Chapter 18

His Dark Past

 

 

A month had passed and Daniel had been spending a lot of time with Dalmatian to practice but always made time to be with ______.

He was sitting on the couch with her while she showed him old pictures of her parents and old childhood memories.

“L Joe is in a lot of pictures.”

“I bet you’re curious what happened…”

“with you, and L Joe? I’m not going to force you to tell me. Just tell me when you’re ready.”

“You told me your story…so…I’ll tell you mine.”

 

-----------flashback------------------------

 

A 9 year old ______ was sitting in the church surrounded by grieving relatives and friends of her parents.

They pitied her and it made her cry even more. Such a pretty and sweet little girl with the biggest brown eyes.

The occasion, the funeral of her parents. How depressing right? She lost both of her parents the same day.  They had just recently moved to Korea a few months ago.

She was told she would be staying with a family friend.

“Umma that’s her? The girl that’s stay with us?” a little boy said holding onto his mother’s hand.

“mhm…go say hi..” she told him. He let go of his mothers hand and went over to her

“Are you okay?” he asked and looked around.

“My Umma and Appa…” She cried and shook her head.

“What’s your name? I’m Lee Byunghun.”

“Byunghun? I’m Lee ______.”

“Come on ______…lets go outside It’s quieter..”

She wouldn’t budge.

“I…”

“get on my back.” He said. She just blinked at him. “I’ll carry you.”

She just did as he said and he gave her a piggy back ride outside. They sat under a tree. He hugged her and let her cry on him. He her hair to calm her down.

“I’m all alone now.”

“no you’re not…you have me! I’m right here. I promise to take care of you, I’ll always protect you and never let anything happen to you. No one will hurt you when you’re with me.” He vowed and pulled a flower out. “here…for you. I begged my Umma to get it because I thought it was pretty. But you’re prettier. So I’ll give it to you.”

He handed her an iris flower and smiled. She sniffled and wiped away her tears. She smiled back at him.

From that day on she was living with his family.

One night there was a thunder and lightning storm outside.

“________-ah?” he said. “Where are you?”

He went into her room and she was nowhere to be found. He heard whimpering in the closet and opened the door.

He found her curled up in a ball crying and covering her ears.

“are you okay?” he asked and then he remembered. ‘______’s umma and appa died in a car accident on a night like this…she must be scared.’ “Oh wait here!”

He ran to his room to get his headphones. He sat on her bed.

“Come here.”

She ran and hugged him. He put his earphones on her. He turned up the volume and held her close her hair.

“it’s okay..”

He was always there for her for years until he decided to go to California for a few years.

When he came back, they dated but he started to change. He was completely different. He was meaner and not at all like the Lee Byunghun she knew. He was rougher.

When they kissed his hormones made him want more and when she refused to give it to him he started to hook up with Hyuna because she was offering.

----------------------end of flashback------------------------

“That’s it…” she said. Daniel pulled her close.

“He really hurt you that bad.” He said. ‘______-ah…do you still love him? do you still love L Joe?’

He saw a picture of her and L Joe when they were kids and then it hit him. He recognized that boy. The boy. That boy…the One he was ordered to kill. That boy was L Joe.

Meanwhile, L Joe was sitting outside the house on the grass right below the window and heard all she said. It brought back the memories and his heart hurt so much. So he just sat there and let the tears fall.

'I really did mess it all up...so bad...I broke so many promises. I don't expect your forgiveness.'

 

_________________________________________________________

(TT^TT) I made myself cry typing this chapter XD