo-ish voice that she didn’t even realize it.

“Taengoo….” Baekhyun was surprised at Taeyeon’s words.

Taeyeon has never been the initiative one but this time, she actually called him in the middle of the night and said that she missed him.

“What did you want to tell me, Baek?”

Baekhyun don’t know how to break the words to her. He felt like the words are stuck in his mouth.

“I……I…… Do you want to me tomorrow?” Baekhyun gave up. He decided to tell her only when they meet.

“I would love to meet you of course, but I don’t want to disturb your work if you are busy. You don’t have to accommodate me.”

“No, this is exactly what I wanted to say just now. Before you said…. you missed me.”

Taeyeon tiptoe her way to her bedroom and climbed onto her bed.

“Alright, let’s meet tomorrow. Are you sleepy now? I feel like sleeping soon.” She said as she snuggled under her blankets.

“Do you want to hear a lullaby?” Taeyeon asked.

“If …. If you wish to.” Baekhyun felt like his tears is forming. He don’t want to hurt the girl he loves the most, but he has no choice. He needs to think for her, not only for himself.

*Taeyeon sings missing you like crazy*

The person I miss like crazy
The words I want to hear from you like crazy
I love you, I love you – where are you?
The person I long for, who is deeply stuck in my heart

Please tell me that you cherish me
Please don’t blankly erase me
Because you’re my everything

The person I miss like crazy
The words I want to hear from you like crazy
I love you, I love you – where are you?
The person I long for, who is deeply stuck in my heart

I want to cherish you forever
I love you, I love you

 

Tears were rolling down his cheek but Baekhyun bite on his lower lips to stop himself for making any crying sounds.

Taeyeon started to get sleepy after she finished singing. Of course, she did not sense anything wrong on the other side of the phone. She thought Baekhyun fell asleep.

“Goodnight Baekhyun ah. Sleep well.” Taeyeon yawn and hang up her phone.

Baekhyun dropped his phone as he shed tears.

“Goodnight, my Taengoo. I missed you too. And I love you

He couldn’t control himself and sobbed under his blanket on the couch, as he said repeatedly “Sorry Taengoo, sorry Taengoo… sorry Taengoo.”

-End of chapter 19-

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Will try to finish this asap ^^

Lyrics credit