Playing with the maknae

Intervention of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the morning, Hyun Jae was sitting in her window, reading when Zico came to wake her. She smiled, but wondered how long she could keep this up. She missed her glasses. “Morning, did you sleep well?” Zico asked and she nodded, stretching and standing. “Are you reading in English?” He asked and she hid the book quickly.

“Should I make breakfast?” She asked, turning him around and leaving the room. They walked into the dining room and smiled, looking into the kitchen. “Is anyone making breakfast yet? It’s almost six thirty.” She asked, walking into the kitchen. “What does everyone like?” She asked, quietly.

“Hyun Jae, are you making breakfast?”U kwon asked, coming out of the bathroom in a towel wrapping around his waist. Her breath caught in as he walked out, his chest still wet, and she looked away, nodding. He started to walk towards her and she smiled, looking at the counter and trying not to see him. It was absolutely indecent of him to look that good wet. “What kinda food are you making?”

“I’m not sure, really. I was going to ask what you all liked.” She said, softly.

“Could you please put on some clothes? You’re going to give the girl heart failure.” Zico said as she looked up, shyly. His eyes went wide and he laughed, bowing before running into one of the other rooms. She giggled and looked through the fridge, smirking to herself.

“How about an American style breakfast?” Taeil asked, sticking his head out of one of the rooms. She perked up. That was something quick and easy. She had been making it for years, with her family. Even after they had come here, they had decided to keep that one tradition.

She closed the fridge and opening the cabinet. “I’d have to go get a few things, but it wouldn’t take too long. I think I saw a store on the run back here, yesterday.” She said, smiling. “I’ll be back soon, okay?” She said, running to her room for her bag. When she got to the door, P.O. was waiting, looking nervous and awkward. He was tapping his shoe on the wood, with his arms crossed.

He caught her looking at him and smiled brightly, dropping his arms. “I wanted to go with you. I mean, you don’t know the area and I don’t want you to get lost or anything.” He said, smiling softly. She giggled a little and smiled. “WE don’t want you to get lost.” He corrected himself and she smiled, walking over and sitting down to put on her shoes.

“Well, come on then Pyo Ji Hoon.” She said, testing out his name on her tongue. She opened the door and motioned for him to lead the way. He led her to the grocery store and held the basket while she shopped. He seemed uncomfortable, so she tried to play with him and after a bit, he loosened up. He followed her up and down the aisles, joking and laughing in his shockingly deep voice.

On the walk home, he took her hand and placed it on his arm as he carried the bags. For a moment, he got nervous and quiet again. She tucked her arm inside his comfortably and smiled up at him. He smiled back as they continued to walk.

As she cooked breakfast, P.O. sat at the breakfast bar while the boy sat in the kitchen. “You know, you’re not so bad. I thought you’d be all screaming and begging us to sign stuff, like some of the other fans.” He said and she started rocking a bit on her heels. “I don’t mean that in a bad way. Our fans are great, but it would just be a little stressful to live with someone like that.”

She laughed a little and looked up at him. “Trust me when I say that at concert, I’m all screaming and tears, but I don’t think you realize how traumatized I was. I cracked my head on Ukwon’s and you guys bum-rushed me. Then, all this is happening. It’s amazing and you’re all wonderful. I guess it’s a hard distinction for me to make; the person and the celebrity, but I’m doing my best.”

She sat out breakfast and called everyone around. They sat down as she put out the last of the pancakes and immediately dug in. “So, how do you feel about all this? I mean, are you okay?” Min Hyuk asked and she shrugged a little, smiling. “Come on now, you have to tell us. If you don’t how will we make it easier?” He insisted.

She smiled a little and drank some of her orange juice. It was hard to explain. “I feel like Alice.” She said, looking over her glass. “I wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes.” She asked and the boys stopped eating for a moment. She tilted her head and smiled. “Is it good?” She asked and they nodded.

“You’ll be alright to go out at four, right?” P.O. asked and she nodded, and then looked up from her plate. “Make sure you wear tennis shoes and jeans, okay?” He asked.

“Where are we going?” she asked and he smiled at her. He kept eating and she sighed. If there was one thing she was learning, it was that they sure had rather specific ideas about what she had to wear to go on dates.

For the rest of the day, until three thirty, she got to lay around and relax for the first day of her vacation. She started to watched television, but gave up after a while. It was just too early to focus on anything. So she ended up listening to Taeil and Zico’s music while she sat on the couch. She wanted to dance, but she was afraid they would laugh at her. Instead, she just closed her eyes and listened, tapping her foot. After not terribly long, Min Hyuk flopped next to her.

“You said you dance, right?” He asked and she shrugged, embarrassed.

“I only dance in my room.”

“Why?” He asked and she started worrying her hands in her lap.

“I’m not very good. I only kinda, dance to music videos and concerts and stuff.” She said and tried not to be terribly embarrassed. She never danced in front of anyone.

“So, you should know our dances right?” Min Hyuk asked and she nodded. He jumped up and tapped Ukwon on the shoulder and whispered in his ear. Ukwon grabbed Jaehyo and turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter