Chapter 14

His Dark Past

 

 

He came to get her in the morning for their date.

“it’s 6AM on a Sunday! Why so early?!”

“Yah! I wanted to come at midnight but I decided to give you a break and let you sleep in.” He said. “Umma insisted on making too much food for two people. Since noona met you, Umma has been jealous. She’s excited to meet you.”

She smiled.

They got in the car and headed off to their destination. They rode their bikes along the path to the beach.

“Race Ya..” she said.

“You’re on!...Ready, Set, Go! Yah! Wait…my kickstand was still down!”

“Nope! You said Go!” she yelled back. She was far ahead of him now.

“Dammit…she’s fast!~” He laughed as he pedalled faster to catch up with her. Soon they were neck and neck.

“A tie!!~~~” She squealed.

“You’re lucky…if you lost there would’ve been a punishment for you.” He said.

“which is?”

“I don’t yet! But I’ll come up with something.” He said pointing his finger at her. She bit his finger. “Ow!~”

“You pointed your finger in my face. It was close to my mouth so I bit it!” she said and grinned. He pouted and held it out to her. “You want me to bite it again?”

“N-No! Kiss it!~” he whined.

“Aww…how old are you? Two?”

“Nope!~” he said. He shook his head holding up two peace signs and put them together. “I’m this many…4!~~”

She held covered to stiffle the laugh. She took his hand and kissed his finger.

“This is why you and Yoseobbie Oppa got along so well as soon as you met!” She said. “You two were meant to be best friends…maybe you are in an alternate universe.”

“In an alternate universe…I’m an idol!” he said cooly popping his collar.

“An idol? Can you sing?” she asked. He blushed.

“um…a little..” he said shyly.

“Really? Will you sing for me?!” She asked.

“hmm…okay a small part…just for you..” he said clearing his throat and he began to sing.

“So easy to forget all of the little things we do.
Like callin' for no reason, just to say the words, "Baby, I love you."
I know lately I've been busy, but a second doesn't go by without you crossin' my mind.
It's been so long since we had time, let's take a day and make everything alright.
Just take my hand, fall in love with me again.

Let's runaway to the place where love first found us.
Let's runaway for the day, don't need anyone around us.
When everything in love gets so complicated, it only takes a day to change it.
What I have to say can't wait, all I need is a day, so let's runaway.
let's runaway, just for the day. Runaway. Runaway.”

 

She was staring at him in shock.

“That was bad!” he whimpered burying his red face in his hands out of embarassment.

“Bad?! Are you kidding me?!” she said. “That was amazing! You’re amazing…Okay…I believe you…you probably are an idol in an alternate universe.”

“that was embarassing..” he said patting his red face. ‘Aish! Redness go away!~’

His nervousness died down after a while. They were feeding each other and getting to know each other more.

“you must be tired from all this planning.” She said when she noticed him yawn.

“No..not at all.” He lied.

“Come here.” she said patting her lap, motioning for him to lay down. “You said so yourself…you would’ve came at midnight. So you didn’t get any sleep at all did you?! Just take a short nap.”

After some complaining he finally gave in and lay his head upon her lap. She  brushed his bangs out of his face and his hair. He was asleep in no time.

“He really is like a puppy..” she said softly. “He’s already fallen asleep just from me his hair.”

‘he is really adorable, handsome, funny, and he planned this romantic date without sleeping..he’s so thoughtful. He’s had a rough life but then he came into mine and made everything better. He made me smile, and fall in love again when I never thought I ever would.’

She leaned down and kissed his forehead.

“I love you..” she whispered and noticed him smile a bit in his sleep.