Chapter 13

Don't look back

The following evening, Taeyeon was dolling herself up as Baekhyun had arranged a dinner for her. She was applying her eyeliner and blush when Jessica came up to her.

“Where are you going later?” Jessica asked as she saw few dresses piling up on the bed. It was the day where SNSD members gather at their dorm, so most of the members have come back with delicious foods like chicken and ricecakes.

“I’m going for a dinner later.” Taeyeon replied and starts applying her pink lipstick.

Jessica pouts and rests her head on the leader’s shoulder.

“So you’re not going to have dinner with us? It’s been a while since we came back. Don’t you miss us?”

“It’s not as if we didn’t meet up during our dance training. Jess, be good. I had to change now.” She patted Jessica’s head.

Seohyun came knocking on the door of Taeyeon’s room.

“Come in.” Taeyeon said as she picks up a dress inside her wardrobe.

“Unnie, need help choosing clothes?”

Taeyeon gave Seohyun a shocked look.

“I know everything. Tiffany unnie told me about it. You’re having dinner with Baekhyun later right?”

Taeyeon nodded with a shy smile.

Jessica’s smile disappeared. “So you abandon your members for your boyfriend.”

“Sica unnie, how can you say that?” Seohyun hooked her arms around Taeyeon’s and started to choose a dress for her unnie.

“Seohyun, I was just kidding.” Jessica turned to Taeyeon. “Taeyeon, why didn’t you tell me? You always tell everything to Tiffany but not me.”

“Because me and tiff lives together. And I don’t have to tell everything to every single one of you right?” She smiled.

Seohyun found a simple white dress and hurry Taeyeon to change it.

---

Taeyeon has reached the western restaurant that Baekhyun had booked seats.

She walked carefully on her heels and saw Baekhyun waiting for her patiently in one of the tables. He was the only person she saw when she steps into the restaurant, with the waiter welcoming her at the door.

“Why is the restaurant empty?” That was the first thing she asked when she walked over. Baekhyun pulled out the chair for her.

“I’ve booked the whole restaurant.”

“WHAT?!” Taeyeon shouted.

“My friend’s family owned this restaurant. He let me have this restaurant for few hours. Noona, can you do me a favour?”

“What?”

“My friend said he will not charge us if he can have your photo and signature.” Baekhyun winked.

“Sure.”

Baekhyun smiled and signal the waiter to come.

“You can serve the food now.”

Taeyeon found it quite surprising that Baekhyun actually manage to own the whole restaurant for himself with the waiter and cook. She looked around at the empty tables and let out a gasp of awe.

“Amazing. You planned all these?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes. Just a call to my friend and it’s done.” Baekhyun took a sip on a glass of ice water. “Noona, do you like the song that is playing now?”

Taeyeon closed her eyes for a second and listen to the music that started playing in the restaurant.

“Your favourite song?” She asked.

“The song I’ve been listening to recently. Isn’t it nice?” Baekhyun started to hum to the tune of the music.

“Sing for me.” Taeyeon made a sudden request.

Baekhyun nodded and clear his throat before he started to sing along with the music.

Aye I’m feeling your style 
You’re one of a kind girl 
And you, just the way you are 
a picture perfect 
And lady, you’ve got what I want 
There’s nothing more than I would need 
So take my hands, come with me baby

Baekhyun sang emotionally as he looked into Taeyeon’s eyes.

Of course, Taeyeon felt her face became hot and she smile shyly while looking at her partner.

The dinner went quite well after that, as the couple started to discuss about the food that Baekhyun had asked to prepare. In fact, he did not tell her that he had spent the whole afternoon preparing the pasta taught by his friend’s mum.

He was pleased as he watches his girlfriend happily enjoying the pasta that he had prepared.

After the dinner, he asked Taeyeon to close her eyes and he walked to her seat.

Taeyeon felt something around her neck.

“You can open your eyes now.”

It was the necklace that they bought it that day. She saw it. The words engraved on the ring that was attached to the necklace.

BBH <3 KTY

“Thank you.” She said, holding onto the ring. “Thankyou, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun leaned his head close to Taeyeon’s face and coughed.

He wanted to . He pointed at his cheek.

“Shouldn’t you do something in return?”

Taeyeon her lips and paused for a while, and she quickly gave a peck on his cheek before her face turns red.

Baekhyun suddenly thought of something, and he dished out his phone in his pocket.

“Let’s take a photo.” He placed his phone in front of them and brings his head near to Taeyeon and happily smiling into the camera.

--

The couple walked out in the street with their fingers interlocking each other. It was the first time they were walking on the street, holding hands.

“I got new wallpaper now.” He smiles as he looks at his phone in excitement. They took a few selcas, where one of them was a funny picture and Baekhyun set it as his lockscreen.

“Baekhyun ah, do you think it’s safe for us to walk on the street like that?” Taeyeon looked around.

“It’s late at night. No one will recognise us. And there are not much people on the street right now.” He assured her.

“But you look very beautiful even in the dark night.” He starts to again.

Taeyeon was quite full so she didn’t talk much after the dinner, but Baekhyun was the opposite. He started to talk more than usual along the way.

They got into a cab and Baekhyun sent Taeyeon to her dorm first. Before Taeyeon got off the cab, she turned her head and kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. 

“Thanks for tonight.” She smiles.

Baekhyun was surprised by the kiss. Taeyeon has never done the first move. It was the first time that she actually leaned in and kisses him.

He couldn’t express the happiness inside him that night.

-End of Chapter 13-

A/N: Sorry! It's been long since I've updated this! xD

The next chapter might be up a bit later because I havent started on it yet! (:

Meanwhile, take care! (:

Lyrics Translation for 2lson- My Lady (Song)

I’m looking for the lady that was walking by
When she was diamond in a rough tell me all about
And then I really want something I can’t deny
Well, let me do a thing
and I’m not going to put my game up on it

Expressionless lady open your heart
Why do you keep avoiding my gaze, look at me 
You know that when you’re gone I only look for you
Girl let me love you, today I can’t hold it in any longer 

Don’t hesitate and come a bit closer
No matter where I look, you’re an angel from the sky
Your mad, y, cool style caught my eyes
Aye, hold on, when I put my arm around your shoulder
you’re smiling

Aye I’m feeling your style 
You’re one of a kind girl 
And you, just the way you are 
a picture perfect 
And lady, you’ve got what I want 
There’s nothing more than I would need 
So take my hands, come with me baby

Shake your fears off
Take my hands just once
I don’t need any other woman but you by my side now 
Please acknowledge my sincerity ba-ba-ba-ba-baby 

Even if I hold you I can’t get a hold of you
Today, please tell me
That you’ve been feeling the same way too 
Oh

Would you be my love 
Would you be that her 
Can I be the man that makes you smile 
Where are you going, what on earth are you looking at
Girl I wanna make you mine 
Just like you’re having everything I want
I got everything for your sake
For now, there’s nothing besides you
that I need in front of my eyes
I’m here girl 
All I need in this world is you 
For real girl
I hope you feel (the same way) the way I feel girl [*]
That right you already know
Dok2, Bumkey just talk to ‘em man

Expressionless lady open your heart
Why do you keep avoiding my gaze, look at me 
You know that when you’re gone I only look for you
Girl let me love you, today I can’t hold it in any longer 

Don’t hesitate and come a bit closer
No matter where I look, you’re an angel from the sky
Your mad, y, cool style caught my eyes
Aye, hold on, when I put my arm around your shoulder
you’re smiling

Lyrics credits