Fifteen

Gender Swap

"H-his fiance?" Heechul gulped. "You know, I can explain..."

"Please?"

"Ok, well two years ago..."

Flashback

"Oppa! Did you hear?" 16 year old Chaelin bounced up and down at Jonghyun's side.

"Hear what?" Jonghyun sighed, rubbing his temples.

"My mom and dad are leaving the country for a buisness meeting and I'm going to have a party tonight."

"That's nice Chaelin." Jonghyun walked away, but much to his dismay, Chaelin skipped up to him.

"Are you going to come Jonghyun?" Chaelin grabbed onto Jonghyun's arm and hugged it.

"I don't know." He pulled his arm out of her hold.

"Please, oppa? Pretty pretty please? With a cherry on top?"

"I said I don't know. I've got to go." 

Jonghyun jumped onto his skateboard and rode away. 

"This ring...it feels as if it's burning a hole in my pocket. I don't want to marry Chaelin. I don't even like her. My parents already expect so much from me and now they are forcing me to marry this annoying brat that I can't stand. And to make it worse, I have to propose to her by then end of the day and I really. Don't. Want. To." Jonghyun was so busy talking to himself, that he didn't realize he was heading straight towards a mailbox. "Oh my god. That frikkin hurt." He brushed off his pants and looked around to make sure no one saw him.

Just at that moment, he got a phone call. "Hello?"

"You're going to go to Chaelin's party tonight, and  you will purpose to her. Do you understand me boy?" Jonghyun mentally groaned. How did his father even find out about the party this quickly?

"Know what? No. I'm not going to. I don't care what you say, I don't care if you disown me. I will not marry Chaelin and I will not take over your company." Jonghyun hung up his phone and threw it onto the ground, causing it to break into tiny pieces. 

Jonghyun quickly went home, knowing neither of his parents would be there, to pack a bag. He threw in everything that he really needed, and quickly left, not even leaving a note. His parents wouldn't have cared much anyways. It wasn't like they had ever paid any attention to him anyways. 

He got a mile down the road before realizing he didn't have anywhere to go, and, since his parents had probably already disabled him from taking anything out of his bank account, he didn't have a way to get anything either. After a minute of hesitation, he decided that the best place to go was his cousin's apartment. It was decently far away from his parent's house but far enough away he wouldn't run into them. Now he just had to hope that his cousin would actually stay.

End of flashback

"Wait, so they never officially got engaged?" Key asked after Heechul's quick summary of what happened. 

"Yes. Well, no. You see, it's offically unoffical. Jonghyun's parents talked it through with her parents, and they agreed, but only if Jonghyun proposed in a certain length of time. And the time is almost up, and since he's falling for you, I don't think you'll have a problem."

"You have no idea how relieved I feel right now. I should probably go; Jonghyun should be at my apartment waiting for me. Project for a class..."

"Honey, use protection."

"Ohmygod. No. We aren't doing that." Key's eyes practically jumped out of his head, he was so shocked. 

"That's what they all say..." Heechul muttered. "Go, go. I won't tell him you were here."

"Thank you so much." Key awkwardly hugged Heechul before running out of the apartment to catch a bus back to his place. 

 


I'm sorry it's taken forever for me to update, and I'm sorry it's so short. I'm suffering from writers block and extreme stress. (I don't handle it well, causing me to eat less and sleep little.)

I'm trying, though, guys. I really am. I hope you all can bear with me as I try to write more for you all, and I hope you still continue to enjoy this story even if it is taking me forever. :)