Four

Gender Swap

"Class, this is our new student, Kim Gwiboon. Please treat her well." Mrs. Jung, the Advanced English teacher, introduced Key to the class in English, expecting Key to do the same.

"Um, Hello. I'm Gwiboon." Key said, gaining confidence with every word. "Please treat me well here, I wish to be everyone's friend." Key smiled, knowing all the faint whisperes were about him.

He over heard a conversation that caught his attention as he made his way to the seat Mrs. Park pointed out for him. "She's extremely pretty." "I'd so do her." "You would bang anything that breathes, Dino." "Don't 'Dino' me." "I'll 'Dino' you whenever I want. I do admit though, she is pretty y." "Dude, you're a girl." "What's that got to do with anything?" "You're an idoit." "Am not." "Do you think she's easy? I really want to get in those pants." Key then saw the boyish looking girl slap the male. Good for her. Sticking up for me, even though that's what my main goal is. Not to let people in my pants, but to make them want to be. Although, she is right. He really does look like he would bang anything that breathes... The next thing Key heard startled him. "I am going to get into those pants before you, so don't even think about it, mister Dino." The girl just said that?? Heh, looks like they don't notice my seat is behind theirs. This class should be interesting. Good thing I'm already fluent in English and I don't have to pay attention.

"Hi," The male sitting next to Key said. "My name is Sung Hyun Woo. Looks like we'll be sitting next to each other the rest of the year."

Key politely smiled and looked around the classroom. He was sitting in the last row in the back right corner. With no one on his right, Hyun Woo was the only person sitting next to him. In front of Key was Dino and the girl who called him that. Key only got a quick glance at the two, but he noticed that they both did resemble dinosaurs. Maybe they're siblings? Nah. Doubt it, unless they're twins. Cousins maybe..  Onew, and some girl who looked extremely clingy sat in the pair of desks next to Dino's. Onew was next to Dino, giving the Dino a pleading look that said "get me away from this thing!" but Dino was too busy talking to Miss. Dino to notice. Minho and Taemin were sitting in front of the dino duo acting all lovey dovey, holding hands under the desk and looking at each other with their heart shaped eyes. The rest of the seats were filled with unfamiliar faces that he hoped would soon be introduced.

Along all the walls, there were English posters with inspirational quotes about success and happiness. Only stuff that teacher find to be fun and exciting. Other than that though, the room was pretty bare; nothing else on the walls or any colorful splashes of happiness that usual classrooms have.

"Ok, class. Since Gwiboon introduced herself, let's all introduce ourselves to her as well. It'll help her feel more welcome. So, let's say our names and something you like to do in your free time. Starting with you, Mr. Sung."

"Hi, I'm Sung Hyun Woo, as you know. Something I like to do in my free time...umm...I like to play sports." Shocking. He seems to be the book worm type to me.. Maybe he still is.. Whatever. It doesn't really matter that much anyways. 

"I'm Amber Liu, and I enjoy singing and rapping in my free time." Miss Dino said. Good, now she has a name. Amber, huh. Must be an exchange student or something. 

"Kim Jonghyun. I like to--" He was cut off.

"Ok, next student. Jonghyun, I know what you were going to say and that kind of language is not welcome here."

Jonghyun turned around to Key and whispered when the teacher wasn't looking, "Bang y es in my free time." Right before Jonghyun turned back around, he smirked and winked at Key.

Five more long minutes of listening to the other students introduce themselves had passes, and Key was bored out of his mind. He was still paying attention, glad to know all the others names, but the monotone voices that had started to blend together was really starting to get on his nerves. There was also the fact that Hyun Woo was drumming his fingers or occasionally his pencil on his desk as he was daydreaming. That was one of Key's biggest pet peeves. 

 

The class was finally over, and Key was dragged out of the room by a happy Taemin who was on a sugar-high, with his book bag in tow. Literally, dragged. Taemin had ahold of his arm and when Key had tripped over one of the desks' leg, Taemin didn't stop and continued to pull him along behind him.

"We have all of the same classes! Aren't you excited, Gwiboon? We're going to be with each other every day, all day!!" Taemin finally stopped, noticing that 'Gwiboon' wasn't coming along as easily as he would have liked. "Omomomo. Noona~ Are you alright? I'm sorry I dragged you all this way. I didn't know I was." 

"Ah, it's no problem. Let me just brush off my pants really quick and I'll be ready to go again." Key said with his teeth clenched, holding back his never ending anger caused by the younger. "Wait, noona? Aren't we the same age? I mean, we have all the same classes together, so we're in the same grade."

"Oh, yeah. I skipped three grades because I was apparently much smarter than all the other kids my age. Minho and Onew hyungs were nice enough to take me under their wings and help me around from all my hyungs and noonas. Jonghyun hyung has been nice to me too, but I am not as close to him as I am to the other two. Anyways, we'd better get to class or else we'll be late."

"Oh.."  So that explains a lot. The immaturity, for instance, is that of a four year old. This hyperactive child is getting more and more on my nerves as the seconds pass.

"Gwiboon, you can go ahead and sit by Taemin."

"Yay! Noona, over here!" Taemin called from a seat in the middle of the classroom.

 

The day passed by pretty quickly. The only time he got so much of a break from Taemin, was lunch, but even then the younger's presence haunted him from two seats over. Key was forced to sit at the table that belonged to Taemin, Onew, Minho and Jonghyun, or Dino face as Key has started calling him. Key found out that the four were a group called SHINee that was extremely popular around the school. Even though two of the four were openly gay, all the girls swooned over them. 

Key was surprised by the amount of homework he had. He has to get caught up with the algebra workbook his class has, which wouldn't have been a problem if he was able to pay attention during class. Taemin was sitting there the entire time poking him or whispering nonsense to the older. Sure, he means no harm, I guess, and he is kind of adorable, but he is so annoying and nervewracking and hyperactive that it angers me. I would have preferred having that creep Jonghyun in all of my classes with me.

Key was quitely sitting in his apartment, finishing up his math, when his doorbell rang. He quickly flung his wig back on and answered the door. Much to his dismay, he was shocked to see Taemin standing there with several cartons of banana milk and a bag of candy. 

"My mom told me that we had a new neighbor living a floor above us, I was super excited. Then when I heard the name, I was even more excited because it was you. I came here as fast as I could to welcome you here." Taemin made his way past Key and into his apartment where he made himself comfortable on the older's couch. "I hope you like banana milk. I remember seeing your cousin at the store, and he was looking for banana milk and so since you look like your cousin, I hoped you liked the same things as him too. Ohmygosh, noona. Your hair. Is that a wig?!"

Holy shoot. Key freaked out and looked in the mirror he forgot he placed by his door, and sure enough, his wig had fallen off. It's been one day, and someone already knows. Good going Key.

"Um.."

"Key? Kim Kibum? Is that really you? What are you doing dressed as a girl?" Taemin figured it all out in the two seconds of silence he took.

"Wow, you really are smart." Key sighed. "Yes, I am Key. I am doing an experiment... It's a long story actually. Please don't tell anyone about this. I really don't want anyone to know that I am actually a man."

"You really pulled it off though. I mean, I would have never guessed if your hair wasn't on the ground right now."

 


A/N Thank you for reading this everyone. You guys are amazing. ^_^

Comments will get you faster updates, so please comment :)