Chapter 11

Don't look back

 

-----FlashBack-----

“Something about Baekhyun’s past. Something that he has been hiding from you. If you are curious, you can come and look for me. Attached is a photo of us if you think I’m a crazy sasaeng that is trying to scare you. I’ve wrote my contact at the back of the photo. If you don’t believe me, you can ask any of the exo’s member. They know about me. I’m HyeRim, Baekhyun’s ex girlfriend.”

Taeyeon folded the letter and stuff it back into the envelope. She saw a photo of Baekhyun in his school uniform posing cutely with a young lady.

Taeyeon dialed Sehun’s number and it went through. (She was a close noona to Sehun)

“Hi Taeyeon noona?”

“Hi, sorry to trouble you at this timing.”

“It’s okay. Any matter? Shouldn’t you be calling Baekhyun hyung instead?”

“Nah.. I want to check with you something.”

“Okay. What is it about?” Sehun asked in a sleepy tone.

“Is Baekhyun’s ex girlfriend called Hye Rim?”

“Yup. Eh, how did you know?”

“Nothing. Just check something. Sorry for troubling you. Oh yes, please don’t tell him about this, okay?”

“Alright. I won’t.”

--

The next day…

 “Are you Hye Rim?” Taeyeon walked to a young lady sitting on a bench.

“Hi.” The young lady greeted her and nodded as a response.

“So you’re Taeyeon. A star is indeed a star. You look so beautiful.”

“Thanks.” Taeyeon force a smile on her face.

“Do you know why I wanted to look for you?” Hyerim begin her topic.

“About Baekhyun?”

“Yup. I know he is your fanboy, but I need to tell you something.” She paused.

“What’s wrong with him?” Taeyeon wanted her to continue.

“Even though you are his idol, he actually still likes me. To be honest, we may have broken up, but I believe he still has feelings for me. Taeyeon-ssi, he only treats you as his idol. Someone he looked up to. It’s not love. I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to get cheated by him if he looks for you in the future.” Hyerim suddenly hold on to Taeyeon’s hands tightly. He told me that we will be back together after he gets successful in his career. What’s more, Taeyeon-ssi, you are 3 years older than him. Look around him, there is so many younger girls out there, including me. I think he prefers younger girls even though his idol is older than him. That’s all I wanted to tell you. Believe it or not, it’s up to you. Just remember, Baekhyun oppa is not as innocent as what you think he is. He’s just a fanboy afterall.”

--

“Fanboy….Fanboy…..” This word has been on her head for the next few days. And the sentences that Hyerim told her kept flashing in her mind.

“He told me that we will be back together after he gets successful in his career.”

“Look around him, there is so many younger girls out there, including me.”

“It’s not love.”

“Baekhyun oppa is not as innocent as what you think he is.”

Taeyeon remembered what Junsu has told her before.

“Wait for me. We will be together after we’re both successful. After that, we can announce to our fans that we are officially dating.”

And the conversations on the phone with Junsu are ringing on her head.

“I’m Junsu’s girlfriend. He is with me right now.”

“Sorry Taeyeon, I didn’t know you will wait for me. I’m really sorry. But it’s already 3 years. I can’t believe you didn’t manage to get yourself a new guy.”

Taeyeon felt her head bursting and she started to throw her tantrum at her pillow.

She hit her pillow against her bed really hard and her headache got worst. She broke down into tears and she cried every night. Tiffany has been comforting her during those nights and manages to calm her down.

“You can’t breakdown every night. Go talk to him. Solve the problem.” Tiffany brushed Taeyeon’s hair behind her ears.

---Flashback ended---

“So you mention the breakup when you met up with him?” Chanyeol almost finish his drink.

Taeyeon nodded.

Chanyeol burst out into laugther.

Taeyeon shoot him a how-can-you-still-laugh- look at the happy virus.

“Taeyeon sunbaenim, I am his good friend, and you should trust me more than Hyerim right?”

Taeyeon paused for a moment, and she nodded.

“Hyerim went and look for him a few days before she went to pass you the letter at the fansign. Baekhyun asked her not to find him anymore. Baekhyun told me that he didn’t have much memory with his ex-girlfriend. He wasn’t even serious in that relationship. I would be surprised if he actually told his ex to wait for him. By the way he reacted on that day, it seems like he really want to cut ties with her. I don’t think he will say that. The girl must be creating stories for you to listen. I can’t believe sunbaenim actually believe her words.”

“You’re not lying right?” Taeyeon asked.

“Why would I even lie to sunbaenim? I’m not saying this because Baekhyun is my friend. Sunbaenim, you should trust him.” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “Even if you don’t trust him, you should trust yourself. How did Baekhyun treat you when both of you are together? Do you think his feeling for you is fake? I think you should trust yourself more than anyone else.”

Seeing Taeyeon remained silent, he continued, “Maybe you should talk to him. Let him know the reason why you wanted a breakup and listen to his explanation. Sunbaenim, I don’t want to see my member suffering. If you really like him, you wouldn’t want to see him suffer right?”

--

Taeyeon felt good after talking to Chanyeol about this. She was glad that Chanyeol had look for her. At least she knew she was wrong to trust a girl that easily. Chanyeol was right. She should trust herself. She should believe that all these while, Baekhyun has really treated her well, and it’s not just an idol-fanboy relationship.

She decided to find Baekhyun.

-End of Chapter 11-

A/N: I will stop updating for a while now.. until i prepared the next few chapters! (: It wont take long!

Meanwhile, take care everyone! 

As usual, thanks for reading!