A Brush With Death

Intervention of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the morning, she woke up early to cook the boys a big breakfast and grinned to herself. She tied her hair up in a ponytail and put on an old tank top and a pair of cloth shorts. The clothes were kind of grungy and made it obvious that she didn’t have a thigh gap, but she didn’t care. She could get them dirty while she cooked and it wouldn’t matter. She danced quietly in the kitchen, feeling better. She had decided to enjoy each moment for what it was and not try to force it to be more or less than its reality.

Today was the closest thing they got to a day off; an afternoon taping. Once she had finished, she knocked gently on the first door and stuck her head in. “Breakfast is ready.” She said softly and they goraned, but ignored her. She pouted and walked into the room. She shook the bunk bed hard and MinHyuk and P.O. woke, jumping apart on the top bunk as Kyung jumped and rolled out of the bottom one.  “Wake up or everyone else will get to eat before you.” She teased and they all started to roll oout their beds.

When she went into the other room, for a moment, she just stood in the doorway and laughed. Zico was laying on the floor while  Ukwon and Taeil shared the bottom bed and Jaehyo slept alone on the top bunk. Their fearless leader must have given up his spot for the others. She crouched next to him and poked his shoulder. He waved her hand away and she laughed again.

She grabbed his shoulder and shook him a bit harder. He snatched her wrist and pulled her down. He pulled her under him and laid his head on her chest. For a moment, she was too shocked to do anything, but look at him as he laid on her. She tried to squirm away after a moment, but her squeezed her closer. She poked him just above his collar bone and he woke up, with a start. He looked down at her as she blushed and bit her lip. Her heart was beating painfully fast in her chest. She pushed him away a bit and stood up. She dusted herself and coughed a little, walking to the bunk bed. She shook it hard and Jaehyo screamed as Ukwon and Taeil jump awake, terrified. “Breakfast is ready.” She said quickly, running out of the room.

She set the table quickly and poured herself a cup of cold water. P.O. came out first and looked ready to dive into the food. She snatched his utensils away as he went to start snatching food. She sighed and collected the utensils she had laid out before the other boys sat down. She had not realized before she came here how ravenous boys could be. She pulled the covers off of the dishes and smiled. They were still steaming. In another few minutes, when Jaehyo came out, it would be cool enough to eat.

When Jaehyo came out, he smiled a little at her. She set out the utensils and smiled at each of the boys before sitting herself. The boys dug in to the food ravenously. She couldn’t help, but giggle a bit, watching them. “Why did you make such a big breakfast?” Kyung asked between mouthfuls of food and she shrugged.

“I woke up in a good mood.” She said, finishing her plate and taking it to the kitchen. “You all work hard. All day and night you work or sing or rap or practice. You have to eat to do that.” Ashe she was washing her plate, Jaehyo came up beside her and took her by the elbow.

 “Come along now, it’s time to go.” He said and she nodded, moving to go to her room. He pulled her towards the door and she stumbled a bit. “You don’t need to change. We’re leaving now. We have plans.” He said and she looked up at him, eyes wide and confused.

“Don’t I need to change? I’m not dressed to go out and I smell like breakfast. Besides, my hair is a wreck and looks terrible.” She said and he shrugged.

“We’ll buy something while we’re out.” He said, putting on his shoes. His hair was still wet and dripping on his shirt. She bit her a lip a little, sitting next to him. Even now, with no care for his appearance, he was painfully attractive.

“Won’t you be embarrassed?” She asked, shoving her feet into the pair of sneakers she left by the door. They were a bit dirty and usually only worn out to market or for jogs.

“Not for long.” He said taking her by the hand. He smiled brightly at her and pulled her out of the house. It took her a moment to match his strides, since he had yanked her so unceremoniously. As soon as she caught up to him, he placed her hand on his elbow. “We’ll stop by a store first.” He said and she frowned up at him.

“Why are we going there?” She asked and he just smiled at her. They walked into the store and she looked around, shocked and surprised. It was a really elegant place. The kind of place you would imagine celebrities and their trophy girlfriends in. “Jaehyo, this place may be a bit too much.” She said and he handed her off to a pretty little stylist.

 He sat down on a chair outside the changing room as she was carted off. She was taken into a large dressing room, full of things she would never be able to afford otherwise. The first outfit she was put in, was a simple shirt and jeans. When she came out, he shook his head and waved her back towards the dressing room.

She tried on fourteen different outfits before he approved of one. She felt like some kind of babrie. She was wearing a mid thigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter